10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Your weapon idea seems nice in principle but the main problem I see with it is the same one Artifact Weapons have now. You say hilts and blades. All I see is relics. On my DH I can't get a Fel relic to drop for the life of me. I have a 930 Shadow relic and my 2 Fel relics are 880 and 885. Pathetic.
    I see your point, but hopefully with my currency idea buying these new 'relics' would eradicate the RNG for the most part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hitei has his/her own opinions, stop being so antaganistic to anyone ok with what Blizzard does. It's borderline obsessive.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Except with the old system. You could just buy one with points. You could work towards a tangible reward instead of PRAYING.

95% of the playerbase doesn't raid Mythic.

The only people who think the legendary system is enjoyable are the people who either got the right ones early on or the people who literally do nothing else with their life except play World of Warcraft and as a result have all the legendaries anyway.

The problem with Relics is that there are 3 of them in a weapon. It's RNG if you get the right one. It's RNG if its good ilevel. Its RNG if it has the right traits. Do you not see the problem here?

Or would you literally just choke on anything Blizzard gave you?

You could just buy one with points assuming that the thing bought with points wasn't already worse or the same as the thing you were trying to replace.

"95% of the playerbase doesn't raid Mythic" is not a valid counter to the fact that you are complaining about not being able to work towards better gear.

"Waaah, I hate RNG! Why can't I just work towards upgrades!"
    "You can, you just have to do harder content to get better rewar-"
    "NO! I don't want to have to do work! I want guaranteed upgrades without effort!"

I didn't get the right ones early for most characters. But except for very specific outliers, the damage difference between the best and worst is minimal. I'm also not the kind of person constantly looking for something to whine about, so to me getting a Legendary was just a neat, huge ilevel boost for an item slot with a unique effect. And then as I gathered more I could pick and choose for performance if I wanted to.

I also find it pretty hilarious that you are complaining about BiS legendaries in the same post where you disregard Mythic because 95% of the playerbase doesn't raid it. Do you know what that means? It means that for 95% of the playerbase (more really, because unless you are shooting for top ~500, the legendaries are pretty much non-issue) legendary RNG is not an actual issue. If you are not raiding mythic, you do not have a pressing need for BiS legendaries, ergo, Legendary RNG is not an issue for the vast, vast, vast majority of the playerbase--and those who it is an issue for are the "people who literally do nothing else with their life" and have the legendaries they need anyway.

I don't want rewards from Mythic raiding as I don't Mythic raid. 95% of the player base doesn't. I am talking about rewards from the content I play. Stop bringing up Mythic. No one gives a fuck about it.
    So you don't want better rewards, as you don't do the content for it, you just want better rewards for doing the content you already overgear. I see.

BiS legendaries exist. This is inherently the problem. They are obtainable by EVERYONE. Mythic raiding does not give you a higher chance to receive BiS legendaries.
    It doesn't. But Mythic raiding is the only place where legendary balance is relevant. You don't need BiS legendaries to do normal or heroic. They aren't balanced against you having those legendaries. A competitive guild is doing mythic. A heroic raiding guild shouldn't be worried about BiS legendaries, because if the BiS legendary is the deciding factor between wiping and progressing, most of that raid is being carried and there are way bigger problems at hand than you not having the same ring.

Which was my point, since you seemed to have missed it. Outside of mythic raiding, the "competition" is just who can be higher on the DPS meter, because the raiding doesn't require such finely tuned DPS that any guild that isn't pretending to be way better than it is should be kicking people over BiS legendaries. Your other DH having a ring that is super amazing for your spec is just a nice little bonus to your entire raid's damage. Not some national tragedy that's only solution is you deleting the character and rerolling.

I could maybe entertain the idea that you were somehow wronged if we were talking about high end progression mythics, where that DPS difference matters, but we aren't and as you pointed out, 95% of the playerbase isn't so it really is a non-issue.

I'll apply the same level of ridiculousness to an analogy shall I?

Tennis. Lets say there was a new wiz-bang tennis racket that made you hit the ball harder without actually trying. Hitting the ball harder is a fundamental part of the game. Lets say you play socially for fun and some of the people you play with have this new racket. You want to compete with them so you work your arse off to save for it and you go to buy it. Surprise. Because it's so Wiz-bang and the inventor is a lunatic its a lottery. You have to play the RNG game to get the racket. If you don't win the lottery you get a normal racket. You can keep entering multiple times for the same high price.

But you just play Tennis for fun. Its not fun anymore because you can't compete. You keep getting destroyed. You complain saying they should increase production and sell the rackets to everyone as its ruining competitiveness even at a social level. The manufacturers response?

"YOU DON'T NEED IT YOU FUCKIN PLEB. WHAT? ARE YOU PLAYING IN WIMBLEDON NEXT WEEK? ARE YOU TRYING TO BEAT FEDERER. GET OUT OF HERE YOU LOSER".
    This would be a pretty good analogy... if you were dueling the other Demon Hunter maybe.

But it's more like your teammate in doubles has a better racket than you and now you're winning but he's doing more work than you are, because of the racket, and so you're upset and whining about how it isn't FAIR that you don't also have the better racket because despite it being a casual, fun social match of tennis, for some reason you just can't take the thought of your partner doing better than you. And how dare that racket company disrupt the careful balance of casual tennis playing all over the world--but actually if you just played tennis more often it would be pretty simple for you to get the racket but you want it now, without the time because that's how Dave got it and like hell if you're going to be one-upped by him in your friendly weekend tennis matches!

i get that their pointing at a kultiras based expansion, but with magni coming into the equation again and him speaking for the world titan. which usually lies deep within the world im guessin, i would prefer seeing a nerubian expansion. their lore says their kingdoms spread throughout all of azeroth deep underground having to do with faceless ones and old gods. possibly adding nagas into it without making a new landmass above the ground and still have an underwater feel of caverns and webs, while affecting old zones like ion says he wants the world to tie in together for future content. They seem like a huge threat that has multiple factions that evolved differently depending on who they worshiped.

Quote Originally Posted by montblanc735 View Post
    i get that their pointing at a kultiras based expansion, but with magni coming into the equation again and him speaking for the world titan. which usually lies deep within the world im guessin.
    The King of Diamonds has been made a Pawn...

Being competitive with friends is fun. It's not the be all, end all. But improving your DPS and competing with friends is definitely a big driving factor for many players - casual or otherwise.
    And you do improve your DPS, through regular gear upgrades.

If Legendaries don't matter to anyone else but no-life Mythic raiders then why even allow casual scum to acquire them?
    Why would making the system fairer for casuals hurt your disgustingly swollen online pride?
    Because they are still a fun boost that's exciting to get, unless you are, for no good reason, obsessed with BiS--which is especially silly if you are doing heroic, where none of the gear is BiS because it is a difficulty tier below BiS.

It has nothing to do with pride. I just enjoy the RNG of it much more than picking a specific BiS legendary as the first one and then not caring about legendaries at all for the rest of the expansion.

Subtle hints and posts that leaked Legion:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post35153775
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post35153924
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post35167867

To spill the beans, there is a guy in the thread with very little posts about 2 days before Gamescom who tells everyone the expansion is called legion and named all of the zones and the new class.

Good luck finding it!

- - - Updated - - -

Also heres a fake leak of 8.0 :P

"You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I expect a lot of void Lords and Naga action along with a spin off and a twist.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post

LMAO that trailer is so cheap!

Hahaha the guy covering the camera just wants to create a feeling that this is "super secretive" or what is he doing?

Nagas just gives it away. Naga is already plural.

7+ Year Old Account

LOL
    this is so bad, i dont know if i should laugh or cry.

Formerly known as Arafal

The "leak" looks like something from 2010. Vol'jin floating up in the air at the end? LOL fucking hilarious!

Nagas just gives it away. Naga is already plural.
    Illidan's Nagas is a proper name. It's a new naga faction that is just called 'Illidan's Nagas'.
    Last edited by Mushkins; 2017-07-20 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    Illidan's Nagas is a proper name. It's a new naga faction that is just called 'Illidan's Nagas'.
    Just like the new rep faction coming with Fury of the Sea: Fishs.

Just like the new rep faction coming with Fury of the Sea: Fishs.
    Very plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    LOL
    this is so bad, i dont know if i should laugh or cry.
    Just imagine if it was legit.

In some universe.

Deleted
    Illidan didn't know the difference either, hence why he always greeted them "WHAT'S UP MY NAGAS". They adopted the faction name to show they aren't moved by such derogatory use of false plural.

I just rewatched the Cataclysm announcement trailer for fun, daaaaamn it got so old. It looks very cheap now haha!