Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by A v a View Post
    I do hope that something happens, because Gul'dan had a nice throwback. Maybe the Eredar Twins show up with Brutallus and Sathrovarr. The raid group needs to jump and stack tightly on some sort of edge, where PvP trinkets are used once again. Healers struggle to keep up with Burn, and assigned groups are dedicated to dealing with Sathrovarr by hopping into portals. This is on top of the already long phase of KJ: healers dealing with Fire Bloom, tanks picking up reflections, the raid stacking up for Thousand Souls, avoiding meteors, etc. It seems so exciting, it could bring me out of requirement.

Regardless of that, congrats to those guilds who stick it out and get through ToS to see the Nargles finale! I know raiding has been tough, especially in NH and having to deal with artifact/legendary nonsense. This will be a worthy kill, even better than KJ-SWP, in my opinion.
    Nah, Im chain sending Eredar Twins on a missions so they dont have time to fuck around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Snail/Seagull hybrid
    Beware the Snagulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    I was looking over the dungeon journal for the bosses today and I noticed that, according to what I saw in the journals, nothing seemed to change between heroic and Mythic for Kil'jaeden. I would assume this means we're probably getting something secret added in the fight then like with Guldan mythic. I'm still a little baffled by the fact that nothing else seems to work differently at all. Usually there is something different in the fight aside from just the new phase, right? I mean even Guldan had some changes outside of the Demon Within phase. Did I miss something?

And more importantly: Is there anything datamined pertaining to this boss fight on mythic? What secrets could he hold? Thoughts?
    Its quite possible nothing, they put out a tweet before the patch went live that said they only add phases where it feels right. Idk if they could add anymore to make the story progress like they have in the past. As it is the fight is already stupidly overtuned, stupidly clumpy, and frustratingly buggy. Method and Exorsus said it best in their tweets, they hate feeling like unpaid testers when the shit is on live servers and they feel like they're wasting their time. Honestly, Blizzard dropped the bomb and ToS is going to be yet another guild killer just like Helya and after the first 3 of Nighthold were for many guilds.

It's not going to be a seagull, we already had Gull'dan.

That's because mythic KJ is the same as heroic KJ, it's just tuned a lot higher, Method was just wiping on it for 600 pulls because they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Method and Exorsus said it best in their tweets, they hate feeling like unpaid testers when the shit is on live servers and they feel like they're wasting their time.
    Like anyone should give a fuck what they think. Something's too easy and they rip it to shreds. Something's too hard and they cry about being unpaid testers. They want to be world first they gotta suck it up and shut up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Snail/Seagull hybrid
    Snailgull confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Like anyone should give a fuck what they think. Something's too easy and they rip it to shreds. Something's too hard and they cry about being unpaid testers. They want to be world first they gotta suck it up and shut up.
    Reality is, if its too hard for them, its too hard for the 99.99% of the raiding community. That was the point I was making, not so much that I care about their opinion. If anything it should be too easy for them and accessible to the majority instead of just stupidly overtuned. So please next time you quote me, take the extra minute and read everything I said instead of just picking out the last sentence of a larger point.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Reality is, if its too hard for them, its too hard for the 99.99% of the raiding community. That was the point I was making, not so much that I care about their opinion. If anything it should be too easy for them and accessible to the majority instead of just stupidly overtuned. So please next time you quote me, take the extra minute and read everything I said instead of just picking out the last sentence of a larger point.
    I'm picking out the statement not to take issue with you, but to oppose the idea that what world-first mythic raiders think is of any relevance to anyone but world-first mythic raiders. You just happened to be the one that put it out there. I'm not saying you are supporting their importance or enshrining them.

I'm picking out the statement not to take issue with you, but to oppose the idea that what world-first mythic raiders think is of any relevance to anyone but world-first mythic raiders. You just happened to be the one that put it out there. I'm not saying you are supporting their importance or enshrining them.
    but by ignoring the larger picture you're ignoring the whole point of the comment. Their opinions do matter because if its hard for them its impossible for even the 1% to complete.

Deleted
    You obviously didn't look the journal well at all. The numbers are larger to start with so that changes how you deal with the fight. Tank add one shots everyone within 10yd with its cast (but tank) so it has to either die before that or tanked separately. Tank also gets a debuff from it which at dispel pulls the whole raid on top of that tank. More armageddons to soak, Darkness adds absolutely cannot get a cast off so they will need to die within stuns..
    And that's just something I can remember on top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Shivasana View Post
    You obviously didn't look the journal well at all. The numbers are larger to start with so that changes how you deal with the fight. Tank add one shots everyone within 10yd with its cast (but tank) so it has to either die before that or tanked separately. Tank also gets a debuff from it which at dispel pulls the whole raid on top of that tank. More armageddons to soak, Darkness adds absolutely cannot get a cast off so they will need to die within stuns..
    And that's just something I can remember on top of my head.
    Fair enough. I mean some things I don't know if they were changed later or not but when I first noticed the dungeon journal I don't think I saw changes other than numbers. I mean of course increasing the numbers means that things are changed but I guess I was just really hoping that the changes would be more than "Tee hee look these things all happen at the same time now" and would actually introduce new mechanics or heavily altered mechanics as is usually the case for the end boss of a raid. The adds dying and causing Bullet Hell is not something I'd consider a major change.

Deleted
    they actually did "patch?" in the mythic changes at some point, cause i remember looking at the journal aswell and there was nothing but number tweaks, but the week the first guilds got avatar down i actually looked it up again and the journal did show the new dps ghost mechanics, healer ghost mechanics, new tank ghost mechanics etc

Some things won't really be listed because in essence the mechanic doesn't change, but how you plan for it changes.

An example on archimonde is the beams in phase 2. As listed and how the mechanic works is it goes from one play through another player, hitting anything in its path. It doesn't list that the entire raid gets it at the same time, but the actual beam itself doesn't change in how it functions.

An example on KJ is the knockback orbs. They happen a lot more, and they're a lot worse, but in essence its still the same mechanic to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Fair enough. I mean some things I don't know if they were changed later or not but when I first noticed the dungeon journal I don't think I saw changes other than numbers. I mean of course increasing the numbers means that things are changed but I guess I was just really hoping that the changes would be more than "Tee hee look these things all happen at the same time now" and would actually introduce new mechanics or heavily altered mechanics as is usually the case for the end boss of a raid. The adds dying and causing Bullet Hell is not something I'd consider a major change.
    mixing up mechanics and making them happen at the same time has a huge impact about how you deal with the fight.
    p2 gul'dan mythic was literally the same as heroic last phase (with exceptions to winds, but they are pretty minor) but the way you had to deal with things were a lot different, just because timers were a little faster and things hit harder.

also new mechanics we know off so far are the tank add leaving behind the debuff that pulls the whole raid in, which is needed for a middle-singularity because that would knock you off otherwise. And healer adds in phase2 that need to be healed up and spawn voidzones after their cast with size being based on the healing done.

I'm sure p3 will have other new stuff, but most of the times last phase mechanics aren't very amazing as encounters are designed to have the harder phases early on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drish View Post
    Some things won't really be listed because in essence the mechanic doesn't change, but how you plan for it changes.

An example on archimonde is the beams in phase 2. As listed and how the mechanic works is it goes from one play through another player, hitting anything in its path. It doesn't list that the entire raid gets it at the same time, but the actual beam itself doesn't change in how it functions.

An example on KJ is the knockback orbs. They happen a lot more, and they're a lot worse, but in essence its still the same mechanic to deal with.
    actually it did list on archimonde that it'll hit the whole raid. Literally the first thing I thought off when I read that was making 2lines, which is roughly what paragon ended up doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Drish View Post

Mannoroth is a great example of this as well. There's only 2 changes to the Mannoroth mythic fight, from heroic;
    1: The debuffs at the start of each phase that most people soaked in a square formation with immunities.
    2: The dreadlord spawned in all phases, rather than just P1 (which never happened on mythic. On heroic, P1 just served to introduce the add you'd be wrangling on mythic, and nothing else really).

While the debuffs weren't really a big deal, the dreadlord spawning in all phases suddenly put extra emphasis on precise movement (due to tank debuffs), fight timings (needed to not blow up the marks that'd trigger when you take damage; Alternatively, needed to make sure you actually TOOK damage in a controlled manner as well), and it put extra mechanics into otherwise "duller" moments by making a 3 step (Felseeker, Fears, Imps, repeat) into a 6 step cycle of abilities (Felseeker, fears, imps, dreadlord debuffs, shadowvolley or tank debuff, kill add, repeat). One minor change that messes with the entire flow of the fight.

Deleted
    Snail/Seagull hybrid
    Sneagull!!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    That's because mythic KJ is the same as heroic KJ, it's just tuned a lot higher, Method was just wiping on it for 600 pulls because they suck.
    yes, the number 1 guild in the world sucks. moron.

I'd be pissed too if a fight I was progressing was a buggy piece of unfixed shit.

Deleted
    LOL!

Nothing different? Are you kidding?! Try looking at the videos of the encounter or check the wowhead files for the abilities. It is quite different and it will have to be massively nerfed for more than 10 guilds to kill it. It's insanely overtuned to give method and rivals a challenge.