Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Legion legendary system rant

Ok, let's start from the beginning. I've played Legion the day it started. As my rogue, nothing else. I took a 3 month break earlier and came back 2 months ago. So far, I have 31 days played on this level(Might not seem much to some, but it is to me) and I've gotten 6 legendary items so far; Sephuz, Prydaz,Will of Valeera,Kings Crown(or whatevers it's called)Dreadlocks and Duskboots. As you can see, I literally have the worst legendary items. The only half good item is the Dusk and Dreadlord. Ok, you might be asking, what's your point here? Okay, my friend just came back to WoW and started leveling a druid. He has 2 days played on this character(level 110) and he literally has his 3 BiS. Is this fair to you? Does that seem fair? a month of playtime vs 2 days and he has a better thhan what I have? I am not crying about it. It's just annoying and seems unfair to me. I've been doing raids weekly, all mythic 0, Mythic +, daily world quests. The only thhing he does is a couple of mythic + here and there. Now, does that seem fair to you? Legion sucks. Legendary items wise.

....so RNG is RNG? I mean you're unlucky and he's lucky with gear but that's hardly new to Legion

This unique rant about legendaries is full of new and interesting, never-before-discussed information that definitely needed its own thread.

31 days played is like nothing. And stop blaming your poor dps on legendaries, they only make a few percent difference anyway. Most things are rng in wow, including ordinary loot and bonus rolls etc. You just have to play more to make up for your bad luck like everyone else. Since you already got so many bad legendaries your next ones are more likely to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    31 days played is like nothing. And stop blaming your poor dps on legendaries, they only make a few percent difference anyway. Most things are rng in wow, including ordinary loot and bonus rolls etc. You just have to play more to make up for your bad luck like everyone else. Since you already got so many bad legendaries your next ones are more likely to be good.
    I didn't mention anything about my dps. It's just the thought of it disgusts me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sorry but the Legendaries doesn't reward based on playtime, and they shouldn't. They ran by RNG, and well, RNG is RNG.

As well, rant posts doesn't normally tend to be welcomed on MMO-champion.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Tengokuq View Post
    I didn't mention anything about my dps. It's just the thought of it disgusts me.
    Well the rng is everywhere in wow, legendaries are actually less rng than ordinary loot because it has bad luck protection. You just have to play more if you get bad ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I am sorry but the Legendaries doesn't reward based on playtime, and they shouldn't. They ran by RNG, and well, RNG is RNG.

While Legendaries have low droprate they are less rng than ordinary loot.

That's the whole point. Spending a lot of time grinding and shit and it's not even half-rewarding? I'd rather have 2 bis legendaries rather than having the 6 trash legendaries I have atm.

- - - Updated - - -

Well the rng is everywhere in wow, legendaries are actually less rng than ordinary loot because it has bad luck protection. You just have to play more if you get bad ones.

- - - Updated - - -

How much longer should I play? Is playing from the start of Legion not enough ?

You are correct to complain but also the same argument can be counter-argued.

And it basically boils down to "you dont need BiS items if you dont do relevant content at relevant timelines" otherwise you would have them.

I kinda agree with the mentality of that despite how annoying it might be.

I mean i am still missing 1 General legendary and the new Ring AND I REALLY REALLY WANT THAT RING before i swap to other specs, but it was my choice not to do any M+ for months or any old raids to boost my BLP and its still my choice not playing more than i want to.

As example, i know people that did M+ all week long, all raids norma/hc pug rushing, and pretty much had a legendary/week cause of that and hence have all of them, so when 7.2.5 hit they got the new ones in less than 2 weeks also.

Days played or what legendaries you have gotten doesnt mean much.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-07-20 at 08:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, let's start from the beginning. I've played Legion the day it started. As my rogue, nothing else. I took a 3 month break earlier and came back 2 months ago. So far, I have 31 days played on this level(Might not seem much to some, but it is to me) and I've gotten 6 legendary items so far; Sephuz, Prydaz,Will of Valeera,Kings Crown(or whatevers it's called)Dreadlocks and Duskboots. As you can see, I literally have the worst legendary items. The only half good item is the Dusk and Dreadlord. Ok, you might be asking, what's your point here? Okay, my friend just came back to WoW and started leveling a druid. He has 2 days played on this character(level 110) and he literally has his 3 BiS. Is this fair to you? Does that seem fair? a month of playtime vs 2 days and he has a better thhan what I have? I am not crying about it. It's just annoying and seems unfair to me. I've been doing raids weekly, all mythic 0, Mythic +, daily world quests. The only thhing he does is a couple of mythic + here and there. Now, does that seem fair to you? Legion sucks. Legendary items wise.
    At the risk of being harsh, I have a few thoughts and a few questions.

1) You played the first day... So what. Is this supposed to entitle you to something?
    2) You have SIX legendaries, and you are raising hell about not having better ones?
    3) You say you 'aren't crying about it', but that is exactly the point of your thread.
    4) You dont like the system, what is your solution?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Well, I know how you feel. When a friend of mine who plays resto druid like me returned to the game his first two legendaries were tearstone and velens, which both could be considered bis for resto at that time. And conincidently, I who was playing from the beginning, was just short exactly those two legendaries. And my arcane mage alt has every legendary except the bis pants.

But on the other hand, with broken shore you can can easily farm legendaries now. If you urgently want to you can pretty much force a drop every one to three weeks now doing all available raids on lfr, normal and heroic and the emissary and broken shore caches. And it's also not 7.0 anymore, the relative strength of the legendaries is pretty close now.

Personally I think Legions legendary system is really bad, but it's too late to change anything drastically about it and in the current iteration it's the best they could made out of the system without a complete overhaul.

10+ Year Old Account
    But you haven't been playing since the start... you yourself said you took 3 months off... So which is it? you took 3 months off or you've been playing every day since Legion started?

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

This thread make Charlie Gard condition even worse.

Be happy. You still have something to achieve and a reason to log in for. Your friend can literally stop playing outside of raids now (well, at least as soon as he has concordance)

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, that is quite true.

That's the whole point. Spending a lot of time grinding and shit and it's not even half-rewarding? I'd rather have 2 bis legendaries rather than having the 6 trash legendaries I have atm.
    This is why I am against BiS legendaries, people spend so much time trying to get the right one, or rage. And really, you should have gotte some reward out of grinding, might not be your legendary but at least other things too. Or maybe wrong loot specc?

- - - Updated - - -

RNG doesn't care about how long. Even the bad luck protection system only adds a higher chance, nothing else.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    At the risk of being harsh, I have a few thoughts and a few questions.

1) You played the first day... So what. Is this supposed to entitle you to something?
    2) You have SIX legendaries, and you are raising hell about not having better ones?
    3) You say you 'aren't crying about it', but that is exactly the point of your thread.
    4) You dont like the system, what is your solution?
    1- Means I've played from the start have have a decent amount of played time
    2- Six trash legendary items arent worth crap
    3- I am not crying, complaining more or less about the crappy legendary system
    4- Remove the RNG factor and make it just like MoP where you had a 100% chance to get it instead of grinding and then getting slammed by bad rng with the worst legendary

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, that is quite true.

This is why I am against BiS legendaries, people spend so much time trying to get the right one, or rage. And really, you should have gotte some reward out of grinding, might not be your legendary but at least other things too. Or maybe wrong loot specc?

- - - Updated - - -

RNG doesn't care about how long. Even the bad luck protection system only adds a higher chance, nothing else.
    That's the thing, why won't they just remove the whole RNG factor? Make it more grindy but for fuck sake remove the RNG and let us enjoy the game. It really really pisses me off whenever I am in a mythic+/raid and see a freaking 880 something rogue with 2 bis and I am here be like, yea.. What I am saying is, my grinding isnt rewarding as I am hoping.

Deleted
    Seeing how two legendaries can equate to 20% of a rogues dps with subtley. I hardly would consider that " a few percent difference"

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    But you haven't been playing since the start... you yourself said you took 3 months off... So which is it? you took 3 months off or you've been playing every day since Legion started?
    This is probably hard for you to understand, It's okay, I'll be as informative as I can. I started playing Legion since launch day, we good? Do you UNDERSTAND that? I played Legion the whole time and I took a break like 5 months ago and I came back 2 months ago. So far so good? Should I make it any simpler?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rougle View Post
    Seeing how two legendaries can equate to 20% of a rogues dps with subtley. I hardly would consider that " a few percent difference"
    Right? Would you rather to have Sephuz and Prydaz or Mantle of the Master Assassin and Denial of the Half-Giants/Shadow Satyr's Walk?

10+ Year Old Account
    1- Means I've played from the start have have a decent amount of played time
    2- Six trash legendary items arent worth crap
    3- I am not crying, complaining more or less about the crappy legendary system
    4- Remove the RNG factor and make it just like MoP where you had a 100% chance to get it instead of grinding and then getting slammed by bad rng with the worst legendary
    1) Did you take those 3 months off? Yes or No? Simple question, Simple answer. If your answer is yes you took those 3 months off then you haven't been here since the beginning. You've been here since you came back 2 months ago.
    2) Just think, you might have gotten better legendaries if you hadn't fucked off for those 3 months.
    3) Crying, complaining, Your tears and complaints aren't anything new, and truthfully dont deserve their own thread.
    4) You want something, earn it with the effort required.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    OOOOOOOOO! A new and exciting Legendary post. Let me give it a read... oh no wait.

Protip: RNG is RNG.