Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Whelp. the sick fucks actually did it to score some PR point...

wow
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Whelp. the sick fucks actually did it to score some PR point...

wow
    They'll use it to make themselves look good and to bash single payer healthcare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    They'll use it to make themselves look good and to bash single payer healthcare.
    and very much literally torture a child in the process.

To the people here who are complaining about this: can you be any more vile? You're the same people who don't want anyone telling you want to do with your life, you have no right saying somebody can't live because they may have brain damage, especially not knowing the extent or its affects.

Is it some PR? Yep. Is it also a way to test an experimental treatment that may save many more to come? Yep. So do you just want to be unhappy with everything?

This kid could have all sorts of problems growing up, but, he might enjoy his life and be happy. Many people with disabilities grow stronger than any of you because of their will to overcome problems instead of just crying about a baby having another chance at surviving. This forum base is disgusting and pitiful.
    and then he cupped my balls...

Still 0 news from actual media tho. Just twitter + a ton of tabloids.
    You would think atleast one reputable news site would have picked it up by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconuter View Post
    To the people here who are complaining about this: can you be any more vile? You're the same people who don't want anyone telling you want to do with your life, you have no right saying somebody can't live because they may have brain damage, especially not knowing the extent or its affects.

Is it some PR? Yep. Is it also a way to test an experimental treatment that may save many more to come? Yep. So do you just want to be unhappy with everything?

This kid could have all sorts of problems growing up, but, he might enjoy his life and be happy. Many people with disabilities grow stronger than any of you because of their will to overcome problems instead of just crying about a baby having another chance at surviving. This forum base is disgusting and pitiful.
    Problems growing up? The kid isn't going to grow up. What he'd be coming to the US for is something that might give him a couple more months to live, not a life.

And it's not may have brain damage, he has severe brain damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    So, what now? Will the US will grant citizenship to every unsaveable baby? Because that's what some people will be demanding. This could take the idea of 'anchor babies' to a whole new level.

They should have just let the kid die.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-07-19 at 12:19 PM.

May have brain damage?
    Not knowing the extend or affects?

He cant hear, see, move, breath or make a sound.
    There is no 'may' involved here and the effects are very much known.

Personally, I don't much care what the parents do with their kid. They should be able to try and save his life, so long as they do not harm the child.

I do enjoy the irony of a Republican trying to circumvent the immigration process in order to get more people into the country. I guess if they can speed it up for one person, they should speed it up for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    and very much literally torture a child in the process.
    I've gone through two procedures that are "literally torture." Worth it.

ITT: people who aren't british and don't know anything about this story.

1) Dr Michio Hirano, the US Dr who claims he can 'treat' (HINT: NOT CURE) Charlie, wants $2 million for an untested, experimental drug (hasn't even been experimented in animals). All this 'treatment' would do is limit the pain Charlie feels on a daily basis: it does nothing to solve the brain damage, deafness, blindness, complete lack of motor skills, lack of growth, the terminal condition of Charlie.

2) Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) is one of the best hospitals in the world, with world-leading innovation and research, on par and ahead of US hospitals. The family currently pay £0 to keep Charlie on life support while costing the NHS tens of thousands of pounds per hour. The average GOSH nurse makes £36000 a year (better compared to typical nurse salaries of £24000). GOSH Doctors met with Michio Hirano, giving him full access to the child, and still declare there is no chance of improved life from any method possible.

3) EU/British law dictates that a child's right supersedes those of the parents in terms of well-being and safety. In this circumstance, where the child has no means to make a decision, that decision is passed to medical staff due to rationality (evidently, Charlie's parents are not being rational).

this is a waste of the time. the child has zero life expectancy, let the poor kid die in peace. people are just using this story for PR and to line their own pockets. you want to talk about disgusting? the US, the Pope, the POTUS, are disgusting individuals in this story.
    Last edited by Floopa; 2017-07-19 at 12:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've gone through two procedures that are "literally torture." Worth it.
    And yet I dont thik you are a young child, or have the same condition. I also do not know what condition you had or chances of actually having a meaningful recovery.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Charlie Gard granted US citizenship by Congress 'to fly to America for treatment'

Charlie Gard has reportedly been granted US citizenship so he can travel to America to receive experimental treatment.

The decision by US Congress to give the 11-month-old citizenship may oblige Great Ormond Street Hospital to release the sick baby so he can receive nucleoside therapy, according to MailOnline.

Charlie, who has a rare genetic disease, is being kept on life support at the children's hospital as a court battle takes place between his parents, who want to give him the treatment, and doctors, who say it is unlikely to work and it is kinder for life support to be switched off.

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/he...-a7848391.html

Just ... wow!?
    Well waddya know, the greedy and moneydriven doctors of the US want to experiment on a near dead child so they can have a few million. How nice of them. They really wanted some kid to experiment on. And the money. They'll be experimenting on a vegetable to their hearts content.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Problems growing up? The kid isn't going to grow up. What he'd be coming to the US for is something that might give him a couple more months to live, not a life.

And it's not may have brain damage, he has severe brain damage.
    Not a single article I've ready says he has severe brain damage. He doesn't have full functionality of his body because his cells aren't reproducing.

It doesn't even say the child will be in pain or best chance he can only live a few month. Not one article quotes a doctor saying that this is the case. Unless I've missed something completely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    May have brain damage?
    Not knowing the extend or affects?

He cant hear, see, move, breath or make a sound.
    There is no 'may' involved here and the effects are very much known.
    See above response.

"Charlie, who was born on 4 August 2016, has a faulty RRM2B gene, which affects the cells responsible for energy production and respiration, leaving him unable to move or breath without a ventilator."

Not brain damage.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    So you gonna be productive or keep acting up?
    Do you even have a point? I am totally on subject here. It is people like you that are just obsessed with people like me that cannot let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    YAWN! You still have no clue what you are commenting on.
    Even if you're right, shoot a lot higher percentage than you. All you do is talk shit.

"Charlie, who was born on 4 August 2016, has a faulty RRM2B gene, which affects the cells responsible for energy production and respiration, leaving him unable to move or breath without a ventilator."

Not brain damage.
    "September 2016: Charlie was taken ill and diagnosed with a rare genetic condition at Great Ormond Street Hospital. The condition causes progressive muscle weakness and brain damage."
    "Mitochondrial DNA depletion syndrome (MDS) refers to a group of disorders that cause affected tissues to suffer from a significant drop in mitochondrial DNA.

The DNA is found in the mitochondria of cells – an organelle found in most cells in which respiration and energy production occur.

This means, as in Charlie’s case, that sufferers do not get energy to their muscles, kidneys and brain.

MDS is typically fatal in infancy and early childhood."
    Last edited by Quibble; 2017-07-19 at 12:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Not brain damage.
    http://www.gosh.nhs.uk/frequently-as...ard-court-case

Not brain damage.
    http://www.gosh.nhs.uk/frequently-as...ard-court-case

you are a fool, stop talking. you know nothing about this case.
    There is no cure for Charlie’s condition which is terminal. GOSH explored various treatment options, including nucleoside therapy, the experimental treatment that one hospital in the US has agreed to offer now that the parents have the funds to cover the cost of such treatment. GOSH concluded that the experimental treatment, which is not designed to be curative, would not improve Charlie’s quality of life.
    it's over. the child should be left to die peacefully. the story makes me angry because everyone is politicking over this when you don't know anything about the story.