Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The government has to save people from themselves.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    The chance of that is increased the more people are under drug effects. I fail to see why someone would want to see that increase.
    You have no proof of that. Anywho restricting people's freedoms because they can accidentally occasionally misuse it - is asinine. There are laws for that, they break the law they get punished. Drugs or no drugs.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/v...ourceID=004477

Here, since everyone likes to spout off complete drivel without actually having evidence to back it up. Alcohol is highest harm to others partly because it IS legal (not ONLY). I don't necessarily advocate legalization of things like coke, heroin, ect. (probably decriminalization) but it's absolutely ridiculous that everything below cannabis is illegal, especially mushrooms, lsd, ect. when there's actually research proving that there's almost no harm to user/society when done correctly.

The only reason these drugs are still illegal is because of the prison system and pharmaceutical business. If you go buy weed for your mental illnesses, who's going to buy their overpriced drugs?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    The chance of that is increased the more people are under drug effects. I fail to see why someone would want to see that increase.
    Following this logic, are you for a complete gun confiscation/ban?

Also, if you actually examine many of the violent crimes in the United States they are drug-related, but only because of the illegality of said drugs. If you move these drugs from cartel/gang control to regulated, legal production, the violence and gun-crime rates will instantly plummet.

So for someone who seems to argue based on wanting to reduce violence, you ignore that many if not most of our violent crime is related to the illegality of drugs.

So... Alcohol is legal because its convenient? Also any person who buys legal "drugs-medicine" are also consuming drugs. Theres a reason for the place be called DRUGSTORE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Because you aren't harming others by consuming drugs.
    You never actually had any deal with drug addicts, aren't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You never actually had any deal with drug addicts, aren't you?
    Oh, how I wish I could say my experiences here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    So... Alcohol is legal because its convenient? Also any person who buys legal "drugs-medicine" are also consuming drugs. Theres a reason for the place be called DRUGSTORE.
    It's legal because it's too late to fight it, it's too deep into society and thanks to commercials it doesn't get any better. People should be educated about how dangerous alcohol is and it should be made illegal eventually, when their life is good enough to actually see it without alcohol.

Just look up literally any alcohol ban attempt - people just bootleg it because they can't see their life without.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anaphaze View Post
    http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/v...ourceID=004477

Here, since everyone likes to spout off complete drivel without actually having evidence to back it up. Alcohol is highest harm to others partly because it IS legal (not ONLY). I don't necessarily advocate legalization of things like coke, heroin, ect. (probably decriminalization) but it's absolutely ridiculous that everything below cannabis is illegal, especially mushrooms, lsd, ect. when there's actually research proving that there's almost no harm to user/society when done correctly.

The only reason these drugs are still illegal is because of the prison system and pharmaceutical business. If you go buy weed for your mental illnesses, who's going to buy their overpriced drugs?
    Fuck, dude, really? Since when people do stuff in regulation? There bans exist because people can't do it correctly
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe cannabis ought to be legal, at least for medical purposes. Not sure about recreational usage yet, but I'm leaning towards yes.

Did I already post here?

The real answer is, because of the prohibition era. Alcohol prohibition got repealed but drug prohibition didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhenan View Post
    Guns can be useful when needed and used appropriately, cars I dont even have to explain, a moderate alcohol conumption can be healthy at a certain age.
    Whats positive about hard drugs? What kind of positive impact can it have on your life and others?
    Well not all drugs have a clear benefical effect, but some of them do seem to have good effects (shroom have been used in treatment of depression and had long term effects on most people that tried it with a high success rate. It also doesn't cause addiction and is almost impossible to overdose on.)

Maybe some of them should stay illegal (mostly very dangerous one) but it would be a good time to think over the drugs we already know and reevaluate how risky they are and actually study them.

Pretty much everything in life is dangerous anyways, I could easily stab my eye with a toothpick after drinkin one too many glass of wine and falling while using one :S...

The drugs that should be kept off the streets I think should be the ones that make you likely to harm others directly. (alcohol would be one of those I guess, but it's pretty well established and popular so impossible to remove from society)
    The stigma around drugs we should try to get rid off, that's really stopping some that actually want to stop using harder drugs from getting help..

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Anytime you take a drug and your first thought is to eat someone instead of a cheeseburger is the reason why drugs are illegal...but really though drugs like crack, meth, lsd, acid, shrooms, etc can fucking kill you on the first try that's why.
    As far as I'm aware shroom is the safest recreational drug and lsd is pretty safe too, with no deaths coming directly from overdose on either drug, some people did die using them, but mostly due to having accidents while high or killing themselves (Both of those are also non-addictive btw). I don't know about the others enough to comment too much though
    Last edited by DarkAztaroth; 2017-07-20 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It's legal because it's too late to fight it, it's too deep into society and thanks to commercials it doesn't get any better. People should be educated about how dangerous alcohol is and it should be made illegal eventually, when their life is good enough to actually see it without alcohol.

Just look up literally any alcohol ban attempt - people just bootleg it because they can't see their life without.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck, dude, really? Since when people do stuff in regulation? There bans exist because people can't do it correctly
    Turn things illegal never solved anything. Look at cartels and shit. People will seek them out if you ban it.

Hey, Do you seriously not know the answer to this question? Yeah sure, drugs are bad for our bodys, but so is a lot of other things that are legal. So what's the difference between cigarettes or munching on a pill?

Deleted
    I have no idea. I've heard some people say they are bad for you. Then I tried some and they were really good.
    So I don't know what they are talking about. I mean if you take too much of some drugs, it can kill you, but who would take too much? Stupid people.
    So we have to protect them. Same rules for everyone.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Did I already post here?

The real answer is, because of the prohibition era. Alcohol prohibition got repealed but drug prohibition didn't.
    Boy, that's an interesting point. Plus, no one who can change the laws wants to be seen as "soft on drug dealing" - so because (once again) our politicians are basically cowards, stupid laws aren't changed.

Also, ignorance plays a big factor.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    If that was the reason, then why is alcohol legal? Kills more ppl than crack, coke, heroin combined.
    No, it doesn't. Just going by the data I found for USA: 88k people die annually from alcohol-related causes. From what I've found about Fentanyl, about 4,200 people die from overdosing alone, with far less users than alcohol. About 36k from direct drug overdoses, not counting deaths from long-term use of it like is included in the deaths by alcohol-related causes.

Counting by users per capita, drugs kill more people than alcohol just from overdoses alone.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-08-15 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by williamsJohn View Post
    Hey, Do you seriously not know the answer to this question? Yeah sure, drugs are bad for our bodys, but so is a lot of other things that are legal. So what's the difference between cigarettes or munching on a pill?
    Tax dollars.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    No, it doesn't. Just going by the data I found for USA: 88k people die annually from alcohol-related causes. From what I've found about Fentanyl, about 4,200 people die from overdosing alone, with far less users than alcohol. About 36k from direct drug overdoses, not counting deaths from long-term use of it like is included in the deaths by alcohol-related causes.

Counting by users per capita, drugs kill more people than alcohol just from overdoses alone.
    Tobacco and alcohol are the top two drugs that kill people annually by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post

Tobacco and alcohol are the top two drugs that kill people annually by a long shot.
    If you refuse to take into account how many uses, yes. If 10000 are using fentanyl and 4200 die from direct overdose from it and 70 million uses alcohol and 88k die annually from alcohol-related causes, who has a higher death rate? Fentanyl users do. If drugs like fentanyl was as widespread in usage as alcohol it would outdo alcohol in total numbers with ease just from people overdosing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    If you refuse to take into account how many uses, yes. If 10000 are using fentanyl and 4200 die from direct overdose from it and 70 million uses alcohol and 88k die annually from alcohol-related causes, who has a higher death rate? Fentanyl users do.
    Most people who die from Fentanyl aren't even aware they took it in the first place.

7+ Year Old Account
    so your country get more money instead of taxing it