Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Trump: wouldn't have named Sessions attorney general if I'd known he'd recuse himself

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/19/trump...on-russia.html

In an interview with the New York Times, President Donald Trump said he wouldn't have appointed Jeff Sessions to be Attorney General if he had known Sessions would recuse himself from a the probe into Russian interference into the presidential election.

Trump said in the interview that Robert Mueller, the special counsel heading the Russia probe, would be crossing a red line if he expanded the investigation to look at Trump family finances beyond ties to Russia, the Times reported.

"I think that's a violation. Look, this is about Russia," Trump said, according to the report.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

But then he would have to go through the trouble of finding another lawyer who would lie to congress about secret meetings with Russian officials.

He really didn't pay attention to his history book. Particularly President Nixon's second term.

I like how he openly admits that he's scared of Mueller looking into his finances.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    He really didn't pay attention to his history book. Particularly President Nixon's second term.
    I still think he did, and he's currently engaged in a real world speedrun against Nixon's standing record.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I still think he did, and he's currently engaged in a real world speedrun against Nixon's standing record.
    Under budget and ahead of schedule!
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

It seems kind of like common sense right?

What is the news story here?

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post

It's not much of a story, we already knew he wanted a yes man to try and sweep the investigation under the rug. The recusal pretty much took the issue out of Trumps hands which makes him angry.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post

Its in the OP try reading it....

Trump admits he wanted a yes man lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    The President's demands for loyalty include falling on a legal sword for him if necessary. Soon enough, no one will want to work for him. It's very nearly like that now.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I think it's fair to say at this point that Trump is very much hiding something in his finances he doesn't want people to see.

And I'm willing to be Mueller just got a lot more interested in Trump's finances, assuming he wasn't already considering he hired prosecutors who handle money related crimes.

Will be fun to see what Trump does if Mueller keeps digging.

10+ Year Old Account
    It might have been wise to not have every cotton-picking member of the GOP meeting with Russians, ya know?

Might make that whole "picking someone who isn't compromised by scandal" thing a lot easier.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The President's demands for loyalty include falling on a legal sword for him if necessary. Soon enough, no one will want to work for him. It's very nearly like that now.
    Yeah, seems like it. People don't seem interested in the job once they realize they realize what it entails.

And yet he still wants Flynn back after he recused himself out of a job.

Trump said in the interview that Robert Mueller, the special counsel heading the Russia probe, would be crossing a red line if he expanded the investigation to look at Trump family finances beyond ties to Russia, the Times reported.

"I think that's a violation. Look, this is about Russia," Trump said, according to the report.
    LOLLLLLLLLLLL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    And yet he still wants Flynn back after he recused himself out of a job.
    LOLLLLLLLLLLL.
    DON'T LOOK OVER HERE, NOTHING TO SEEEEEEE!!!

a

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yeah, seems like it. People don't seem interested in the job once they realize they realize what it entails.
    I suppose working in a White House for relatively low pay and a relatively high chance of having to lawyer up with requisite legal fees just because you were in the building isn't exactly a perk.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Republican congress members have already said if he fired mueller they will re-instate him to investigate the same thing outside of Trump's direct influence. I mean Trump is stupid, but does he think he can fire himself out of this scandal? History will not judge him lightly and the whole truth will eventually come out. Most of the watergate info came out many years AFTER the Nixon resigned. I look forward to the day that every single person who thought Trump was an American Hero turns out to find out he was Russian traitor. Hopefully there will be time for reflection for all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by belleflop View Post
    I mean Trump is stupid, but does he think he can fire himself out of this scandal?
    He just told people in an interview that there's something illegal in his financials. I don't think there's a limit to his stupidity.

He's the guy that gets pulled over for drunk driving and goes, "I swear officer, I wasn't driving drunk! Don't look under the passenger seat, there's no beer there."

President Trump warned special counsel Robert Mueller from investigating his family’s finances beyond the scope of the probe into ties between his administration and Russia in an interview with The New York Times on Wednesday.

“I think that’s a violation. Look, this is about Russia,” Trump told The Times.

Trump during the interview said he wasn’t ruling out firing Mueller as special counsel on the Russia probe.

He did not say that he would order the Justice Department to fire Mueller or under what circumstances he would fire him, but he indicated Mueller investigating his family's finances would cross a line.

A spokesman for Mueller declined to comment.

Trump also noted he previously interviewed Mueller to replace Comey as FBI director shortly before he was named special counsel.

Trump also said Mueller’s office had several conflicts of interest, including Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein. Trump said Rosenstein was playing both sides in Trump’s decision to fire former FBI Director James Comey by recommending the firing but then appointing Mueller as special counsel.

“Well, that’s a conflict of interest,” Trump said. “Do you know how many conflicts of interests there are?”

Trump fired Comey as head of the FBI investigation into Russia's interference in the 2016 election, as well as alleged collusion between the Trump campaign and Moscow.

Reports emerged last month that Trump was considering firing Mueller, drawing criticism from both Democrat and Republican lawmakers. The White House pushed back against those reports, saying Trump had “no intention” of firing the special counsel.
    http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...inances-beyond

Between this and the whole Trump Jr. emails, I become more and more convinced that they're going to get taken down either for obstruction stemming from the Russian probe (even if they can't find concrete proof of them doing stuff beyond the email, they've done what they could to make it hard to investigate) or from some sort of money laundering/embezzlement/other money crime.

What is the premise of this thread? The OP didn't input anything into the discussion.
    Does this sound familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    What is the premise of this thread? The OP didn't input anything into the discussion.
    Does this sound familiar?
    Very!

Ahahahahahahahahaha!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.