Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengokuq View Post
    Ok, let's start from the beginning. I've played Legion the day it started. As my rogue, nothing else. I took a 3 month break earlier and came back 2 months ago. So far, I have 31 days played on this level(Might not seem much to some, but it is to me) and I've gotten 6 legendary items so far; Sephuz, Prydaz,Will of Valeera,Kings Crown(or whatevers it's called)Dreadlocks and Duskboots. As you can see, I literally have the worst legendary items. The only half good item is the Dusk and Dreadlord. Ok, you might be asking, what's your point here? Okay, my friend just came back to WoW and started leveling a druid. He has 2 days played on this character(level 110) and he literally has his 3 BiS. Is this fair to you? Does that seem fair? a month of playtime vs 2 days and he has a better thhan what I have? I am not crying about it. It's just annoying and seems unfair to me. I've been doing raids weekly, all mythic 0, Mythic +, daily world quests. The only thhing he does is a couple of mythic + here and there. Now, does that seem fair to you? Legion sucks. Legendary items wise.
    Nothing is fair in the universe, and if it would be, it wouldn't be fair according to your subjective perception of fairness. Like I could say, hey, life isn't fair, because there are people who are much better off than I have but only lived half my age ! WTF ! Not fair !

But that's not how things work in life, and in this game the legendary drops are based on a RANDOM system, not a system that has "being fair" painted all over it. No one says, that you will get a legendary, and a best one at that every X days of playtime to make it fair. It's random, the only problem here is that you expect it being fair, stop expecting it to be fair, problem solved.

I totally agree with that. Having a powerful legendary that literally increases your dps for over 10% of your whole dps is just stupid. Especially when you rely on RNG to get that. I agree with you on legendary items should be a based-utility items more than a huge dps bonus.

- - - Updated - - -

Then you're either just not doing all mythic + / raids / mythic + or you're just afking for dalaran asking for a legendary to drop.

Actually i do all LFRs / about 5-7 M+ runs that ranges between 12-15 / & full heroic clears of EN/ToV/NH/ToS.

Still, RNG is RNG, so again, do you see me crying about them on forums like you ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok. It's clear to me that you're either a troll or completely blind. Can't you see that I mentioned that I do my weekly every week? Mythic0/raids/Daily world quest and mythic plus?
    But there are 12 wks you didn't do them, 12 weeks of nothing at all... That sir is ZERO effort... surely you can grasp that. If anything, there are others in this thread that have put in more effort for their legendaries and have less than you.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

If you're casual, and you "only" got six Legendaries from bad to decent, what exactly you need the best Legendaries for? If you desperately need them for progress/playing in a good raiding guild then play more until you have all.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    But there are 12 wks you didn't do them, 12 weeks of nothing at all... That sir is ZERO effort... surely you can grasp that. If anything, there are others in this thread that have put in more effort for their legendaries and have less than you.
    Jesus fucking christ. It's clear that you're that stupid now. I am just gonna ignore you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Inpain View Post
    Actually i do all LFRs / about 5-7 M+ runs that ranges between 12-15 / & full heroic clears of EN/ToV/NH/ToS.

Still, RNG is RNG, so again, do you see me crying about them on forums like you ?
    That's the difference then. You don't care, but I do I wanna do more. You just want to do it for the mehs-wasting time. I love playing WoW and the rng factor is just making me hate it by time.

1- Means I've played from the start have have a decent amount of played time
    Played time is meaningless. It doesn't matter how much time you spend in game, but what you are doing. The more challenging the content, the higher the chance of a legendary, and therefore the item that you desire.

As a general rule, you should be focusing more on maximizing what you have rather than pining away for what you don't. After all, there have been many legendaries for many classes that have swapped places. For example Sephuz is now bis for many specs, where it was trash for quite a long time.

tl;dr LessQQMorePewPew

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Right? Would you rather to have Sephuz and Prydaz or Mantle of the Master Assassin and Denial of the Half-Giants/Shadow Satyr's Walk?
    Exactly. people don't seem to get how OP legendaries really are.

--That's the bright side~ish of this situation. Though, there are still 4 legendary items that I wouldn't want to get :/ I just want dem shoulders and bracers :/

My alt got those and I have bad luck so you will get them in no time now

Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    Played time is meaningless. It doesn't matter how much time you spend in game, but what you are doing. The more challenging the content, the higher the chance of a legendary, and therefore the item that you desire.

As a general rule, you should be focusing more on maximizing what you have rather than pining away for what you don't. After all, there have been many legendaries for many classes that have swapped places. For example Sephuz is now bis for many specs, where it was trash for quite a long time.

tl;dr LessQQMorePewPew
    Again, as mentioned, I do all weekly stuff including spamming mythic+

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    Is it really that difficult to try and see things from someone elses perspective? Why do you feel such urge to invalidate everything the OP writes?

IMO he is full in the rights, and the system is indeed terrible the way it is.
    You tell him to "earn" his BiS legendaries with effort while its totally RNG, do you also believe his friend who got his BiS items in just 2 days earned them with effort?

Try seeing things outside your own perspective sometimes, it might even be refreshing sometimes.
    Thank you for understanding :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    --That's the bright side~ish of this situation. Though, there are still 4 legendary items that I wouldn't want to get :/ I just want dem shoulders and bracers :/

My alt got those and I have bad luck so you will get them in no time now
    Thank you. Hopefully I get them sooner rather than later And thank you for not flaming or trash talking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    You know, I was thinking this about your 'efforts' as well.

- - - Updated - - -

well... you can obliterate pvp gear but you need to oblit 6 to get enough to buy another piece... so maybe Oblit 3-4 legendaries to get a different one. I can see merit to that.
    difference is that you can get 6 pvp items in a few days. whereas getting 2 legendaries usually takes a month at least

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    Is it really that difficult to try and see things from someone elses perspective? Why do you feel such urge to invalidate everything the OP writes?

IMO he is full in the rights, and the system is indeed terrible the way it is.
    You tell him to "earn" his BiS legendaries with effort while its totally RNG, do you also believe his friend who got his BiS items in just 2 days earned them with effort?

Try seeing things outside your own perspective sometimes, it might even be refreshing sometimes.
    I had a small amount of sympathy for him, until his arrogance and entitlement took over, now I have none... Sorry, not sorry.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

can't believe so many blizzard fanboys defending the legendary system.

my situation was similar to OP's, i quit the game because IRL issue and came back 4 months ago with a 100 DH, i grinded every raids, heriocs and Mythics every week plus hundreds of M+. So it roughly took me 3 months to get 11 legos and now i've gotten 13 legedanries.

I put my effort and earned my stuff, but do i feel like i've achieved anything? No, the only feeling i had when i got all my legos was a sense of relief that i can finally stop grinding and the WORST PART OF LEGION IS THE LEGENDARY SYSTEM period.

I don't think complaining the legendary rng systems is old and shouldn't be discussed, as long as the problem exists it'll be discussed until it's removed from the fucking game.
    Last edited by Realmerc; 2017-07-20 at 10:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Realmerc View Post
    can't believe so many blizzard fanboys sucking weiners and defending the legendary system.

my situation was similar to OP's, i quit the game because IRL issue and came back 4 months ago with a 100 DH, i grinded every raids, heriocs and Mythics every week plus hundreds of M+. So it roughly took me 3 months to get 11 legos and now i've gotten 13 legedanries.

I put my effort and earned my stuff, but do i feel like i've achieved anything? No, the only feeling i had when i got all my legos was a sense of relief that i can finally stop grinding and the WORST PART OF LEGION IS THE LEGENDARY SYSTEM period.

I don't think complaining the legendary rng systems is old and shouldn't be discussed, as long the problem exists it'll be discussed until it's removed from the fucking game.
    I (and other posters here i think) am not defending the legendary system. But if you are not a top tier raider or a dps obsessed, you simply don't need 2 BiS legendary to clear content at slow peace. This is a fact.
    I am happy to drop shitty legendary? Hell no. It's fair that someone with same game time drops 2 Bis right away? Hell no. But for the content i do, i am happy having two 970 ilvl piece of gear, simple as that.

And when the OP say "I don't care about dps", all his argument are just a whining entitlement. And when RNG is on stage, you can't be entitled.

Again, as mentioned, I do all weekly stuff including spamming mythic+.
    K, and? You seem to have utterly disregarded my post in favor of the 'give me pity' bs.

Legendaries aren't any more "op" than a great trinket, with some specs having to go back to Mythic Ursoc for. Stop worrying about what you don't have and maximize what you do. The lot of you in the thread *whining* because you seem to think that you *deserve* more than a legendary a week is absurd to me.

Deleted
    I agree. I overall enjoy legion. Champion system is better then Followers. I actually love the world quest system.
    But first of all artifact power is the fucking worse, OH yeeaaah i got a 106M artifact power doing some quest,that is 1%
    And Well most of all the legendary. I almost deleted my Main at the start of the expation because back then you had a hard limit at 4 legendarys, and well after the first one it also slowed down really hard. THe legendary system is trash. Is stupid how at the start of an expation, you could see, 2 players, same class, spec, and taltents, very similar gear and artifact levels. One had 2 damge dealing legendarys and the other had some defense ones, the damge was so different.. Is a fucking joke how big difference it is, and you can be cursed you get a bunch of bad ones.

I am playing very casual, but my main a DH, got the neck Shield, Aoe boots, aoe head, and the stupid belt that deals more damge if target is above 90%. All of thise are Trash tier for serious raid damge.
    and same way around for mythics or aoe packs i am fucking king, is stupid how big difference there is.

Yeah, the system sucks. It should have been removed befor the expantion was even released.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thats how ''Hazzikostas RNG wow'' works. Legendary system,titan/warforge,RNG on RNG on RNG,AP grind are the worst ''casual fun stuff'' ever added to wow. I hope next expansion will remove them
    Last edited by HordeFanboy; 2017-07-20 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougle View Post
    Seeing how two legendaries can equate to 20% of a rogues dps with subtley. I hardly would consider that " a few percent difference"
    Thats vs no legendary at all. All legendaries provide benefit though, some more than others.

That's the whole point. Spending a lot of time grinding and shit and it's not even half-rewarding? I'd rather have 2 bis legendaries rather than having the 6 trash legendaries I have atm.

How much longer should I play? Is playing from the start of Legion not enough ?
    Well, I'd rather have $2M on my bank account than a mid-paying job. Damn OP, you serious? Since this particular part sounds like a whiney qq from an very special snowflake. Boo-hoo... I played for X time and still haven't got my BIS legendaries. As noted - RNG is RNG. I spend like 200 LK runs for a horse to drop while there are people who report it dropping it on their first run. Unfair? Just RNG, they were lucky, me not.

And look from the other side - at least you have incentive to play. You have a goal to reach. in your case it just takes more time. Would you play exactly the same if you got your 2 BIS one after another, first tries? No. You'd play some, reach certain point and then qq about not having anything to do / content being too easy.

That instant gratification mentality...

Deleted
    I can actualy say one or two things on the topic.
    Last month I managed to convince 2 IRL friends to come play WoW. They made fresh accounts.
    One made BM hunter - first legendary he gets belt..., 2nd legendary he gets shoulder....
    Other made Disc priest - first legendary he gets soul ring, 2nd legendary he gets head legendary (well not very good, but still..)
    Then one more friend reactivates his account, level up UH death knight and first legendary he gets.. can you guess it? Those who choose bracers win. I will throw my keyboard if his second is the soul ring...

There is something fishy going around here or my name is Archibarld... (it is not!)