Poll: So, what do you think of them?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I hate it because it basically removed World PvP from the game. Rogues will just 1 shot entire groups with Fan of Knives and 100% crit legendary, Warlocks will have you 60% slowed with no way to remove it and make you want to die. It's just awful. I was in a majority Horde CRZ cluster, and it made it impossible to do anything as Alliance because of the insane bonuses everyone had from Legiondaries plus being outnumbered. I ended up transferring to a PvE server just so I wouldn't have to deal with a part of the game that I used to love and engage in regularly.

I'm between good idea but RNG ruins it completely, and 100% hate. Would rather them not be there at all, or make a system in the future that's currency based and lets us work towards them and choose which one we get.

I've had my BiS legendaries for a while, and all for my main spec for slightly less time, so I can say with 0% bias: 100% hate, fucking awful idea, they aren't remotely similar to the Freezing Band in vanilla example they gave at Blizzcon. It's not a nice side bonus, it's a carrot you're forced to chase to be competitive if you do any raiding worth a shit. I suppose switching up one legendary based on ST vs AOE shores up some of that "customization" gap left by the two rows worth of dead talents my spec has, though.

We totally don't balance classes around legendaries, trinkets, and bizarre passives though!
    Last edited by tss; 2017-07-19 at 11:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Annoying pieces of gear that I have to constantly upgrade. Nice to boost the ilvl of alts, but annoying to have to upgrade them every other patch.

I think for the average player this system is vastly preferable to the previous "grind raids for weeks on end" model, but I don't think it's particularly good for min/maxers who want to optimise their gear and perform as well as possible. Hopefully they iterate and improve upon it going forward, because there's potential for it to be really great.

Having items with special properties? Good.

Gate it all behind a completely random system that can only be (somewhat) defeated by pure hours played, rather than player skill? Awful.

Voted option 3 and I hope it either gets completely revamped or tossed to the garbage bin in the next xpack.

I love them. Its fun to customize your character depending on what you need for the given moment. Never understood why ppl hate them.

I like them, although the rng makes me a bit salty as I have yet to get the two best legendaries on my main character

But hey it doesn't make or break my performance that I don't have them as the ones I have are still quite good just not the top 2.

So I've read through most of the thread and something that I find truly sad (and disappointing) is how there are so few people that care about the prestige and accomplishment that used to come with obtaining a legendary item. 95% of people that have posted in this thread are focused on the rng or the type of legendary that they're getting but not the fact that it means absolutely nothing to have a legendary item. I guess it just shows how many people haven't played the earlier iterations of this game where you could truly feel attached to your character because of the items that you've obtained and the journey that you had to go on to get them. One of the reasons I quit before legion launched is because it feels like the soul has slowly been ripped out of this game. Now this isn't to say that many things haven't improved over time because they have, but the problem is that there are an equal amount of things (mainly the MMO aspects) that seem to have vanished into the abyss over time instead of being improved alongside every other aspect of the game.

Now since this is mmochampion I assume people would be ready to irrationally respond with one of the following stupid comments:

- You're elitist because you want to restrict legendaries to hardcore players
    - I pay for the game so I deserve access to everything with no effort at all
    - Vanilla and TBC were bad and you're just nostalgic

And to that I respond with: the systems that existed in Vanilla and TBC were not perfect, but what they did well is they made every aspect of the game feel important. This is something that the newer expansions have completely eliminated, especially in regards to legendary items. The systems that exist in the recent expansions made amazing strides in enjoyable content, enjoyable gameplay and accessibility. But the mmo aspects were sacrificed to do this which didn't have to happen (prestige, attachment to your character, community and the feeling of achievement in all aspects of the game).

If I were tasked with developing a legendary system that appealed to the vast majority of players my goal would be to preserve all the good aspects of each expansion + vanilla and design a system around that.

This would be a good way to start imo:
    - Legendaries can only be obtained by players that put skill and/or effort (time) into the game. The main difference between this and the old legendary systems is that obtaining a legendary item required skill and effort (essentially raiding) which alienated a large amount of the playerbase. The difference between this system and the current legendary system (along with MoP and WoD) is that acquiring a legendary item doesn't require skill or effort, you just have to play the game and do the things that you would normally do if the legendary system didn't exist at all.

- Legendaries can be obtained by putting skill and/or effort into every aspect of the game not just raiding. This means there would be a legendary item/s tied to leveling, professions, dungeons, arena, rbg, random bg, world pvp etc etc. But remember that these legendaries wouldn't be given out for free, you would have to "work" for them. What this does, is it gives every caliber of player the opportunity to acquire a legendary item if they were willing to put in the effort to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    I LOVE that items exist that can affect how you play (though much less so than I'd originally thought when announced)
    I wish they'd given us a way to target them, and tie them into lore (think green fire quest).

100% hate. I am not a fan of the gear chase in Diablo and i would rather they keep it out of WoW. If it continues into the next xpak i am gone for sure.

I really dislike it.

Legion Legendaries are essentially a glorified 2-tier talent system. The only difference between them and having actual talents is that you need RNG to get the effect you want, and then you need to store extra gear in order to change the active effects.

Blizzard should've just added 2 more talent rows with 6 of the legendary effects for us to choose.

Makes me afraid to play alts because I'm worried I'm missing out on chances for my main. I hate it

I liked them and I like the idea of a little more control. Someone mentioned get the item then forge it into your chosen idea - that's a great idea. Item would be the RNG drop. I get it, they're trying to not make it a grind. They took the mop/warlords legendary idea and gave it to everyone with artifacts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Annoying pieces of gear that I have to constantly upgrade.
    I... I don't mean to be a sourpuss but... Isn't that the POINT of gear? The fact you're constantly upgrading it? You have to "Upgrade" your old gear with EVERY patch, man. That's how it works.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    (x) Holy shit it's been a year???
    Nope. Not even 11 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    I... I don't mean to be a sourpuss but... Isn't that the POINT of gear? The fact you're constantly upgrading it? You have to "Upgrade" your old gear with EVERY patch, man. That's how it works.
    Yeah but you usually REPLACE gear. Upgrading it by grinding dungeons and shit every patch isn't really my idea of fun.

Yeah so I literally just got the last, most useless utility Legendary I could possibly get. My 3 best ones are the only ones that I don't have as Fury.

Someone please explain to me how this acquisition system is good.

Hate the current system.

I'd have preferred a drop that started a questline and only has a few slots that could be legendary with the ability to choose which legendary at the end.

Say one slot is the waist. Legendary belt. Okay. You get the drop and you go on a quest. It doesn't have to be much harder or more difficult than the original artifact quests or the class mount quest.

You finish the quest and have a choice with different stats on each option (2-4 options). Maybe it's a leather legendary, so BrM Monks, Guardian Druids, and Vengeance DHs might want Versatility. For DPS, maybe mostly crit or haste.

Point being is that while the drop is RNG, you're guaranteed to get your choice for your spec.

I mean, it feels weird to get a legendary item that is barely a stat stick upgrade and does nothing for you (Looking at you Loramus Thalipides' Sacrifice)