Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbo-scor...lth-care-bill/

CBO projects the latest GOP proposal will lead to 32 million more people losing healthcare over the next decade. How is it possible that with each iteration of their healthcare bill, it just gets worse and worse?

The Republicans should do like George Costanza in that one Seinfeld episode, and just do the complete opposite of everything their natural instinct tells them to do.
    Wow...so it's way worse than either prior House version or the prior Senate version.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Evidence #357 That Donnie is a gahdamn liar: Spoken today.

But on Monday:

TOLD
    YOU
    they would figure a way to get that 22 million number up to 30-40-50m people

- - - Updated - - -

wow just wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    What? Trump lied on the campaign trail? Tell me more! Is the pope a catholic? Does a bear shit in the woods?
    Off topic but related to bold: When I did hospice home health care, a patient, his wife and I were talking, the wife said "Does a bear shit in the woods?", I asked "Is the pope catholic?" the patient, who had taken medications recently that kinda messed with his thinking "Does the pope shit on catholics?"

*there was a pause*
    *the pause lengthens*
    Me "Yes. Yes he does."
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wow...so it's way worse than either prior House version or the prior Senate version.
    "Repeal only" repeals the Medicaid expansion initiative that was apart of the ACA's implementation. it's a fucking disaster.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2017-07-19 at 11:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    TOLD
    YOU
    they would figure a way to get that 22 million number up to 30-40-50m people

- - - Updated - - -

wow just wow

Oh yeah?

Well fake math is fake!

((The WH actually said the previous CBO involved fake math))

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    None of the bills so far does anything significant to lower costs and control increases. It's like they think sprinkling free market fairy dust over legislation will suddenly make a pill drop from $50 to $5 and never go back up.
    They don't think that at all. Well most of them don't think that anyways, some might. Anyways their goal isn't to actually do anything about the cost of health care, the goal is to cut taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    None of the bills so far does anything significant to lower costs and control increases. It's like they think sprinkling free market fairy dust over legislation will suddenly make a pill drop from $50 to $5 and never go back up.
    They don't care about that in the slightest. Their priorities are to 1) stick it to Obamacare because it's from Obama, for political points and 2) cut taxes.

10+ Year Old Account
    My sense is that Senate Republicans would really like for this whole thing to go away. They are at an impasse and there are no good options. The best option is to see whether or not they can do a deal with Democrats but that's not really good for them either. Their choices range all the way from primary opponents to tough elections next year if they can get through the primaries.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    My sense is that Senate Republicans would really like for this whole thing to go away. They are at an impasse and there are no good options. The best option is to see whether or not they can do a deal with Democrats but that's not really good for them either. Their choices range all the way from primary opponents to tough elections next year if they can get through the primaries.
    Aye, the sane thing to do from a political standpoint would be to bury it.

Trouble is, they've made this their raison d'etre for almost a decade now and one of the linchpins of their campaign.

Talk about digging a grave for yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Aye, the sane thing to do from a political standpoint would be to bury it.

Trouble is, they've made this their raison d'etre for almost a decade now and one of the linchpins of their campaign.

Talk about digging a grave for yourself.
    On top of that they never thought that Trump would actually win so their strategy during the campaign was to just continue on with it, most assuming they would have four more safe responsibility-free years to go after Clinton and the ACA. Now here they are.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Oh yeah?

Well fake math is fake!

((The WH actually said the previous CBO involved fake math))
    People will believe anything after all. Just like people believed there were 93 million people 'unemployed' in 2016.
    Spinsters at work.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    On top of that they never thought that Trump would actually win so their strategy during the campaign was to just continue on with it, most assuming they would have four more safe responsibility-free years to go after Clinton and the ACA. Now here they are.
    And if anyone wants proof, the WaPo put up a list of 54 times they voted to repeal or amend Obamacare when they knew Obama would shoot it down.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.6610d23d9294

Kek to the max.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    You keep referring to the GOP plan as "horseshit", but do you honestly know what it entailed? Not all of it was garbage. Being able to keep your doctors and plans is kind of a big deal. You don't seem to understand how compromise works.
    What part was it good? 'Keeping pre-existing condition is pointless if you undermine the entire god dam thing
    Cross state insurance? ACA has it already but insurance companies don't bother with it because to much effort
    Keeping you're doctor? Well millions of people would disagree since they will get kicked off

If you're argument is that it wasn't garbage please provide the part that was good because the CBO score speaks for itself, the fact that they couldn't pass their own bill in a proper fashion (both house and senate) speaks for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    It is amazing that Trump basically has a tweet in his past (sometimes future) where he contradicts or steps all over what he is saying now. People not "real" politicians for being hypocrites, the Trump is putting true politicians to shame on being two-faced.
    There actually is a subreddit about that, posting up something from 'past!Trump', like a tweet or on-record statement, almost every day that contradicts something 'present!Trump' says or does.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    There actually is a subreddit about that, posting up something from 'past!Trump', like a tweet or on-record statement, almost every day that contradicts something 'present!Trump' says or does.
    This one?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/TrumpCriticizesTrump/
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    Yes, that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    People will believe anything after all. Just like people believed there were 93 million people 'unemployed' in 2016.
    Spinsters at work.
    And I bet 99% of the people that believe that shit are Trump supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    And I bet 99% of the people that believe that shit are Trump supporters.
    Couldn't the same be said about the 'fake math facts' for anti-Trumpers? Sadly, people can't see the forest because of the trees.
    Have a wonderful day everyone.

Moron Trump again exposes himself as been totally clueless on healthcare.

In an interview to the NYT, his discussion of healthcare was completely unintelligible and bonkers. He just idiotically make shit up.
    Trump doesn’t seem to know what health insurance is

Health care policy is very complicated, but most Americans have at least some passing familiarity with how health insurance works because most of us have health insurance.

Trump himself, meanwhile, has spent years as a top executive at a business that provides health insurance to its employees. So you would think that even if he were completely ignorant of every single topic of public policy, he would at least be aware that to provide a person with health insurance is expensive. It is, after all, an expense that his businesses incur:

BAKER: He [Obama] lost that election [the 2010 midterms].

TRUMP: Nothing changes. Nothing changes. Once you get something for pre-existing conditions, etc., etc. Once you get something, it’s awfully tough to take it away.

HABERMAN: That’s been the thing for four years. When you win an entitlement, you can’t take it back.

TRUMP: But what it does, Maggie, it means it gets tougher and tougher. As they get something, it gets tougher. Because politically, you can’t give it away. So pre-existing conditions are a tough deal. Because you are basically saying from the moment the insurance, you’re 21 years old, you start working and you’re paying $12 a year for insurance, and by the time you’re 70, you get a nice plan. Here’s something where you walk up and say, “I want my insurance.” It’s a very tough deal, but it is something that we’re doing a good job of.

As Sarah Kliff notes, the idea that health insurance costs $12 a year is laughable.

For a sanity check, consider that if health insurance cost $12 a year, then for the government to provide insurance to all 330 million Americans would cost about $4 billion a year, or 0.22 percent of GDP. There would be nothing to argue about.

But even more remarkably, Trump doesn’t even seem to know what health insurance is. The idea of paying a small annual premium up until a given age, at which point you have the insurance policy free and clear, roughly corresponds to how a limited payment life insurance plan works. These plans are useful tax avoidance devices for extremely wealthy individuals, which is perhaps why Trump has them at top of mind, but it has nothing to do with health insurance.

Source: https://www.vox.com/2017/7/20/160032...view-ignorance
    WTF is he trying to say?!
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2017-07-20 at 05:01 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Moron Trump again exposes himself as been totally clueless on healthcare.

In an interview to the NYT, his discussion of healthcare was completely unintelligible and bonkers. He just idiotically make shit up.

WTF is he trying to say?!

He doesn't know what health insurance is. It's more proof that trump is a liar and charlatan that got elected because people are gullible idiots.

Being wealthy and employed by daddy and then having his own team of accountants means he has never even had to consider what insurance actually is, and how one pays for it.

In short, trump, yet again, has no idea what he's talking about, and his supporters just gobble it up.