Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    As do I. That's why I build my PCs myself with selected quality parts and almost-top-range hardware from the time*. None ever broke on me or left me waiting. (Well, my first really own PC, a Pentium 90, did back in the day, but as a pupil my budget was heavily restricted. Certainly nothing I would have been able to afford even the shoddiest Mac with back then )

*) I got my i7-4770K when the 5xxx range was out a few months. My GTX970 arrived after the 10xx series hit the market, and I got into SSDs only 1.5 years ago, when size/price ratios were acceptable to me. Doing this, and chosing wisely, enables me to get a really good rig set up at more than competetive prices. And because I know what I do, I can use the parts for long enough to make the lower re-sell value not really hurt that much. My replacement-cycle usually, bit for bit, jumps at least one, sometimes even up to 3 generations without any difficulties to run the latest software I need/want. I couldn't be more satisfied with the situation. Hardware-customizablility however plays a very big part in it.
    My comment about build quality and speed was more directed towards phones. I also needed a laptop instead of a pc.

The new iMac is actually decently priced. To build the same iMac with the same 5k screen would only save you a couple hundred bucks.

not gonna buy a waaaaay over priced toy phone.

It's worth whatever people are willing to pay for it. If people want to spend $1200, more power to them. I'm happy with my Droid.

The i in iphone stands for idiot. Like every person that buys their over priced inferior products.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    The i in iphone stands for idiot. Like every person that buys their over priced inferior products.
    "I disagree with someone's buying decision and have a different preference, so I am going to call them an idiot for spending their money on something they enjoy and according to their personal preference"?

That's not very nice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Think I'll stick to never buying anything Apple ever.