Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Actually, in WoW's terms, Sargeras is a Pantheon Titan, as one of the main. Aesir and Vanir are titan-forged watchers.
    But in rpg-pedia-chronicles titans are 2 sister races

Aesir and Vanir, titan Watcher have usually the same skin of their creator due to the affinity with storm or earth
    Last edited by Ehuehuecopter; 2017-07-20 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehuehuecopter View Post

Aesir and Vanir, titan Watcher have usually the same skin of their creator due to the affinity with storm or earth
    The RPGs have always been of dubious canonocity, and I think back in MoP Blizzard flat out said they were not canon and if they disagreed with basically any other lore, they lost.

So right now I think it goes like this.

Chronicles
    |
    Older Game/Book
    |
    |
    RPGs

So basically if Chroncles contradicts something from ingame or another book that was published before it, Chroncles win. Pre-Chroncles books and ingame content in turn trump the entirey of the RPG stuff.

In this specific case there's no aesir/vanir distinction made about the Titans.
    Last edited by cparle87; 2017-07-20 at 08:15 AM.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    The RPGs have always been of dubious canonocity, and I think back in MoP Blizzard flat out said they were not canon and if they disagreed with basically any other lore, they lost.
    Well canonocity or not.

Titans aren't GODS are just really powerful begins, mortal and therefore they aren't omniscient nor omnipotent

So we can assume that not every Titan is a smart-ass like Amanthul but can be just a warmonger like Sargeras "make universe great again"

BTW Chronicles explain the titan race

Games>Chronicles>Novels>Comics>RPG

Deleted

The RPG books are non-canon.

But yes, the Titans are just powerful beings that reorder the universe like they want. Much like the Greek Gods and Titans.

Ye unfortunately game doesn't talk about void lords.like.chronicles so...

Chronicles > All

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The RPG books are non-canon.

But yes, the Titans are just powerful beings that reorder the universe like they want. Much like the Greek Gods and Titans.
    If rpg are non Canon

Why people want new classes or Tinker? Or new races? It is all from rpg but if it isn't Canon..

Also as I said, chronicles is Canon and yet say the same things of rpg about titans.

Lets do this, ignore what blizzard says and stick to rpg and chronicles compendium since not even blizzard remember what they did or said

I mean blizzard just cherry pick from rpg books or novel and add to wow.

So they pick non Canon stuff and make them Canon, at this point just pretend all is Canon and you can see that is pretty work

Deleted
    How they are wrapping up[ the arc with the imprisonment element I think is really good.

But a lot leading up to it I do not like. Still feels awkward how the burning legion was able to defeat the pantheons.
    I really wonder what the story to that is because it feels too forced with no context.

To my knowledge Amanthul was the embodiment of wisdom for the pantheon and the leader.
    On this high level of power and Blizzard typical story this would ussually mean its the most power pantheon even when someone like Sargeras being the warrior and defender aspect.

Sargeras would have had to pick them of one by one without the pantheon noticing untill its too late and the pantheon would probably need to have been preocupied and weakened by something. Could be that the battle against the old gods left them weakened and disthraught aswell or the void?

Those voice lines sound like shit that they'll be saying randomly throughout the course of the raid. I'm pretty sure there'll be something more complete and meaningful for the end of the raid and maybe some dialogue afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by taelon View Post
    How they are wrapping up[ the arc with the imprisonment element I think is really good.

But a lot leading up to it I do not like. Still feels awkward how the burning legion was able to defeat the pantheons.
    I really wonder what the story to that is because it feels too forced with no context.

To my knowledge Amanthul was the embodiment of wisdom for the pantheon and the leader.
    On this high level of power and Blizzard typical story this would ussually mean its the most power pantheon even when someone like Sargeras being the warrior and defender aspect.

Sargeras would have had to pick them of one by one without the pantheon noticing untill its too late and the pantheon would probably need to have been preocupied and weakened by something. Could be that the battle against the old gods left them weakened and disthraught aswell or the void?
    Sargeras killed a Constellar (like algalon) while he was doing his usual rampage, Aggrammar was near Draenor and went investigate.

Sargeras bested Aggrammar.

With Aggrammar KO

Pantheon had no "champion" to fight for them

Sargeras then REKT the Pantheon 1 by 1 in a brawl

Before truly die, Amanthul sent their spirit in the depth of the cosmo, after a while they reached Azeroth and get inside the titan watchers

Example Amanthul went into Ra Den that after was beaten by Lei Shen that absorbed the Amanthul power and knowledge and then we gave lei shen heart to Wrathion, he ate it and got an epiphany from Amanthul "we must build the titan" or something

--all of this over a span of millenia--

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Spoilers from what's on the PTR
    So by the sounds of it Sargeras has been torturing the Titans to try to bend them to his will. That's why they're not exactly at full capacity.
    As for Sargeras himself, he IS mad, he thinks that the solution to the Void Lords is to burn the entire universe to ash.
    I'm confused, I thought all the other titans were dead? Wasn't that what we learned from our little chat with the naru at one point during the Illidan questline? (I think it was)

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    I'm confused, I thought all the other titans were dead? Wasn't that what we learned from our little chat with the naru at one point during the Illidan questline? (I think it was)
    Look the post above yours

Deleted
    Sargeras killed a Constellar (like algalon) while he was doing his usual rampage, Aggrammar was near Draenor and went investigate.

Sargeras bested Aggrammar.

With Aggrammar KO

Pantheon had no "champion" to fight for them

Sargeras then REKT the Pantheon 1 by 1 in a brawl

Before truly die, Amanthul sent their spirit in the depth of the cosmo, after a while they reached Azeroth and get inside the titan watchers

Example Amanthul went into Ra Den that after was beaten by Lei Shen that absorbed the Amanthul power and knowledge and then we gave lei shen heart to Wrathion, he ate it and got an epiphany from Amanthul "we must build the titan" or something

--all of this over a span of millenia--
    Sounds bad :P

Quote Originally Posted by taelon View Post
    Sounds bad :P
    And remember that there are tentacles lurking in the shadows waiting.

They are just mostly dead per Miracle Max

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sberdila View Post
    Hey,

I'm not an alt, i'm just a long time lurker, and I've never really posted or replied that much, so i'm not trolling.

I listened to the recent VO datamined from the latest PTR build, and it seriously made me lose any hype I had about 20 years of Sargeras/Burning Legion/Titans hype. They just made him sound like some kind of mad NPC who just wants to destroy stuff with no actual logic or intelligence behind but a binary set of simplified decisions. I mean, if you listen at the VO of Loken from the Halls of Lightning, you can feel like the guy has been alive for thousand of years, witnessed all sort of events and situations, and has a minimum of dexterity, you can get a bit of inspiration from the character even though he is a vilain.
    Same for the whispers of Illgynoth, you feel like even though it's an NPC, it has a thought process with a logical way of thinking that can show you that there is more to it than just wanting to spread tentacles, it's darker or whatever. God, even the shadow priest dagger sounds smarter than the Lord of the legion..

With Sargeras, and the rest of the pantheon they literally sound less deep than any boss from the leveling dungeons, there is no "mystical" purpose behind, no feel of machiavelic plot, nothing, just "BRRAAAAR DEATH PAIN BRBRAAA", it literally killed all the Lore hype I had, and all the expectation of what a mastermind would be, the one who convinced one of the most advanced civilizations on the universe (The eredar) to join his ranks..
    The Titans, Sargy and this entire pantheon, gods of all gods thing just got me less excited. We're literaly meddling with the very creations of the Light, the Titans. We might as well be gods ourselves, grow 10x times In size and boom, we, the players are a new pantheon... there's your new expansion right there, cause power fantasy right?

If this Is where we keep going and going... WoW Is going to end sooner than people think. Blizzard already made up the Void Lords to create a bigger threat than the Old Gods, who will they then create? Super Void Lords who are actually even better than the Void Lords? You can't just keep going up the line In villains, this Isn't Starcraft 2 either but with this storyline It sure seems like It by now In 7.3 especially.

Not like starcraft 1 though, that story was good at least, SC2 was getting the story wrong, but I digress.

I don't even care about titans, demons and shit, they can be around, why not, who cares. Let there be a legion, I was so afraid and excited as well for what the Legion are since the Warcraft 2 Undead campaign when Kel'thuzad explained the legion in It's basic form when they travelled to the blackrock clan... and 12 years later, we are gods In our own rights apparently.

I want to go back to adventuring, before WoD, Before Legion made us Into leaders of random order halls that I don't care about, cause everyone has the same weapon and followers I do (Also remove table missions, this isn't facebook, seriously, not even a mini-table Is helpful), I'd rather be the champion of the Horde/Alliance respectively, battling It out betwenn the two factions on a world scale conflict, or even galaxy wide? Or no wait, that'd turn Into Star Wars with Sylvannas becoming the Empress... no, don't do that.

Or... just do the next sensible thing, make a new planet, a new entire planet we've never seen or heared of before that has nothing or little to do with the Void and Demons. New races to join each faction, new other races to Interact with (No more elves please, damn elves), new landscapes, large world-wide threats, resources that we need to aquire cause surely Azeroth Is being drained of them rapidly more than ever. Doesn't that make sense? Also bring back good lore characters that are just sitting and doing literally nothing.

You have the bloody sister of Arthas sitting In the priest order hall like It's no big deal, telling priest players "I gave up my throne, I am just a random priestess now" It's like no... you're the next In line for the Lordaeron throne, the second largest kingdom the humans ever had and you could RESTORE THAT. Gather up all of your Lordaeron loyalists, march back Into Lordaeron, take that damn place from Sylvannas, burn her undead to the ground and she will have to move, possibly to this new planet? That'd be weird and Interesting, right? Or find an entire new original undead-themed city somewhere.

And I don't care she says "I forfeit my right to the throne" blizzard can retcon things left right and center, and they do, It's just a few words In a text you can forget It easily. Don't just have characters like that rest In your order hall doing nothing, especially Calia bloody Menethil. And that's only the most famous example of a good character that could become centerstare In the story.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Deleted
    If rpg are non Canon

Why people want new classes or Tinker? Or new races? It is all from rpg but if it isn't Canon..

Also as I said, chronicles is Canon and yet say the same things of rpg about titans.

Lets do this, ignore what blizzard says and stick to rpg and chronicles compendium since not even blizzard remember what they did or said
    That's like asking:
    "if teleportation doesn't exist, why do people want it to exist?"
    Because it would be very convenient for them, that's why.

Tinkers actually do exist (see the gnomish and goblin leader for refference), but not as a playable class.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    We believed them to be. Sargeras was believed to have killed them all during his war against them, but 7.3 datamining has revealed that he captured them instead.

Tbh we know since mop that they weren't dead