Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheimy View Post
    Except, WotLK did contain 'THE LICH KING' and WoD (us/warlords) 'WARLORDS OF DRAENOR. My point is there really isn't a formula.
    Yes, but you are ignoring the fact that LICH KING was the central theme of the expansion and WARLORDS OF DRAENOR were too. Kul'tiras won't be. I'm not saying the names don't include places or characters (look Pandaria or Draenor as you said). But they are names of an entire continent and another planet. Not a small island were we won't spend more than 2 lvls or anything. If rumours are correct, Ku'tiras is the less hyping thing TBH. Zandalar, Nazjatar, possibly Nyalotha. Kul'Tiras? xd would fall in the shadow of those empires. I know they don't have a formula but the title aways describe the central theme of the expansion, and while I'm dying to see Kul'Tiras and more islands, I don't think none of them will be the "core" of the whole expansion. I doubt this time they include a place/enemy name in the expansion title.
    Last edited by mmocd1c9020b34; 2017-07-19 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by javislaterlp View Post
    I know they don't have a formula but the title aways describe the central theme of the expansion,..
    You guys seems to operate under the assumption that file names are always tied to the expansion name or its theme. They're not. There is plenty of texture files that contain name of the zone like Hijal for example. Assuming this leak was intentional we can guess that they just picked up files that reveal enough without spoiling expansion completely. So this kul tiras thing could be just zone name. Perhaps when its released, there will be kezan_quest_cloth whatever.. as well
    Last edited by DelusionalBear; 2017-07-19 at 09:29 AM.

8.0 will have Azshara as the face of the expansion, possibly with N'zoth and the black armies as a major or even primary threat.

It will include Kul Tiras, Zandalari, and any other island or ocean-based stories that have yet to be wrapped up. If Kul Tiras is a major part of the expansion, you can assume safely that Jaina will be playing a major role here, just like her daddy did. What do you think she has been doing all of this time?

I suspect we'll also see major character growth for Anduin, he might even become the paladin people are expecting him to turn to, as well as character growth for Sylvanas. She may turn into the villain some of us are suspecting, or perhaps a different path will show and we'll more about her.

I would also not be surprised if goblins played a very major role, and I would personally love if gnomes got some attention (it's long overdue), but goblins have the Undermine and that is something that would very obviously be explored at this point. Not as a "capital city" but rather a neutral hub or even a zone to explore and quest in.

As for wishful thinking rather than actual expectations...

I hope we get new races, but hey, that's just me. I think they are overdue. Vrykul and Naga would be potentially interesting for the expansion (likely for Alliance and Horde respectively, though who knows...?), or perhaps they'll do something else entirely. I know Ogres have been asked for for a while now.

Don't worry about the 'hows' or 'whys'. Blizzard adds what players want to use and play with, and they will find convenient reasons to do so. They did for Death Knights, Monks, Demon Hunters, Pandaren, Worgen... the list goes on. They'll do it for other stuff as well.

My two coins. Take it as you may.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DelusionalBear View Post
    You guys seems to operate under the assumption that file names are always tied to the expansion name or its theme. They're not. There is plenty of texture files that contain name of the zone like Hijal for example. Assuming this leak was intentional we can guess that they just picked up files that reveal enough without spoiling expansion completely. So this kul tiras thing could be just zone name. Perhaps when its released, there will be kezan_quest_cloth whatever.. as well
    That is my point, and that's why I'm saying Kul'tiras won't be the name of the expansion. I know they datamined Kul'Tiras armor and I am hopeful that it will be a zone in the next expansion but people is going too much forward with this, and Kul'Tiras was never more than an island with a city, like Theramore but a bit bigger. I am sure 100% the title will be a reference to the sea or the void or both.

Edit just to point a thing: Every single zone in Broken Isles is way more important to the lore than Kul'Tiras was/ever will.
    Last edited by mmocd1c9020b34; 2017-07-19 at 10:08 AM.

I think the biggest "issue" with the upcoming expansion is the lack of any information regarding class / spec progress. Artifact weapons did a really good job in developing every different spec and I'm not sure how "boring" the next expansion will be without anything like that.

- - - Updated - - -

That is my point, and that's why I'm saying Kul'tiras won't be the name of the expansion. I know they datamined Kul'Tiras armor and I am hopeful that it will be a zone in the next expansion but people is going too much forward with this, and Kul'Tiras was never more than an island with a city, like Theramore but a bit bigger. I am sure 100% the title will be a reference to the sea or the void or both.

Edit just to point a thing: Every single zone in Broken Isles is way more important to the lore than Kul'Tiras was/ever will.
    Broken Isles never were this kind of "continent", they made nearly all of this up to have the possibility to turn them into an entire continent. So I'm pretty sure they could do this with Kul'tiras as well. Tbh it would be exactly the same as with Broken Isles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

Broken Isles never were this kind of "continent", they made nearly all of this up to have the possibility to turn them into an entire continent. So I'm pretty sure they could do this with Kul'tiras as well. Tbh it would be exactly the same as with Broken Isles.
    Yeah but look at the chronicles map. While not labeled as such, you can easyily identify Kul'tiras. It looks like a hand flipping the bird. And it's very very very small. It's about the size of Kezan. Even with most of it destroyed, Gilneas is still more than twice it's size.

Sure you can add more islands, but Kul'tiras itself is tiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    What if Thrall is at Kul'Tiras. He senses during his walkabout the Void threat, it leads him to Kul Tiras. And Jaina imprisons him 'for interference' of some kind.
    I'm at a loss as to why he's not the Warchief of the Horde.

Deleted
    No, Kul'Tiras would be something like Suramar, a zone with a big city, but no more. Not an entire continent and not planned like Broken Isles (lorewise Broken Isles have sense, while Kul'Tiras, apart from the main city, only has Tol Barad and we have it from Cataclysm). I bet on separate islands, Kul'tiras being one (Kezan and Zandalar probably), but they won't "glue" more terrain to a island that is no bigger than the isle of thunder. If Kul'Tiras shows up this expansion, It will be an island not a continent. Broken Shore is a glued continent but those zones (Suramar, Black Rook, etc) were always lorewise near from each other. Kul'Tiras is more "isolated".

No, Kul'Tiras would be something like Suramar, a zone with a big city, but no more. Not an entire continent and not planned like Broken Isles (lorewise Broken Isles have sense, while Kul'Tiras, apart from the main city, only has Tol Barad and we have it from Cataclysm). I bet on separate islands, Kul'tiras being one (Kezan and Zandalar probably), but they won't "glue" more terrain to a island that is no bigger than the isle of thunder. If Kul'Tiras shows up this expansion, It will be an island not a continent. Broken Shore is a glued continent but those zones (Suramar, Black Rook, etc) were always lorewise near from each other. Kul'Tiras is more "isolated".
    You have no idea what you're talking about, so for the sake of everyone within this thread, please stop:

Balor
    Crestfall
    Kul Tiras
    Tol Barad
    Zul'Dare

There are more than enough zones for the Channel Isles to get their own expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, WTH is up with the forum spam? The entire GD section is filled with nonsense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    You have no idea what you're talking about, so for the sake of everyone within this thread, please stop:

Balor
    Crestfall
    Kul Tiras
    Tol Barad
    Zul'Dare

There are more than enough zones for the Channel Isles to get their own expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, WTH is up with the forum spam? The entire GD section is filled with nonsense.
    Are people that insisting in making Kul'Tiras center of an expansion? FFS Balor Crestfall and Zul'Dare are not relevant zones in Warcraft (yes you can come here and paste a snippet of a single quest/page of a book with an anecdote but they DON'T fill an expansion. Also Tol Barad is in game since Cata, they may revamp but i don't think so. Just be logical, they won't put all those zones only to "largify" Kul'Tiras.

PS: They fitted the second most important planet in all warcraft universe (lorewise) in a patch and you really think they will make an expansion of channel islands only to make Kul'Tiras the core? I don't know guy but seems very unlikely.
    Last edited by mmocd1c9020b34; 2017-07-19 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Yeah but look at the chronicles map. While not labeled as such, you can easyily identify Kul'tiras. It looks like a hand flipping the bird. And it's very very very small. It's about the size of Kezan. Even with most of it destroyed, Gilneas is still more than twice it's size.

Sure you can add more islands, but Kul'tiras itself is tiny.
    Yes, it's pretty small but Broken Isles were not bigger. They made them bigger by bringing up zones like Stormheim and Highmountain. I just say they could do this with Kul'tiras as well if necessary.

I mean they could just "raise" some kind of undersea zones and place them next to Kul'tiras, et voila, there you have your continent. I don't say it's good I just say it's possible.

Deleted
    They have been hinting Nagas and Old Gods the entire expansion (Azsuna, Emerald Nightmare, Neltharion, Nightwell, Star Augur....) and only one datamined armor set named "Kul Tiras" and people is going really nuts with Kul Tiras. Chill people, don't go aggressive.

Deleted
    Considering how blizzard sometimes uses smaller, less significant assets from coming expansions in final patches of the previous (if it fits) expansion, I'd actually like to believe (in the case of South Seas) that those awesome fel-tornadoes they're using on Argus might be used in a South Seas zone - obviously less fel-infused.

If there's one zone design I universally loved in a lot of games, it's that one Zone that seems to be plagued by constant bad weather. Crestwood in Dragon Age comes to mind. I'd love to see one of the isles be just constantly in a state of tropical storms. Constant rain, tornadoes out on the sea or even on the land, like in MoS' Naglfar sequence. Just a tropical jungle isle, plagued by rain and storms.

7+ Year Old Account
    so if the next expansion, is not about south seas/naga/azshara thing, what would be? There is not much left and im pretty sure we can cut off time travel

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    so if the next expansion, is not about south seas/naga/azshara thing, what would be? There is not much left and im pretty sure we can cut off time travel
    People are bringing up Lich King 2.0 and Dragon stuff (due to the Chromie scenario) but I think all of that is just imagination. It would be really really really strange after all these hints if we're not going to Kul'tiras and kill Nagas somehow in the next expansion.

Deleted
    What if we're gonna continue exploring Argus in the next expansion?

Deleted
    While I would love to see a return of the lich king, I think something with Aszhara and Nzoth is the only thing that makes sense... YET. Plus an aquatic surrounding would be a welcome change after all that demon wasteland killing. But you know, its blizzard... never know when garrosh pops up in his delorean.

Deleted
    Yes, it's pretty small but Broken Isles were not bigger. They made them bigger by bringing up zones like Stormheim and Highmountain. I just say they could do this with Kul'tiras as well if necessary.

I mean they could just "raise" some kind of undersea zones and place them next to Kul'tiras, et voila, there you have your continent. I don't say it's good I just say it's possible.
    It is possible. Hell I'd say it's very likely. Both those won't be strictly speaking be parts of Kul'tiras itself.

If the next expansion is naga/Azshara one, Kul'Tiras will be just a leveling zone, not a new continent. Otherwise when we defeat Azshara and N'zoth there won't be a big baddie in that region to center future expansions around, so there won't be a reason to get back to the other south sea locations in the future. Thus Kezan, Zandalar and other islands will remain unexplored forever.
    Last edited by Mushkins; 2017-07-20 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlastet View Post
    What if we're gonna continue exploring Argus in the next expansion?
    There's nothing to explore.