Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    "No, World! You put your hands up!"

I'm glad to be living in a country where people are not allowed to walk around with firearms. The situation is bad enough in certain areas already...

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    When Autism meets the second amendment.

(Infracted)
    Statistically speaking, you'd be wrong.
    It's funny to think that most behaviours deemed as "autism" are normie behaviours by normies...

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I can barely understand being terrified of the scary inanimate object known as a gun, but I personally would feel much safer in a building full of people with guns than without.

Is anybody really going to pull stupid shit if there is the knowledge that they will be turned into swiss cheese if they do?

Gun Free zones are just shooting ranges for criminals and murderers, because they know nobody will fire back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    A picture shared last page shows a woman holding a gun like she's ready to use it. It's a pretty threatening way to carry it. If it wasn't an obvious group of gun douches and just her, I'd likely think she's about to start shooting some shit up.

- - - Updated - - -

They are but you're required to put a certain kind of notice in clear view of your entrances that are a certain size and have a certain picture. If it's not there, you can bring your gun in.
    That is a bad description as it varies so much by state.

In New Mexico any sign can be used even something as simple as the picture of a gun with a circle and slash.

In Texas there is a specific sign 30.06 for concealed carry and 30.07 for open carry that must be displayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    So let me see if I understand you correctly... you view people that open carry in what way? Would that opinion also extend to fellow MMOC posters?
    I would prefer to be helped by police than by someone who is insane enough to believe that he needs an assault rifle to the Wal-Mart...

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Well I figured it varied state by state, that's why I didn't put the details in but just said there's typically some kind of notice required.

Either way, I think open carry is stupid. If someone around you is trying to rob the place or some shit, guess who they're going to shoot first? Probably the guy with the gun.
    While I won't characterize open carry as stupid, I generally categorize it as unwise - at least at it pertains to handguns. In general the purpose of carrying a handgun is for defensive purposes. Open carry advertises the fact that you are armed which means that it significantly increases the odds that you are the first target if something happens around you. It also opens up the potential of snatch and grab of your weapon by an opportunistic thief unless you have a good retention device.

For rifles, it's too situation dependent to make a blanket statement but in general walking around a city with a rifle for any reason other than transporting it from place to place is asking for trouble even though it may be perfectly legal. A police officer shouldn't bother you, but if they want they can find any number of reasons to do so. Just like it's legal to walk by a police officer and say "F*** you" to him but it's probably not a great idea.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    I respect your opinion disagreeing with the Second Amendment, the problem lies in the lack of respect the other side has for it's supporters. If you feel it should be abolished work to do so. Don't try to end run the Constitution with unconstitutional laws and regulations and legislating from the bench of anti-gun judges.
    I am not american, i have no say in the laws that govern the united states. i just have opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    I would prefer to be helped by police than by someone who is insane enough to believe that he needs an assault rifle to the Wal-Mart...
    That make sense regardless of what that someone else is carrying. If I required help of the type that Police could/would provide I'd prefer to be helped by them than pretty much anyone else. But, if it's help that can be provided by anyone I wouldn't hesitate to ask it from someone carrying a rifle (the chances of an actual assault rifle being carrying by anyone is so low as to be 0) unless they were actually threatening someone with it.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    I mean, I can barely understand being terrified of the scary inanimate object known as a gun, but I personally would feel much safer in a building full of people with guns than without.

Is anybody really going to pull stupid shit if there is the knowledge that they will be turned into swiss cheese if they do?

Gun Free zones are just shooting ranges for criminals and murderers, because they know nobody will fire back.
    What you call ''gun free zones'' is what normal people call ''EVERY SINGLE PUBLIC PLACE''. I also love this delusion that hysterical people who would jump off a bridge if Alex Jones told them to would be able to stop ''a bad guyz'', especially as consider ''bad guyz'' people to the left of Gengis Khan, minorities, ''the gubinment'', anyone JEWSARECOMINGTOSTEALYOURGUNSANDTURNYOUGAY.COM order them to hate...

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    and others are completely obsolete (the 3rd one).
    I cite the Third Amendment all the time to remind my cousin, who is in the military, that he can't sleep at my house.

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    That make sense regardless of what that someone else is carrying. If I required help of the type that Police could/would provide I'd prefer to be helped by them than pretty much anyone else. But, if it's help that can be provided by anyone I wouldn't hesitate to ask it from someone carrying a rifle (the chances of an actual assault rifle being carrying by anyone is so low as to be 0) unless they were actually threatening someone with it.
    I know it's hard to fathom, but for normal people, a lunatic who is in a militia and walks away in military style gear while having been rejected from the National Guard,
    and who trains ''to uverthruw duh gubinment'' and who believe all the lies Alex Jones told to him and who packs an AK-47 to shoot ''bad guyz'' is not ''help''.

It's someone who might start shooting any moment now every second because his sites told him that antipsychotics are a jew plot, that there are sex tunnels below that tacos joint or because Jesus told him this morning to kill all women.

7+ Year Old Account
    What you call ''gun free zones'' is what normal people call ''EVERY SINGLE PUBLIC PLACE''. I also love this delusion that hysterical people who would jump off a bridge if Alex Jones told them to would be able to stop ''a bad guyz'', especially as consider ''bad guyz'' people to the left of Gengis Khan, minorities, ''the gubinment'', anyone JEWSARECOMINGTOSTEALYOURGUNSANDTURNYOUGAY.COM order them to hate...
    I mean, if it is normal to want to be shot up and be target practice, then I would much prefer to be not normal.

Irrational fear of guns is interesting. In the hands of a large majority of people, a gun would not harm a soul.

Yeah, it's just that it's all the gun-toting heroes who end up shooting people that voices in their heads told them were ''bad guyz''.

Stoopid libural betacucks schoolchildren that don't pack a Glock in their lunchboxes to shoot terrorists ! They presumably deserved to die.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, if it is normal to want to be shot up and be target practice, then I would much prefer to be not normal.

Irrational fear of guns is interesting. In the hands of a large majority of people, a gun would not harm a soul.
    Of course. Irrational hatred of people to the left of the Nazis, the government, any ethnic group beyond ''white'', women, liberals, other religions, modernity and above all modern medecine and anti-psychotic is, however, ''normal'' as long as you have a CSA flag and a gun.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's just that it's all the gun-toting heroes who end up shooting people that voices in their heads told them were ''bad guyz''.

Stoopid libural betacucks schoolchildren that don't pack a Glock in their lunchboxes to shoot terrorists ! They presumably deserved to die.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course. Irrational hatred of people to the left of the Nazis, the government, any ethnic group beyond ''white'', women, liberals, other religions, modernity and above all modern medecine and anti-psychotic is, however, ''normal'' as long as you have a CSA flag and a gun.
    What are you even ranting about?

I seriously wonder how people whose view of life are seen through the filter of Hollywood action movies can function in society.

You should also wear full body armor even with the guns they are still target practice for a sniper, forget that buy and drive a tank oh no not safe enough build an underground bunker and stay there so you can be 100% safe from the incoming apocalypse.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I seriously wonder how people whose view of life are seen through the filter of Hollywood action movies can function in society.
    It's not movie logic.

Would you personally try to steal something, or pull a gun when everybody else in a building has one?

Unless somebody is truly insane, the chances of them committing crime is much lower with that fear of everybody else having guns too.

The logic is not hard to follow.

What are you even ranting about?
    Well, I don't know, who is more afraid ?

Me, who like 99% of human beings, go to work without being afraid of being attacked by terrorists (which is really not such a feat when you live in countries that have not been ''freedomized, like Iraq) or someone who build a shack with one can of beans and dozens of guns because Niburu will destroy the earth ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    You should also wear full body armor even with the guns they are still target practice for a sniper, forget that buy and drive a tank oh no not safe enough build an underground bunker and stay there so you can be 100% safe from the incoming apocalypse.
    What are on earth are you going on about?

It's not movie logic.

Would you personally try to steal something, or pull a gun when everybody else in a building has one?

Unless somebody is truly insane, the chances of them committing crime is much lower with that fear of everybody else having guns too.

The logic is not hard to follow.
    No one in the entire world have this logic.