Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    If only these were datamined files and perhaps not the final versions.
    They're voice files, they're not placeholder or changing again lmfao. That excuse doesn't work with voice lines.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    You gotta remember: this is Blizzard. The same Blizzard that when asked to "make someone frightening or even the embodiment of terror itself" in three different universes they always came up with "Grr, I'm so angry and big and you will fear my saturday morning villain voice! Be afraid for I am so powerful!"

Every. Fucking. Time.
    He's not wrong.

Oh good so I'm not the only one who was a little turned off by the audio. I'm already tired of "BLAAAH DEATHHHHH", now the legendary titans are victim to it? Too bad
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Oh good so I'm not the only one who was a little turned off by the audio. I'm already tired of "BLAAAH DEATHHHHH", now the legendary titans are victim to it? Too bad
    I fully expect sarg to fall to his knees and pull a NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO scene.

Blizzard writers have lost it.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I fully expect sarg to fall to his knees and pull a NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO scene.

Blizzard writers have lost it.
    Have lost what?

They've never been good. One of their best characters is LITERALLY Anakin. That says a lot about their writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    what?
    the only titan that's screaming "DEATH PAIN! BRUAUAUAUA!" is argus who's been getting tortured since the corruption of the eredar.

sargeras doesnt sound like that at all.

the only titan so far that actually sounds like some random brainless npc that ignores any of his brain cells is aggramar.

and he got brainwashed and corrupted to become sargeras' puppet.
    I agree with you, Sargeras doesn't sound as dumb as Aggramar, but he still sounds like every other vilain in the WoW universe, and yet he's supposed to be the one who started all that shit...Thing is, the underlings are far more "complex" in their rethoric to do bad things, that Idk, I was expecting a personality more charismatic, with maybe just a better way of expressing his thoughts, he doesn't need to sound like a lorewalker, but atleast like someone who's actually been leading a crusade with tactical warfare and worlds conquests and whatnot.

I'm not here to bash blizzard, I love the game, I love the lore, I've been following the evolution of the story since I played the Scourge of Lordaeron Campaign when I was a kid, but I felt left down, I mean even Kel'thuzad back then sounded more deep than that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sberdila View Post
    Hey,

I'm not an alt, i'm just a long time lurker, and I've never really posted or replied that much, so i'm not trolling.

I listened to the recent VO datamined from the latest PTR build, and it seriously made me lose any hype I had about 20 years of Sargeras/Burning Legion/Titans hype.
    15 years is the best you can get to be hyped about the burning legion story.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    15 years is the best you can get to be hyped about the burning legion story.
    It was an exaggeration to put the contrast on the fact that we've waited very long, I'm sorry if it was misleading

Correct me if I am wrong, since I didn't play WC1 or 2, but the whole Legion and shaping of Azeroth thing sounds like it was something put in WC3. Both the Titans in WC and Xel'Naga in SC never had much character/race development at all because they are just filling the creator role for the races of conflict. Neltharion/Deathwing had far more personality built from WC2 into WoW (although ultimately destroyed by Cataclysm story writing).

I always felt the Dragons had the best development (not much, but wow never really had a lot of race development), but honestly I don't really feel any attachment towards the titan that makes me think they are ruining their characters because they had very little, if any, to begin with.

Deleted
    Since this is already a spoilers galore thread, Sargeras is pretty much the one live and well Titans. All the others are either imprisioned and tortured (Argus), a puppet version of his former self (Aggramar) and dead AND tortured (the rest of the Pantheon).

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with you, Sargeras doesn't sound as dumb as Aggramar, but he still sounds like every other vilain in the WoW universe, and yet he's supposed to be the one who started all that shit...Thing is, the underlings are far more "complex" in their rethoric to do bad things, that Idk, I was expecting a personality more charismatic, with maybe just a better way of expressing his thoughts, he doesn't need to sound like a lorewalker, but atleast like someone who's actually been leading a crusade with tactical warfare and worlds conquests and whatnot.
    Sargeras was never a charismatic character, he was always a "smash demons" type of personality. Even when he formed the Burning Legion, he used the "smash demons" attitude to force them to "smash void".

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Since this is already a spoilers galore thread, Sargeras is pretty much the one live and well Titans. All the others are either imprisioned and tortured (Argus), a puppet version of his former self (Aggramar) and dead AND tortured (the rest of the Pantheon).

- - - Updated - - -

Sargeras was never a charismatic character, he was always a "smash demons" type of personality. Even when he formed the Burning Legion, he used the "smash demons" attitude to force them to "smash void".
    Yes, but it's still someone who was able to defeat most of the Titans (which If there is a Mimiron, there should be a "smart" one at least that could not be easily taken out), and not conquer, but seduce/convince the Eredar, which are not really the type of race that would adopt the SMASH things doctrine, but I guess I just overhyped for myself a non-existent machiavelic part of him.

OR

The titans are just another race, with their race related weaknesses and not really the shapers of worlds in a deity kind of way but just powerful enough to alter life at will.

Deleted
    Yes, but it's still someone who was able to defeat most of the Titans (which If there is a Mimiron, there should be a "smart" one at least that could not be easily taken out), and not conquer, but seduce/convince the Eredar, which are not really the type of race that would adopt the SMASH things doctrine, but I guess I just overhyped for myself a non-existent machiavelic part of him.
    He killed the Titans on a fel-powered brawl, just because the Pantheon refused his words. And the Eredar weren't that hard to convince, Archimonde was already a power-hungry leader and Kil'jaeden saw Sargeras' power and became afraid of what happened if he refused.

Sargeras was just a fel-corrupted Titan warrior that wanted an army to stop the Void.

The titans are just another race, with their race related weaknesses and not really the shapers of worlds in a deity kind of way but just powerful enough to alter life at will.
    That's exactly what they are. Living planets that florish live on other unborn Titans.

They are WoW's Greek Gods, Pantheon and all.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-07-19 at 08:24 PM.

I dunno what game people have been playing that they expected sargeras to be something other than another moustache-twirling big bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    These are the same writers who said the old "one-shot wonder" gods would make sargeras beg for death

lollore

- - - Updated - - -

Ra-den >>>> Sargeras

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gU6_5OIk60
    lul that you think a titan watcher is greater than Sargeras

git gud at lore

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Have lost what?

They've never been good. One of their best characters is LITERALLY Anakin. That says a lot about their writing.
    ... Did you just say a character was "literally Anakin"? (assuming you're referring to Arthas) You do know that "good guy has to do morally dubious thing that makes him question his own beliefs, ended up corrupted in the end" is a literary trope that's been around for like, centuries right?

OT: What did you personally expect him to sound like? He's giant flaming hell god that commands a literal army of demons.

Were you expecting more of a Hugh Grant quality, or what?
    Last edited by Phookah; 2017-07-19 at 08:37 PM.

Sorry OP but are you drunk?

Sargeras PRE-MADNESS was just a Titanic BONOBOS that swang his sword vs DEMONS

Sargeras AFTER-MADNESS is still the same.

No cunning/decieving like any Eredars/Nathrezin.

He isnt a GOD he is a "mortal" begin, maybe CELESTIAL or VOID LORD have more emh...charisma?

- - - Updated - - -

Also SARGERAS is a VANIR not an AESIR, so he is a low-key Titan, not smarter but just "ME BAM BAM THINGS" like.

Aman'Thul is the "smart" one.

Yeah, I guess I over-interpreted what Sargeras and the Pantheon might be like

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Great expectations lead to greater disappointments.

I think Sargeras sounds fine. Argus sounds brainless, but I'm pretty sure that's by design. After all, Argus is missing the top of his head. How intelligent could he be?

What did you expect? Some giant monologue that basically narrates Chronicle and explains his origins, motives, and provides another dimension of his character? Come on, dude. This is World of Warcraft.

I really wish people would stop looking at datamined information, getting triggered, and assuming that's all there is to it. You're seeing/hearing an unfinished part of the game (no shit, I know the voice lines are complete), post click-bait threads, and then dramatically complain about it as if you've been waiting your whole life for this moment. And you pretend that's Blizzard's fault, sheesh.

There could be cinematics, encounters outside of the raid, etc. that we just simply don't know. Pump your brakes, dude, 7.3 is still a WIP.
    Thank you. I'm honestly worried for this forum that someone didn't say this in the first few posts of the first page.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    I can't have opinions contrary to yours?
    No, you can't present your dumb ideas as objective fact.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Also if you want some "lore" to guess which were Sargeras aim and motivation, there are some books (chronicles in primis)

I mean, WoW doesn't HAVE to ANSWER all our questions, I am quite sure that in this thread probably 1 person has actually read the in-game books that you can found everywhere, there are info even in there, but people are bored to death when comes reading.

Better a pew pew video tl;dr america fuck yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    No, you can't present your dumb ideas as objective fact.
    But you can?