Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I wish him well but I don't think people his age should be allowed to serve in public office. 65 is the federal retirement age for a reason.

Time for more funding to find a cure. If only we'd do this instead of funding studies to tell why birds in the amazon have different mating calls....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    John McCain, whatever his politics, is a man of some substance. If the GOP had more men like him it wouldn't be in the shit pile it's in today.

I actually recall thinking during his Presidential run that it was a shame he was running against Obama. He should've been up in a year when the GOP had a chance in hell of winning.

Oh and of course the party tacked Palin onto his campaign to appease the fruitcakes and shitheels. Sigh..
    I wasn't sure about voting for Obama until Sarah Palin was announced. That killed McCain's run for me.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I wish him well but I don't think people his age should be allowed to serve in public office. 65 is the federal retirement age for a reason.
    Amen to that. Atleast term limits.

15+ Year Old Account
    During the hearings: WOW HE'S A BLABBERING IDIOT DOES THIS GUY HAVE BRAIN CANCER? LOL!

After they found out he does: WOW THAT SUCKS I HOPE HE GETS BETTER!

Humans are funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    During the hearings: WOW HE'S A BLABBERING IDIOT DOES THIS GUY HAVE BRAIN CANCER? LOL!

After they found out he does: WOW THAT SUCKS I HOPE HE GETS BETTER!

Humans are funny.
    Maybe, and hold on to your hat because this might blow your mind, these aren't the same people?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Maybe, and hold on to your hat because this might blow your mind, these aren't the same people?
    Whatever you say. I'm even in here

http://www.mmo-champion.com/search.p...d=48821126&pp=

Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    It speaks volumes about Trump. Hillary weighed in too. https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/s...36701527355393

If there is anything that can be nonpartisan, it is when something like this happens to a colleague. Meanwhile, Trump is likely pouting over the lost healthcare vote.
    Says a lot about you when you hijack the thread to complain about Trump and then he does make a statement and you look even worse.

That aside I feel the same as almost everyone here, he doesn't deserve this and fuck cancer.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Maybe because one is a joke (in bad taste but still) and the other is facing an ACTUAL real situation. The people you are trying to shit on, you are actually showcasing that even the trolls have a good heart when shit actually gets real. How you even thought you had some sort of point here is beyond me.
    Good hearts wouldn't have talked about him like that in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a sad thing for sure, he was the last candidate I voted for that I actually believed in, and his office sure went to bat for me when I needed it years ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    Your first time on the internet? Or you just lonely looking for somebody to chat with?

OT: I hope McCain pulls through this though. As others have said, he is a man of principles and a good man at the core.
    Lel. We're all shitbags, you can stop pretending.

One of the last men of a great generation

10+ Year Old Account
    ok, quit the personal bickering

15+ Year Old Account
    You were the one pretending? Wut?
    I was? The thread i linked i even said i was in there.

Hopefully he beats cancer a second time.

I strongly oppose cancer. But I'll still vote for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Says a lot about you when you hijack the thread to complain about Trump and then he does make a statement and you look even worse.

That aside I feel the same as almost everyone here, he doesn't deserve this and fuck cancer.
    I'm sorry, I didn't realize Cindy and Meghan McCain were in this thread. Had I known, I would've tried harder to stay focused on only McCain and his situation. Yeah it took Trump (the guy who has cable news on in every room he is in) 3 hours to respond with a tweet of a WH press release that he didn't write. A paragon of class. Maybe I can see it when the standard you set for the supposed leader of the free world is to act like that of an anonymous poster in an internet forum.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    70 is the maximum age for normal Federal workers. Reason I know is, a person I know was forced to retire from a federal job at the age of 70, after serving for 51 years at the same place of employment. But in my opinion, all public servants should not be allowed to serve pass the age of 80. Inc. Presidents, Vice Presidents, Congress and the Supreme Court or any Federal judge position.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    70 is the maximum age for normal Federal workers. Reason I know is, a person I know was forced to retire from a federal job at the age of 70, after serving for 51 years at the same place of employment. But in my opinion, all public servants should not be allowed to serve pass the age of 80. Inc. Presidents, Vice Presidents, Congress and the Supreme Court or any Federal judge position.
    The issue I have with this is the same one I have with Congressional term limits. It reduces the right of the citizenry to choose who they would like to represent them.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    The issue I have with this is the same one I have with Congressional term limits. It reduces the right of the citizenry to choose who they would like to represent them.
    Good point. And I am not saying all who reach 80 are not fit for the office. But there does come a time when it is best to hang it up and move on.