Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    The entire patch up to and including the opening of ToS was a story involving Kil'jaeden and the tomb. The Cathedral of Eternal Night was pretty much all story, and the Tomb of Sargeras itself basically has Kil'jaeden interacting with you throughout.

With that in mind, I have to ask you: have you even played the fucking game? And if you did, did you actually pay attention?
    It's not Blizzard's fault that you have the attention span of a gnat.
    First of all take a chill pill because I wasn't attacking anyone. And yes, I've played the game and done the broken shore quests multiple times . If you compare the Insurrection campaign with the broken shore campaign you will see how the latter fails to build up the hype for the raid. This is Kil'jaeden we are talking about, one of the biggest villains of Warcraft, and he only has 3 interactions in the whole raid. He doesn't even show up in any of the 15 quests of Breaching the Tomb or the dungeon.

OP has a point. We do all the dirty work while that quartet stands there chatting in twos. Infernals pouring out of the sky to level mage tower but they? Illidan chat casually with Khadgar who lost his coins due to mishap while flying over the area (eventually he has a "sticky" problem), Velen tries to impress Maiev with his "visions" but he's unable to predict anything earlier than it already happened. And Maiev don't give a F about Velen's attempts as she's constantly watching Illidan over Velen's shoulder thinking how to imprison him (Illidan, not Velen) again to be nothing once again.

Powerful enemy spawned on island? We go and kill it. Neptulon's champion is extinguishing fel fires? We go and assist. We struggle in raids to overcome bosses, retrieve artifacts of unimaginable power that help us in defeating the Legion. And they do what? They have "misshaps" while flying over the area... They are more obsessed with Murlocs and kraken eggs than actual situation.

Sargeras and his whole Legion is dumber than manual predicts as they are actually loosing to us under such "command".

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    They all kinda do look awkward as hell...

All Illidan has done since we freed him is stand there... doing nothing...

If passive NPCs in WoW are a new problem to you, i don't know what to tell you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    They all kinda do look awkward as hell...

All Illidan has done since we freed him is stand there... doing nothing...
    Whilst I agree, if he was on the frontlines, I cannot stand an NPC breaking the dialogue window every time when under attack! Hate it so much haha

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    It was a story involving Mephistroth and the tomb. I haven't seen Kil'jaeden once between the patch-cinematic and encountering the Avatar of Sargeras.
    I think Blizzard are to scared to show the villans because of "Saturday cartoon villan syndrome" like Arthas had in WOTLK.. seems like they can never get a good balance.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    This isn't Warcraft 3, where we play the Named heroes and armies.

Obviously the generic legionfall broken shore questline was boring as the patch focused on class specific quests instead of generic story like suramar, but those npcs still play a "cinematic" role inside the raid instance.

If players wouldn't be needed for anything important, what's the point of having dungeons and raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RadmaKanow View Post
    OP has a point. We do all the dirty work while that quartet stands there chatting in twos. Infernals pouring out of the sky to level mage tower but they? Illidan chat casually with Khadgar who lost his coins due to mishap while flying over the area (eventually he has a "sticky" problem), Velen tries to impress Maiev with his "visions" but he's unable to predict anything earlier than it already happened. And Maiev don't give a F about Velen's attempts as she's constantly watching Illidan over Velen's shoulder thinking how to imprison him (Illidan, not Velen) again to be nothing once again.

Powerful enemy spawned on island? We go and kill it. Neptulon's champion is extinguishing fel fires? We go and assist. We struggle in raids to overcome bosses, retrieve artifacts of unimaginable power that help us in defeating the Legion. And they do what? They have "misshaps" while flying over the area... They are more obsessed with Murlocs and kraken eggs than actual situation.
    Might as well not attack us at all if npcs are able to do all the work, why have Legion expansion at all if "oh but the named npc's can fix the problem by themselves"

Argus will have a more Generic questline again, which is higher quality then splitting all the time and effort across 12 classes and 36 weapons.

And with Generic I mean, same for everyone instead of everyone only experiencing a fraction , doesn't mean "bad" per se, Suramar was awesome and high quality in my opinion, regardless of all the nightfallen rep hate you still can see all the time.

If anything nightfallen rep is piss easy after they added more blue world quest that award 250-350 each.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-07-20 at 11:42 AM.

its also a problem of, have you seen a real warzone? there aren't a load of safe quest hubs and places to stop and check on your kid while questing there are just loads of enemies.

I've seen a lot of complaint about the underwelming numbers of the burning "legion" but if they really did go overboard everyone would hate the zone, you wouldn't be able to move through the zone without forming a party to wade through it, and it would've been impossible to do without a flying mount.
    and if the mobs where at the gates fighting how would you turn in the quests? just the interruption mobs have sometimes is annoying enough one of the vendor npcs took off for an hour one day on the oceanic pvp realms, don't know where to but didn't come back for ages, maybe she ate something bad but if it happened often there would be a load more whining.

And as much fun as deathwing killing you in a zone every so often was.. it was also annoying as hell, doing cool things has to be kept in balance. maybe blizz should open some new servers where certain events go crazy and make it impossible to enter zones without dying kind of thing, bugs coming out of aq20/40 massive legion assaults, stuff like deathwing and have players tick a box after a long disclaimer that there questing/dailies will be interputed like a boss, then everyone can have one token character there "for the funs" and most their characters on servers that don't waste your time lol.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    And when you turn camera other way round, you have a complete sight over the Broken Shore field and Tomb of Sargeras and then it looks like they are having discussion for further plans and nearby is command board.

These people these days....
    And then you turn camera the other *other* way and see demons attacking the mage tower, while our glorious leaders casually chat like nothing is hapenning.

These people these days...

waiting for a bus is always good

The worst part of the broken shore is that it's a worse less rewarding tanaan jungle

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Through everything, this is what I dislike the most about the broken shore.

Does this look like people who are leading an assault on a huge enemy? They look like they are waiting for a bus. At least put them around a table with a map of the broken shore to look like they are commanding something. Not to mention Illidan wouldn't be standing there, he'd be out kicking some ass.

Blizz needs to hire someone who knows how to position NPCs.
    I thought Velen powered up the exodar and left ? Did they ever explain that story line?
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

The real problem with Broken Shore is that its "story" sucks more balls than a bunch of drunk sorority sisters at a rich frat boy party.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

Quote Originally Posted by Mayia View Post
    its also a problem of, have you seen a real warzone? there aren't a load of safe quest hubs and places to stop and check on your kid while questing there are just loads of enemies.

I've seen a lot of complaint about the underwelming numbers of the burning "legion" but if they really did go overboard everyone would hate the zone, you wouldn't be able to move through the zone without forming a party to wade through it, and it would've been impossible to do without a flying mount.
    Problem is with the Sentinax at one point they had a happy medium that wasn't going to piss everyone off. Right reward level (maybe a bit generous) and you had a zone that was flooded with demons and everyone farming it. It actually looked like an actual warzone. But because of one reason or another it was nerfed slightly and people just stopped doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post

Might as well not attack us at all if npcs are able to do all the work, why have Legion expansion at all if "oh but the named npc's can fix the problem by themselves"
    Meh... extremes. No middle ground for you? If it's not white it means it's pitch black? Recall Azsuna part with wretched attacking Azurepost. And Khadgar standing there and "staving". He did shit dps (such powerful mage could have easily wipe all attackers by himself) but he was there and actually do something. True, we did most of the work but at least he was there and tried to help.

This is what I expect from a leader. Not exalted finger pointing saying "go there and do stuff". That I know without him saying so. So he's not needed in that role. Especially when "mishaps" happen. FFS who am I? An errand boy/girl to look after your lost coin? Mighty Khadgar is above such petty and trivial things like looking after lost love gift. Let rabble take care of it, right?

This bugs me a bit. I get mixed input. On the one hand Legion. Sargeras. We are on a brink of destruction.
    On the other hand: go find lost gift of mine. No one wanted to kill spiders, go and deal with it. Search for hidden spare money. If leaders of world threatening offensive have time for such foolishness it means two things: they have way too much time (war is easy) or they have no idea how to lead a war.

I would like to see them in action. Let it be shit dps as seen in mentioned Azurepost. But let me see them.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RadmaKanow View Post

I would like to see them in action. Let it be shit dps as seen in mentioned Azurepost. But let me see them.
    Most of the time we see helper npcs do work they "miss" endlessly until some player damage is dealt.

Of course it's already a small step forward to have important NPC involved in a FEW questlines/dungeons instead of commanding us from a city throne.

Sylvanas for example is even worse case of not showing up at all beyond the first broken shore invasion. Obviously she was busy during the stormheim campaign later, but simply doesn't show up anywhere at all outside of Warden Tower voiceover or a Prestige ceremony in Undercity.

Also we invade broken shore the second time, we have an army that helps us, yet after that, you see each class generic army npc's split up specific for their class WQ's.

We see mages burning spider eggs, paladins at the lost temple, demon hunters at the entrance to ToS, Shamans stopping infernal or cursed fire elementals, monk stopping vrykul and death knights freezing armies with wyrms. etc.

Pretty much no "coordinated" efforts, done on purpose to keep the work to be done for the player, otherwise WQ make even less sense.

Now when the command center is up we suddenly see some super-buffs zone-flavor specific to remind us that broken isle factions are still involved.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-07-21 at 11:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    + 1

By the way you don't need a damn table or a map, the zone is small, you can literally go on top of mage tower and see the whole island...
    Ingame isnt propperly scaled to how it "really" is. For example goldshire houses about 7000 people ^^

But yes. This is the least of the problems when it comes to broken shore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    snap
    Oi mate, chill out there. I'm big lore nerd and I also think that it lacked Kil'Jaedens' personality and all the Legion lore I thought we would get. Illidan talking with Maiev I do not consider important lore.

Well this is part of the problem of the 'real problem with the Broken Shore'.

Which is the lack of everything.