I mean, I stopped watching TWD after the cliffhanger at the end of last season. Haven't seen an episode at all this season. To bring it back on topic, I do think these shows get bigger than people like Scott Gimple and D&D can handle. It's sort of how LOST got away from Lindlelof and Cuse. I'm not sure if it's just the result of a show becoming too big or what, but they always seem to collapse under their own weight.

But then again, Vince Gilligan did six seasons of Breaking Bad flawlessly, even though the last was shorter than the others.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I mean, I stopped watching TWD after the cliffhanger at the end of last season. Haven't seen an episode at all this season. To bring it back on topic, I do think these shows get bigger than people like Scott Gimple and D&D can handle. It's sort of how LOST got away from Lindlelof and Cuse. I'm not sure if it's just the result of a show becoming too big or what, but they always seem to collapse under their own weight.

But then again, Vince Gilligan did six seasons of Breaking Bad flawlessly, even though the last was shorter than the others.
    Personally I don't think GoT has gone the way of TWD or Lost. D&D no longer have books to directly adapt from so in that regard they are having to do a lot more creative work to turn the story into a tv show but at least they know where the story is going and have a definitive end in mind. With TWD it just seems like redundant bullshit to some degree and I lost interest in it a few seasons ago though my wife still watches so I sort of keep up on the story. With Lost, it was just a matter of them always trying to add another layer of mystery and questions each season with no real end in sight imo until they decided to just end it and tried to tie up as many storylines as they could. GoT at its core still knows what its trying to be and where its going I would say.

Well, tbf, I think LOST was seriously fucked by the Hollywood writer's strike in s5, and then ending it in s6....they probably were planning out to s8 or 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    D&D have been complaining for quite some time that the size of GoT is getting very taxing, in terms of finishing on time. They've said the schedule is that of a mid-range movie, rather than a TV show. According to them, the shortened seasons allows for them to focus on "their big finish".

- - - Updated - - -

- Robb Stark: One time she told me the sky is blue because we live inside the eye of a blue-eyed giant named 'Macumber'.

- Bran Stark: ... maybe we do.
    I can accept that, I just figured focusing on Euron would be relatively easy. It's not as if they're going to recall his travels across the world and need to fly to exotic locales for shoots, but just help us to understand him more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Well, tbf, I think LOST was seriously fucked by the Hollywood writer's strike in s5, and then ending it in s6....they probably were planning out to s8 or 10.
    The writers have openly admitted since the show came off the air that they had no idea what they were doing, and were basically making it up as they went along . There was no grand plan, no great secret... Was basically 6 seasons of trolling.

Back on topic: Ed Sheeran has been taking so much heat on Twitter since the premiere aired than he's closed his twitter account...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA fucking ginger twat. I didn't even think his cameo was that bad, he barely said anything. I just love to see obvious publicity stunts backfire .
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I don't think it was necessarily a publicity stunt, he's just an English guy who loves GoT and they offered him a cameo. It's not like he's selling an album, is he?

I kind of like the scene of Lannister soldiers, tbh. If it's done right, it'll cover all of A Feast for Crows's themes (the people, oppression of the peasantry, serving at the whims of lords who don't care for them) in one mini-arc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, his album Devide came out VERY recently. Actually did very well... Then this seems to have totally undone all of that XD.

I don't know why, but I have the feeling that there was actually more to that scene that we didn't see... Namely, Arya murdering all the soldiers, because fuck the Lannisters.

Maybe we'll just see the aftermath of the massacre next episode. She'll wake up and we'll see her leave the camp, then see a flash of corpses, or maybe just see her putting away/cleaning a bloodstained needle.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    They are in the Riverlands, but where/when exactly I don't know. While the weather was quite different in the Arya scene, it is possible that the scenes are separated by a certain amount of time.
    I dunno man, i can take it that one has to imagine the passage in time when you see characters in different setting in one episode, but the weather difference between the Hound and Arya seems like a stretch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I dunno man, i can take it that one has to imagine the passage in time when you see characters in different setting in one episode, but the weather difference between the Hound and Arya seems like a stretch.
    The farmer's house was on the footsteps of the Mountains of the Moon. Clegane and Arya met him first on their way to the Vale. This means that the Brotherhood Without Banners are at a higher altitude than Arya is now, who was seamingly going south on the King's Road, near the Greenfork, at the lowest point in the valley. I live in Québec City. At the northern limits of the city begins the very old mountain range of the Laurentides or Laurentian Mountains. This means that their altitude is now rather low. Still, it is not rare that there are snow falls there while there's nothing in the city.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    The hound is near the vale and the mountains of the moon, Arya is in the Riverlands' lowlands, there is a massive difference in elevation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    The hound is near the vale and the mountains of the moon, Arya is in the Riverlands' lowlands, there is a massive difference in elevation
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I said.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I said.
    Ya this forum needs a up vote function, sadly most of the discussion of this episode has been people desperately trying to cling to any fault they can try and fabricate. and people who actually pay attention, like you an me having to explain stuff like this to them.

I don't mind finding faults where like there is fault like criminally under using Alexander Siddig, like why bother even casting him if you are just going to kill him off after 20 min of screen time.

But those that are saying Arya who was posing as Wallder Frey the defacto lord of the Riverlands didn't have the ability to poison those 30+ people is silly, especially when she had 2 weeks to plan it. Your average maester needs to keep stores to serve his castle. Let alone one that has a brood the size of the freys, let alone any actual poisons Walder had.

meh back to reddit.

Maybe Euron's gift to Cersei is the location of the only Hot Topic in Westeros.

Pretty good episode regardless though

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Walking Dead in a nut shell.... I'm gonna keep watching it though
    lol true, true....

I think for some of us, you have to finish the show. If you've invested X seasons into a show and it jumps the shark in your opinion, you still feel compelled to finish it. I don't feel that way about GoT or TWD... it might be why I still play WoW though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    My favorite sand snake. I'm hoping Jessica will use some of the skills she learned on Iron Fist.
    Yep, quoting myself. I'd forgotten that Arya's direwolf was also named Nymeria lmao I hope Nymeria Sand gets some good licks in before getting killed by Euron.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    1000 ships = strong in my book.
    Wrong group. He was talking about the Freys, not Greyjoys. Which you should have noticed if you had read the post he quoted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hawthorne Wipes View Post
    Not gonna defend DnD show numbers about the Iron Fleet, but in the books, Euron has men to sail their ships from all corners of the known world, not just the Iron Islands (which could explain the increase in his army) and also, most of his ships were short and fast, made for quick ambushes, capable of maneuvering in rivers.
    Again, that would explain 1.000 SHORT ships even if show's timing doesnt aline well.
    Anyway, Euron has been very little developed, and for now, he doesnt resemble the books' character, so who knows..
    Euron doesn't bring any extra men other than those who already operate his own ships. Orders of magnitude too few to solve the "1000 ships" markup. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Geeky View Post
    You are absolutely right about the shift in tone. I always find it funny when people apply the same "analytical techniques" between the book and the show.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with you. I think the problem falls back on the fact that the showrunners are taking books that are hundreds of pages long and having to dissect, cut, edit it down to the 58 minute episodes that they give us. Now with shorter seasons, they are even more tight on what they are showing.
    Given that it's supposed to be the same relative story, it's not really any wonder. And no, they're not dissecting anything at this point. That's why the shift happened, they had no books to fall back on.
    Last edited by Sooba; 2017-07-19 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    The writers have openly admitted since the show came off the air that they had no idea what they were doing, and were basically making it up as they went along . There was no grand plan, no great secret... Was basically 6 seasons of trolling.

Back on topic: Ed Sheeran has been taking so much heat on Twitter since the premiere aired than he's closed his twitter account...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA fucking ginger twat. I didn't even think his cameo was that bad, he barely said anything. I just love to see obvious publicity stunts backfire .
    I refuse to listen to Top 40 music, so I didnt even know what Ed Sheeran looked like. But I imagine if you did, it could be distracting. But if you love him, you wouldn't care.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    D&D have been complaining for quite some time that the size of GoT is getting very taxing, in terms of finishing on time. They've said the schedule is that of a mid-range movie, rather than a TV show. According to them, the shortened seasons allows for them to focus on "their big finish".
    They screwed themselves starting around season 4 when they cut the Aegon storyline and dramatically shortened the Ironborn and Riverlands ones. They weren't aware of why those were as important as they were. These cuts had knock-on effects as it forced them to truncate Dorne (which dovetailed with Aegon), which made a mess of that one too. Now the Ironborn seemingly have grown a huge power base ex nihilo. There are also still some folks who resent no LSH, (although that is the least important of the three, tbh). Each of those in turn have implications for other storylines (Tyrion, Dany, Cersei, etc etc.) To substitute, they started some Grey-worm and Missandei stuff, which has gone precisely nowhere.

They had all the material they needed to keep the seasons longer *and* add a couple more, all while maintaining their original vigor because they'd have been keeping with the books (reducing effort required to convert any individual week). The extra year would also mean that the 6th book would've been out by the time they got to that material, so they'd have been able to use that too. It wouldn't have been until book 7 that they'd have gotten to the point of needing to generate truly "new" material, by which point the direction of storylines would have been far clearer. Instead, they made the aforementioned cuts then suddenly found themselves in a tougher slog because they had to generate material "from scratch" far sooner than necessary.

All that being said, I still think this show is miles better than most other stuff on TV, so I don't mind as much. There's just that tiny nagging thought that it could've risen to even greater heights.

Sorry for multiple edits, took me a bit to streamline my thoughts.
    Last edited by Sooba; 2017-07-19 at 07:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geeky View Post
    I love when people bash on the show episode after episode yet they still watch it...
    Jokes on you, I haven't watched it. Not after the last 2 seasons. Hearing about a literal poop montage made me realize I made the right choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorebelly da Warboss View Post
    Jokes on you, I haven't watched it. Not after the last 2 seasons. Hearing about a literal poop montage made me realize I made the right choice.
    Nope, the joke is still on you . You stopped watching two years ago... But still hang out here to rag on the show? That's WORSE than people who bash the show but still watch.