Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Neither do I. I am convinced I will be killed by the time I am 42, either by a crazy woman, or a poster on this board.
    Or... both!

Is this a vanilla servers thread in disguise?

Jokes aside, it's not the age that matters, but how healthy you are when you get there.

Some people have more pains and diseases in their 30s than a 90 year old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Or... both!
    0-0 the greatest plot twist of all time!

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Is it wrong that I don't want to live past 60 years old? I don't want to get to the point where my body starts breaking down and I feel useless. I don't really see what is so great about living to be 90 and watch everybody I ever knew dying on me.
    Yes, this is wrong, and a sign of mental illness. You should consider getting help. Take control of your life, stay in shape and you'll be fine. I know plenty of people in their 60s who are in better shape than people in their 30s and 40s.

If you need someone to explain to you why living longer is good, you are suffering from mental illness or trolling.

Dude! I am 57 and in better shape than most 20 year olds. I still ride my skateboard and game. In WoW I am one of the best Monks and Priest on the sever. As a great skateboarder said "you don't get too old to skate, you get old because you stop skating" Same with other things as well.
    Last edited by Hamacus; 2017-07-19 at 01:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamacus View Post
    Dude! I am 57 and in better shape than most 20 year olds. I still ride my skateboard and and game. In WoW I am one of the best Monks and Priest on the sever. As a great skateboarder said "you don't get too old to skate, you get old because you stop skating" Same with other things as well.
    One of those is not physical shape :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Yes, this is wrong, and a sign of mental illness. You should consider getting help. Take control of your life, stay in shape and you'll be fine. I know plenty of people in their 60s who are in better shape than people in their 30s and 40s.

If you need someone to explain to you why living longer is good, you are suffering from mental illness or trolling.
    Exercise and taking control of your life are good if you're generally in good health anyway, does nothing for those of us that already have issues that we can't escape on a treadmill.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Depending on lifestyle and luck you could be independant even into your 80s. My two surviving grandparents (one on each side) have had no pressing health issues for years.

EDIT: Meanwhile, my Dad got his first bout of cancer at 47. At least he beat it though.
    Hell my great grandma smoked since she was 14 and ate more meat than most. Women lived to 95 independent with the exception of yardwork which I did for her. Meanwhile my mothers uncle died at 40 of a heart attack while shoveling. The human body is chaotic. Glad your dad made it.

One of those is not physical shape :P
    They go together...believe me. Mind and body. Also been in to martial arts for 45 years so believe me... or not your prerogative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamacus View Post
    They go together...believe me. Mind and body. Also been in to martial arts for 45 years so believe me... or not your prerogative.
    Mental health is also good to have, just wanted to make that lil joke :P

What's the point of children if not to have they wipe your ass when you're 85 years old?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Great news, everyone!
    if you don't want to live past a certain age - you don't have to!
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Great news, everyone!
    if you don't want to live past a certain age - you don't have to!
    Sonic and lolis are awaiting on the other side. The memes say so.

Is it wrong that I don't want to live past 60 years old? I don't want to get to the point where my body starts breaking down and I feel useless. I don't really see what is so great about living to be 90 and watch everybody I ever knew dying on me.
    I met a man who was climbing mountains (like, significant mountains, like Denali) well into his 90s. He had a Denali climb planned for his 100th birthday.

Your quality of life late in life depends a lot on how well you treat your body now.

Mental health is also good to have, just wanted to make that lil joke :P
    Gotcha Grey. All good

10+ Year Old Account
    If you were 60 today, then yea I can see why you wouldn't want to be 60. But if you're 60 within the next 20-30 years, it maybe a totally different situation.

Once you get to 59 (or probably earlier), you'll change your mind.

I thought 40 would be over the hill for me. But...I'm 52 and in better physical and mental shape (I think) than I ever have been.
    An acquaintance of mine has a father that's in his 70s and he's doing all sorts of stuff. He says he'll worry about slowing down "maybe" in another 20 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good news!
    That's a choice you can make

7+ Year Old Account
    I think you should ask your family, when you are at that age if they want to see you die. After you die, you won't care but the ones who are left behind do. Thinking about how you should die at your current age(which i am sure its young) is a waste of time.

In terms of age, 60 is not a bad age. My parents are 75 and don't do anything different from when they were younger. Have you looked more into your genes? Did you grandparents have any kind of illness at their old age and at what age? If they did you might have too, but health doesn't start to go south untill 85+ unless you treated your body like garbage or had a specific illness that made your body deteriorate sooner.
    Last edited by Allenseiei; 2017-07-19 at 02:46 PM.