Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Probably, but he's dead.

It's not debatable, he's dead Blizzard confirmed that.

Though they said they can retcon it, but he's dead for now.

It's not about you - but it amazes me that people keep asking if Archimonde is really dead, but Blizzard gave them answer in 2015 and theyr'e still asking about him to this point:

Agree.
    That guy is so unsure of himself on the Archi subject, it made me unsure...

But, ye, i guess untill they say otherwise in a retcon, Archi is dead... But Manny shouldnt be...

Madness will consume you!!!

Probably, but he's dead.
    I hope so, I really do. I'm sick of characters returning again and again (with Archimonde being one of the greatest offenders). But even in that quote they said they might reuse him if they run out of ideas (which nowadays, sadly, happens way too often). Also, it's Kosak. I don't trust that guy in any lore relevant issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Given the Azgalor equation I'd say Mannoroth could return at some future point as death in HFC is not perma-death (except for Archimonde who rather foolishly teleports himself and the raid to the Nether in his Mythic-only encounter).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    I hope so, I really do. I'm sick of characters returning again and again (with Archimonde being one of the greatest offenders). But even in that quote they said they might reuse him if they run out of ideas (which nowadays, sadly, happens way too often). Also, it's Kosak. I don't trust that guy in any lore relevant issue.
    Yeah, Kosak looks and talks like the most unstable source of information, and even he says it is a viable possibility they will retcon Archi.
    Though, TbF the Archimonde story has ended so abruptly both times, i would have liked him to be way more prominant.
    In wc3 he just got summoned, crushed fake Dalaran and got ghosted while trying to clime a tree.
    And in HfC he litteraly just got summoned, fled to the TW when his hp got bombarded and killed without doing anything.

So sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Given the Azgalor equation I'd say Mannoroth could return at some future point as death in HFC is not perma-death (except for Archimonde who rather foolishly teleports himself and the raid to the Nether in his Mythic-only encounter).
    Mannoroth is one of the reasons i fell in love with wc3 (well, more specificaly his demise cinematic)
    I would love to see him again, but not as a short tempered, short sighted boss in a stupid ass story line that makes no sense...

I know we've seen him 3 times now, but maybe having him get on our side like those holy dreadlords... Sounds awsome to me.

Madness will consume you!!!

Deleted
    nobody dies permanently. anyone you think is dead really has a last minute plot device to save them, you just haven't been told yet.

this means the question: "where is mankriks wife?" is still relevant.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2017-07-20 at 08:35 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I don't think Archimonde is dead. Not killed on Twisting Nether.

So probably others aren't dead either.
    Archimonde was killed in the twisting nether, M encounter is canon, cut scene is not. Even though I find that a weird way of handling things, that is what blizzard has stated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully. We killed him like three times already

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruskiturbo View Post
    HUGE SPOILER BELOW!

It's been confirmed through datamined dialogue from the Argus raid, Antorus, that the core of the planet inhabits Argus the Unmaker. Who is some sort of construct/titan/world soul and in some way he is the source of power that is making this endless resurrection thing possible.

My personal theory is that when a demon dies, their essence is still "alive" somewhere in the chaos of the nether, and through the energy that is coming from the core of Argus they are able to be fully resurrected from that tiny bit of essence. Shortly said the chaos of the nether could be what the demons were born from originally since that is what they represent.
    They regenerated in the Twisting Nether long before Sargeras went to Argus the first time. The Argus prototitan allows them to somehow regenerate on a fel saturated planet and allows to regenerate them at much faster pace. Killing him will only take that part away, but they will still regenerate in the nether.

Demons aren't really a problem on their own, they don't have brain power to lead strikes, they just rampage like headless chicken, sooner or later someone is going to take control of them again like Sargeras did though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    Archimonde was killed in the twisting nether, M encounter is canon, cut scene is not. Even though I find that a weird way of handling things, that is what blizzard has stated.
    They've backtracked that statement at least 4 times during the final tier of WoD though.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
    Simply so - was Tanaan jungle fel-saturated enough so that Mannoroth, Zakuun, Velhari and other demons are dead permanently when killed there? Since Mannoroth is not yet mentioned in 7.3. spoilers, can we say Archimonde is finally dead, too, and close the book on this long debate?
    Tanaan jungle is nowhere near fel saturated enough to make demons die there for good.

Look at Mardum, Niskara and Argus. Those husks of a world are places where demons can die for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    nobody dies permanently. anyone you think is dead really has a last minute plot device to save them, you just haven't been told yet.

this means the question: "where is mankriks wife?" is still relevant.
    Onyxia, my dear sister ...

Deleted
    Mannoroth is not dead. May take quite some years for him to come back.
    But Womannoroth is searching for him and the champions that made him vanish

Why would he be? Just like any raid boss you can kill him once a week.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    I would love to see him again, but not as a short tempered, short sighted boss in a stupid ass story line that makes no sense...
    Short tempers and poor planning skills are pretty much par for the course for Annihilan, though. Big, strong, dumb as bricks with acute brain damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Short tempers and poor planning skills are pretty much par for the course for Annihilan, though. Big, strong, dumb as bricks with acute brain damage.
    Which is actually ironically funny because Mannoroth was lauded among the Annihilans for being strategically-minded and able to use disciplines beyond the reach of most his kind (like simpler forms of Fel magic). None of them are really long on thought or much for planning beyond "crush, maim, kill, destroy."
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Probably, but he's dead.

It's not debatable, he's dead Blizzard confirmed that.

Though they said they can retcon it, but he's dead for now.

It's not about you - but it amazes me that people keep asking if Archimonde is really dead, but Blizzard gave them answer in 2015 and theyr'e still asking about him to this point:

Agree.
    It would have helped if you actually bookmarked it at the point they talk about it rather than the start.

The reason they ask is because even Blizzard doesn't really know. Half of them say yes, half of them say no. The most recent I recall was on the forums and they said initially they were going to have Mythic players say "Yes, he's dead since he's killed in the Twisting Nether". Then they said because of how the cinematic cuts back to him in HFC that it would seem like he isn't. That it was basically up in the air and there was no definitive yes or no and they would figure it out in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well he was forcibly resurrected there, that might have had some consequences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is actually lost in thier own lore.

Argus prototitan, demons regenerating in twisting nether etc. Actually i have no idea what version is true, and slowly don't care since.

If demons truely die in twisting nether, what you can say about Outland Shadowmoon Valley? Zone is saturated with fel like Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Blizzard is actually lost in thier own lore.

Argus prototitan, demons regenerating in twisting nether etc. Actually i have no idea what version is true, and slowly don't care since.

If demons truely die in twisting nether, what you can say about Outland Shadowmoon Valley? Zone is saturated with fel like Argus.
    Actually Outland as a whole should be in Twisting Nether. Demons dying there should be dead for good, but somehow Illidan's soul survived Black Temple raid...

It is a mess.

7+ Year Old Account
    He is until they decide to arbitrarily rewrite the lore to say otherwise. At the end of the day any pretense of WoW's story being anything other than a means to drive gameplay is died with WoD.

They need to die in the Twisting Nether, like Archimonde in his Mythic phase. Fel saturation has nothing to do with it and the Warcraft Chronicle book confirms that.
    Therefore Mannoroth and Tichondrius aren't dead yet, but Archimonde and Kil'jaden are. Unless retconned...
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.