Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafalga View Post
    i know what you mean Archi but what i meant by underwhelming was the bonuses as a whole. T20 currently with the helm synergies perfectly as a whole. When i look at this however all i see is some increased damage for tactician fishing phase and a crit dmg buff. It reads more like a patch note rather then a set bonus.
    The number might need tuning, I haven't gotten that far yet, but again, it's not much different from the Fury 4p bonus - every time you use MS, you get an empowerment. +15% damage every 6s or less is no bad thing, and if it crits, that's even better when the 2p is involved.

If you mean Arms T20, the helm is also severely overpowered because of it. Truthfully, Arms has too much synergy to begin with, which is one of the reasons it's been so poorly balanced.

is it gonna compensate the loss of T20 though? Talking about Arms ofc. I know it just came out and there is still tunning to done but I have very little faith in Blizz when it comes to fix shit when its relevant.

Deleted
    Can we expect the Fury 2p to stack for the time it inevitably overlaps?

Maybe best to run analysis when the raid is actually coming out No? The original t20 is almost nothing like what it ended up for a lot of specs.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    I really don't think this will change mastery at all if the 2pc remains at it is with how often shield block would be up.
    Mastery increases Attack Power by a %. So the 4-set becomes stronger?

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Maybe best to run analysis when the raid is actually coming out No? The original t20 is almost nothing like what it ended up for a lot of specs.
    I personally quite like a running commentary on things like this; things change a lot and that's mentioned whenever Archi makes an estimated post along these lines.

Bonuses look nifty; personally I hope the arms 4pc tuning is high enough to where you are incentivized to hit slam after 3 stacks in execute phase. Would be pretty disappointed if that falls flat.

As for Fury, I get the 30s duration to prevent too much burst but that number seems so conservative. Rolling 30s dot.... eh. Would prefer that reduced to something like 20s even if it means reducing the power of whatever value they attach to the 4pc. I almost feel like having a shorter duration dot, i.e. 15-20s and keeping the 4pc multiplier lower would mean better sustain for the spec.

The spec is already so dependent on BC windows (and has poor sustain) that I'd hate to have it balanced entirely around a massive 4pc multiplier.
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2017-07-19 at 04:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't speak much about Arms, design wise it looks like a step down from the T20 bonus. Numbers wise I'm confident it'll be a DPS increase.

Fury bonus looks cool, looks like the two piece would be really nice on council fights, or even fights with long uptimes on multiple targets. I like the four piece too but it'll be interesting to see with the loss of CoF. Kind of worried about how both of them would be during Execute phase though, I really wish they would make Massacre passive with the release of these sets. It would make it work a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiowas View Post
    Can we expect the Fury 2p to stack for the time it inevitably overlaps?
    It ignites (like Trauma), so yes, the damage is designed to rollover.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phototropic View Post
    I personally quite like a running commentary on things like this; things change a lot and that's mentioned whenever Archi makes an estimated post along these lines.
    Things also tend to change a lot when I make estimations and commentary (*cough*MassacreRing). Better to do it early and allow people to formulate opinions, rather than wait until it's too late to make changes.

It may be possible, (wishful thinking really), but convincing devs to make Massacre baseline at this point might actually be a much better way to make the 4pc bonus relevant.

Let's not forget that this set bonus literally just buffs Rampage. Rampage isn't used inside execute phase, unless you have Massacre. Other than allowing for free Rampages inside execute phase through the set bonus(which Massacre already does), there isn't a whole lot much they can do with that 4pc bonus, unless ofc they nerf Legendary Legs so that the ring becomes better, but I doubt that will happen.

I hope they reduce the dot duration for 2pc though. If you're using Massacre or Ring, you'll lose some of the damage at some point, but if not then it'll probably still work. It just won't work very well on adds if they die before the dot runs out. 15s would be more appropriate, although I prefer 10 as it's insanely easy with a reasonable amount of gear to rampage every 10s.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaljurei View Post
    It may be possible, (wishful thinking really), but convincing devs to make Massacre baseline at this point might actually be a much better way to make the 4pc bonus relevant.

Let's not forget that this set bonus literally just buffs Rampage. Rampage isn't used inside execute phase, unless you have Massacre. Other than allowing for free Rampages inside execute phase through the set bonus(which Massacre already does), there isn't a whole lot much they can do with that 4pc bonus, unless ofc they nerf Legendary Legs so that the ring becomes better, but I doubt that will happen.

I hope they reduce the dot duration for 2pc though. If you're using Massacre or Ring, you'll lose some of the damage at some point, but if not then it'll probably still work. It just won't work very well on adds if they die before the dot runs out. 15s would be more appropriate, although I prefer 10 as it's insanely easy with a reasonable amount of gear to rampage every 10s.
    As I said above, the 2p ignites, so it really doesn't matter if you use Rampage again during the debuff. That said, I would prefer a shorter duration as well, since its too long to be very effective in shorter combats such as dungeons (kind of a recurring theme for Fury at this point though - guess that's our "class fantasy").

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It ignites (like Trauma), so yes, the damage is designed to rollover.

- - - Updated - - -

Things also tend to change a lot when I make estimations and commentary (*cough*MassacreRing). Better to do it early and allow people to formulate opinions, rather than wait until it's too late to make changes.
    lol makes no difference to me; as you might know from Disco, I'm an arms fotm reroll

2pc bonus got changed from Rampage dot over 30s to over 4s. That's much better. Here's to hoping to a rework of the 4pc to somehow benefit execute phase without Massacre.

I'd rather they just outright fix the execute phase without Massacre rather than stick on a set bonus. But I'll take either or I guess. Fury is already so dependent on Battle Cry damage that I hope the 4 piece is reworked.

Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    I'd rather they just outright fix the execute phase without Massacre rather than stick on a set bonus. But I'll take either or I guess. Fury is already so dependent on Battle Cry damage that I hope the 4 piece is reworked.
    tfw still going to be farming nighthold for a 950 convergence even in antorus :thinking:

I was thinking about something to make CoS not relevant anymore for fury T21.

What about something that gives you a stack everytime you enrage, and when you trigger BC, it consume those stack and increase the damage of the next Rampage?

Quote Originally Posted by Arxis1 View Post
    I was thinking about something to make CoS not relevant anymore for fury T21.

What about something that gives you a stack everytime you enrage, and when you trigger BC, it consume those stack and increase the damage of the next Rampage?
    CoF is being nerfed next tier regardless. I wouldn't worry about it.

The problem with your suggestion is that it's far too prone to manipulation. While that sounds fun in theory, it's much more of a headache in practice.

A few updates -

• Fury 2p fixed (was 17%, now 30%)
    • Fury 4p tooltip "fixed" (says 150%, actually 250%)
    • Arms 2p still bugged (Warbreaker still doesn't trigger)
    • Arms 4p new bug (buff works now, but only increases damage by 0.02% per stack).

The Warrior T21 has a name now as well - Juggernaut. Let's hope it works out better than its namesake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    A few updates -
    [*]Fury 4p tooltip "fixed" (says 150%, actually 250%)

Is this additive or multiplicative?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiowas View Post
    Is this additive or multiplicative?
    Doesn't matter. It says "damage increased by..." so if it's 150% (as tooltip says) then it hits for 2.5 times the normal damage, if it's 250% as Archi says then it hits for 3.5 times the normal damage.

This is nuts for aoe/m+, I'm really looking forward to it !