Brewmaster set bonuses... again

Item - Monk T21 Brewmaster 2P Bonus - Breath of Fire Generates Bonus EB Stacks Breath of Fire has a 100% chance to generate an additional stack of Elusive Brawler for each target hit.
    Item - Monk T21 Brewmaster 4P Bonus - Dodging Resets Breath of Fire CD When you dodge an attack, you have a 25% chance to reset the cooldown of Breath of Fire.
    Great job Blizzard, you really know what Brewmasters want, that 4 set bonus I'm totally going to ditch the legendary chestpiece now... /s

Deleted
    I mean, the 2 piece isn't a lot better. Once you get it, you will probably want to drop a lot of mastery so that you hit 100% dodge at 4 stacks because otherwise you will just overcap all the time.

Assuming you have enough mastery to guarantee a dodge at 3 stacks, then you generate one additional stack at 1 target, if you have 1 or 0 stacks. You generate 1 additional stack at 2 targets if you had 0 stacks, and you get no benefit for more than 3 targets. So the bonus could as well be BoF generates 1 additional stack of EB if it hits at least one target.
    Last edited by mmoc41520863c8; 2017-07-19 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    I mean, the 2 piece isn't a lot better. Once you get it, you will probably want to drop a lot of mastery so that you hit 100% dodge at 4 stacks because otherwise you will just overcap all the time.

Assuming you have enough mastery to guarantee a dodge at 3 stacks, then you generate one additional stack at 1 target, if you have 1 or 0 stacks. You generate 1 additional stack at 2 targets if you had 0 stacks, and you get no benefit for more than 3 targets. So the bonus could as well be BoF generates 1 additional stack of EB if it hits at least one target.
    Both are terrible, but the 4 set is a joke. Tier 19 set bonuses were great, tier 20 bonuses were Ok, Tier 21 bonuses are a joke... Why are our bonuses getting worse with each set?

Deleted
    I dunno, I really like T20. For T21 I'm still hoping they change their mind and do something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    I dunno, I really like T20. For T21 I'm still hoping they change their mind and do something else.
    t20 from the beginning of the 7.2 ptr and what we have today are completely different. will have to see if the same happens here.

The initial t20 set pieces were something to do with effuse which was utter garbage. I assume they'll change this. They should embrace the tunic, not keep trying to nerf it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodleface View Post
    The initial t20 set pieces were something to do with effuse which was utter garbage. I assume they'll change this. They should embrace the tunic, not keep trying to nerf it.
    They should make the stupid tunic baseline as its a huge improvement to the flow and rotation of the spec. BM hunters got a legendary of theirs made baseline for the same reasons, so why can't we?

Pretty much the only thing that tier 4p allows is to spam breath of fire in M+, you won't want to do that in raids, so that's a really poor idea of a raid bonus, the 2p turns breath of fire into a 100% dodge next hit which can be nice but won't change much from the current situation

Talking about the class flow, it feels really good with the legendary shoulders and chest, without that the gameplay is much duller so that's something to explore

Quote Originally Posted by Mokuna View Post
    Pretty much the only thing that tier 4p allows is to spam breath of fire in M+, you won't want to do that in raids, so that's a really poor idea of a raid bonus, the 2p turns breath of fire into a 100% dodge next hit which can be nice but won't change much from the current situation

Talking about the class flow, it feels really good with the legendary shoulders and chest, without that the gameplay is much duller so that's something to explore
    Actually the reason I know for a fact these set bonuses ain't going live because that BoF spam you speak of would bring us to 90% avoidance if not higher, up from 70%. It would actually be extremely overpowered in raiding, sure it would sacrifice a lot of dps but you could literally just hit kegsmash/BoF and use a rare BoS when you get no procs and almost be like a rogue tank in BC literally dodging every single hit. It would get to the point where you would only use ISB for unavoidable attacks and imediately spam purifies after it while dodging all the auto attacks.

Shit would be broken as fuck, the opposite of "wouldn't want to do it in raids".

Deleted
    I don't think that it will increase your dodge in such a ludicrous proportion. I mean a dodge gives you on average 0.5 EB stacks single target (25% chance to generate 2) or less if you happen to dodge when BoF is off CD anyway. Even if we increase it and say, every 4th dodge you get an auto dodge right after, then (assuming 70% dodge overall)

Out of 400 attacks, you dodge 280 baseline, every forth of them gives you an auto dodge resulting in 70 auto dodges. Every one of them replaces an attack, which means 70% of them would have been dodges so you only get 21 "bonus" dodges, resulting in 301 dodges or 75.25%.

The assumption of replacing a hit with average dodge chace is valid, because after the hit you are on 0 stacks, like you would have been without the guaranteed dodge, so you are not replacing the attack with 0 EB stacks you would have gotten, you just delay that by 1 and replace the last one on the fight you would have taken. That attack is as uncorrelated to the random attack as it gets. I neglect that the increased number of dodges will again result in an increased number of auto dodges. The 21 dodges generated 5 additional auto dodges, resulting in 1.5 additional effective dodges, so lets say 76% dodges.

This is actually a lot better than I expected, but still not in the area of 90%, and I also neglected the fact, that 2 additional EB stacks won't always make sure you dodge.