Poll: Are you still doing all Artifact Power WQs?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    And they will very likely increase AK, so it's going to be like 7.2. It's a little headstart, but a few month later you get more AP just from a single WQ.
    Atm AK is earned every 7 days on the ptr. On live its 5, so its slower. Also you will be much farther behind by waiting. Just doing the WQs with a higher AK will not catch you up to where you should be by magic. Better off doing them still and being able to buy more relic traits at launch rather than waiting (lol) and being behind your raid team that keeps up with it.

Unless youre a casual then who cares about what you do with your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy4269 View Post
    Nope. My main is a BM hunter, and i'm at 60 traits in BM, 54 in MM, and 52 in SV.
    I also have every single BM legendary and every MM legendary (except the new cape). I don't have any of the spec-specific SV ones because I have no intentions of every playing melee.

My warlock is 54 Affliction, 52 Destro, 52 Demo. I only do the Emissary WQ on this toon.

The thing I hated about legion was the constant grind, and that if you took time off you would fall behind. I used to do every single AP WQ every day, and I also would do LFR/Normal/Heroic Emerald Nightmare, ToV, and Nighthold every week for chances at legendaries. Doing the same raid 3 raids 3 times a week on different difficulties (4 if you count mythic nighthold), really burns you out.

I like where I'm at now, I log in for raid night 3x a week for mythic progression, do my m+ 15 for the week and casually play alts, which is how I like to play this game. I don't want to be on 24/7 running the same things over and over again hoping for good RNG.
    Thanks for the input. I definitely feel you on those points. If there was anything you would change about the system, what would it be? If there isn't then you are ok with how it works now and would be ok with a similar system in the next expansion?

I said, No. I log on for raid 3x. And if I'm feeling it, I will catch up with the 3 emissaries I likely have available. I'll also try to knock out any Broken Shore quests to get the chests. Then if I'm still feeling it, I'll continue and get all the gold and AP reward WQs. I think I've only cleared that maybe twice in the last month or so? I have 60 pts in MM weap and have no desire to do any other spec. And I have all the MM legendaries except the new cape so even doing emissaries is becoming not as much of a priority besides potential gold.
    Git Er Raid
    GM and RL for life

WQs and artifact power are both obsolete.

Nope, I will catch one here and there, but overall I pass them by.

If my character is under 10K order hall resources, I'll do those first.
    - Over 10K, I'll go to any trade item quests first.
    - Any Gears upgrades
    - After that PvP quests.
    - Gold Quests.
    - AK quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaku View Post
    "Still?" was in reference to people doing it to at least get the 52 traits for concordance or people who were still doing it out of habit before the "reward" was nerfed.
    Getting 52 traits in one weapon on a new alt is really easy. Just do 4/4 WQs for emissaries and quests in Suramar.

I recently levelled my shaman to 110 and had to do all of that, it literally took me couple of days to get 52 traits in my elem artefact. People who have to farm all AP WQs to at least get concordance are doing something wrong.

I'm not a progression raider, so there's no point in doing too much after hitting 110 that won't come naturally.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

When I came back halfway through 7.2, I ignored them. And with all 3 of my artifacts at 52 traits, I'm ignoring world quests in general, outside of emissary caches.

I clear the map of WQ every day on my main, i make 150G 100OR and chance at 5Mil AP token that can double roll to 10Mil per WQ i complete.

Still? I've never done this once the entire expac. Just the daily emissary. No wonder some people get burnt out quick.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Atm AK is earned every 7 days on the ptr. On live its 5, so its slower. Also you will be much farther behind by waiting. Just doing the WQs with a higher AK will not catch you up to where you should be by magic. Better off doing them still and being able to buy more relic traits at launch rather than waiting (lol) and being behind your raid team that keeps up with it.

Unless youre a casual then who cares about what you do with your time.
    It's still irrelevant. Even if the numbers on the PTR are final and we see an increase by 30% every 7 days, that means before argus comes you are gaining AP at a rate of 14x after 10 weeks. You should be through with ToS progression when 7.3 hits of course, unless you are some casual but who cares about them.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    As long as I am not 52 on all weapons I do them.

Also depends on the type of quest and amount of AP.

8 characters in varying stages of 110, with 3 being relatively "new" , still 4 more alts to come after that at some point before 8.0.

Just got 10000 WQ today, but haven't farmed AP for months.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-07-19 at 05:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do more WQs than I'm willing to admit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never did them all.

I never did all of the AP WQ, that's lunacy, there are always better things to do. For the most part I've been doing only emissary quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Nah, after I unlocked concordance I stopped actively chasing it, however when doing emissary quests I do tend to go for the AP over the other rewards.
    That is pretty much how I have done it. Once you get concordance unlocked each step up starts costing so much it just is not really worth it chasing those and burning out doing wq.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    It's still irrelevant. Even if the numbers on the PTR are final and we see an increase by 30% every 7 days, that means before argus comes you are gaining AP at a rate of 14x after 10 weeks. You should be through with ToS progression when 7.3 hits of course, unless you are some casual but who cares about them.
    RIGHT? Cept you will still be behind unlocking what others got on day 1. Guilds with players who have higher AP with the start of Argus will/should progress farther easier due to more relic upgrades/unlocks. I prefer to knock shit out early so I spend less time waiting in the future. What else is there to do really besides progression which is nearly complete, sales runs, rated pvp, and dull mythic plus? its up to each person what they spend their time doing. Although telling someone whats worth doing should always be taken with a fuck-ton of bias since in the end its all personal opinion to be honest.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    RIGHT? Cept you will still be behind unlocking what others got on day 1. Guilds with players who have higher AP with the start of Argus will/should progress farther easier due to more relic upgrades/unlocks. I prefer to knock shit out early so I spend less time waiting in the future. What else is there to do really besides progression which is nearly complete, sales runs, rated pvp, and dull mythic plus? its up to each person what they spend their time doing. Although telling someone whats worth doing should always be taken with a fuck-ton of bias since in the end its all personal opinion to be honest.
    No one will be behind, just like people that started in 7.2 are not behind people that played since 7.0. AK system is exponential, so every new AK levels serve as soft reset. Also, 7.3 will drop in the middle of tier, so it will be plenty of time to prepare for 7.3.5. and new raid tier.

Definitely not. I dont even do emissary cache anymore. I use bloods to buy order hall resources to run missions for raid cache and thats about it.. AP i just get from raids and the 2-3 dungeons i run per week. Im at concordance 5 or 6 and can't be bothered anymore.

Why would anyone?