Page 40 of 90 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Wardens > this class is only related to Night Elves, I can't see how they could bring it to Hord
    Tinkers > could be some fighting engineers, both factions could have one or two races that would fit this class (Gnomes/Draeneis - Goblins). It would be a physical dmg class with a charging "battery" resource to use Fire/Electric technics.
    Runemaster > We have seen many Vrykul and Yaungol NPCs using runes (in a different way than DKs) to buff or attack, related to the elements (earth/lightnings). That class could be related to Humans and Taurens if Blizzard introduces the subraces. It would differ from Shaman because it would be based on earth element more than water/fire/lightning.
    Necromancers > taken from the new Diablo3 class, this could be related to a new Lich King expansion. The class would be different from DK because it would be range, with clothes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Well let's see, is a Warrior or Priest a lightly armored class that weilds a musical instrument to play long-lasting song effects that buff and heal allies or debuff and harm enemies? Do warriors and priests play chords to form razor-like shards out of notes that strike enemies, or incapacitate enemies with laughter charms? Do they speak powerful words that resonate sonic energy in the target, doing damage and dazing them? Can they cast attenuation or mimic Artramdes' sonic breath?
    Those are all just a bunch of buzz words though. How would any of that actually work in practice, and how would any of that be different than a priest or warrior doing sonic support skills?

For example, when you say "play a long lasting song effect that heals allies or debuffs/harms enemies" are we talking about some sort of channeling ability? If so, Divine Hymn does exactly the first half of that, and it's a song. Warriors can increase the health of their entire party with Commanding Shout without channeling. Shout is a Bard ability.

Yes, Warriors can incapacitate enemies by with Incapacitating Shout, and they can damage enemies by yelling at them via Dragon Roar. Priests can cause enemies to flee in terror via Psychic Scream. Finally, Halo is quite similar to Attenuation, though I will concede that that is a different ability.

Sonic Breath is the breath of fire from a blind dragon. Obviously a Priest or Warrior wouldn't be able to do that, and neither would a Bard.

Illidan uses shadowfiend and fireball. I guess we can't have Demon Hunters because one that existed in the game prior to the class had abilities from other classes. The only Monk NPCs in the game before Mists, the Scarlet Monks, used Thrash, a druid ability. I guess we can't have Monks either.
    You can have Demon Hunters, just no Demon Hunters with fireballs and shadow fiends. You can have Monks, just no Monks with thrash.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2017-07-20 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Those are all just a bunch of buzz words though. How would any of that actually work in practice, and how would any of that be different than a priest or warrior doing sonic support skills?
    That's not what buzzword means. I gave you a bunch of specific examples of spells. Priest PW/SWs and Warrior shouts do are not casted sound attacks. They don't incapacitate a single target for a long duration. They don't damage and daze a single target. They can't cast attenuation. There are no buzzwords here.

For example, when you say "play a long lasting song effect that heals allies or debuffs/harms enemies" are we talking about some sort of channeling ability? If so, Divine Hymn does exactly the first half of that, and it's a song. Warriors can increase the health of their entire party with Commanding Shout without channeling. Shout is a Bard ability.
    There are many forms it could take, let's look at some. We'll even start with the absolute closest possible to Divine Hymn, just to make you happy

1)The bard gets 4-5 song spells, each is channeled for a long duration, say 30 seconds. And can continue to attack or heal, move, and use their other spells during the song. Perhaps particularly strong abilities end the song and put a brief cooldown on it.
    Song of Healing: Heals a single injured target within 40 yards every 2 seconds
    Song of the Wind: Increases the movement and attack/casting speed of a nearby Ally by 5%, switching every 4 seconds.
    Song of Burden: Slows enemy attack speed within 40 yards by 10%
    Song of Blades: Lightly damages all enemies within 40 yards every second.

This is not a priest ability. Priests cannot do all of this with Divine Hymn. Even if we look at just Divine Hymn, they are clearly different abilities both in function (light, single target smart healing vs groupwide AoE burst healing) and in thematic (praying to the light to heal your allies, vs playing a soothing song to heal them). Divine Hymn is also a 3 minute CD ability that lasts 8 seconds. One of the earliest arguments you yourself made to defend Tinkers is that the Cooldown on Engineering items means that they are not a significant part of combat. The same is true of Divine Hymn, you MAY use it 2-3 times in a fight, it is not a main ability, but as we can clearly see, even if it were, it is nothing like the above Song.

2)Like Lucio if you play Overwatch, or Sona, who did it first. This bard flows back and forth between various songs using active abilities, using the abilities for active healing or damage and then the ensuing song as filler.
    For a healing bard (because why not, let's try and push as close to Holy Priest as we can) this might look like:

Soothing Tone: Heals your target for a high amount and activates Epic of the Aegis. Song of the Aegis reduces the target's damage taken by 10% and pulses mild healing on the target every 2 seconds.

Chord of Healing: Sends a wave of sonic energy outward in an arc, healing all allies hit, and activating The Ballad of Green fields. The Ballad of Green Fields echoes a lesser arc of healing sound forward once every 3 seconds.

Allegro: (20s CD) Increases your target's dodge chance by 20% for 3 seconds, and then activates Daylight March, increasing the target's dodge by 5% and reducing the casting speed of your next spell by 30%

Adagio: (30s CD) Slows the attack speed of the target by 40% for 4 seconds, and then activates Mournful Lament, decreasing the damage done by enemies within 40 yards by 5% and their movement speed by 20%.

As core rotation spells with additional things like
    Word of Power: Echo (45s CD) Your current song continues for 15 seconds after your next song-starting spell is cast.
    Bulwark of Sound: Ends your current song, applying a shield to your target. The shield's strength increases based on how long the ended song was played up to a maximum of X.
    Harmony: (3min CD) Releases a harmonic ring outwards, healing allies within 40 yards for 65% of the damage taken in the past 4 seconds.

Yes, Warriors can incapacitate enemies by with Incapacitating Shout, and they can damage enemies by yelling at them via Dragon Roar. Priests can cause enemies to flee in terror via Psychic Scream. Finally, Halo is quite similar to Attenuation, though I will concede that that is a different ability.

Sonic Breath is the breath of fire from a blind dragon. Obviously a Priest or Warrior wouldn't be able to do that, and neither would a Bard.
    Warriors cannot incapacitate enemies with incapacitating shout, because Incapacitating shout slows enemies, it doesn't incapacitate them, which are effects like sap. The Shout is also AoE. Dragon Roar is a high damage, short range AoE burst, not a continues caster AoE effect ala the old Demo hellfire/immolation aura. And Psychic Scream is nothing like a damaging sonic cone. I don't even know why you'd try and compare Attenuation and Halo, when they are absolutely nothing alike. You might as well try to claim Fan of Knives precludes Hurricane.

You can have Demon Hunters, just no Demon Hunters with fireballs and shadow fiends. You can have Monks, just no Monks with thrash.
    So we agree that we can have Bards, just not bards with the exact same spells as Priests or Warriors, which is fine, since I don't see a bard casting Power Words or Shadow Words, or shouting and howling.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    Wardens > this class is only related to Night Elves, I can't see how they could bring it to Hord
    They dont have to. The Blademaster would be a class only for Orcs. If they would give both classes abilities and utility that would fit on both sides, like Bloodlust, something like Darkness/Commanding Shout the classes could have a unique way of beeing played, but still wont have such strong advantages as Shamans and Paladins have had in classic

Concerning a bard. I have not played a bard. But denying the possibility just because Warriors shout and Priests have a Hymn, that seems a bit harsch to me to be honest. I havent seen a Bard in Lore of Warcraft so it would be something like the Monk, coming mostly out of nothing. But then again, Demon Hunters only had Illidan as their role model and it was hinted, that he would train them. Monks came from Chen? Or even Draenai, they came out of nothing, too. So I could see Bards join our ranks if they do it in an interesting way. But for me personally I would prefer intstruments beeing added, so that we can play songs/music for ourselfs out of combat or when a wipe is beeing called. I think Lord of the Rings online has a neat system, where you even can play real songs. I dont want to burst any bubbles, I think a bard is possible as a class if they come up with a good theme
    Last edited by Bas Prime; 2017-07-20 at 09:45 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    But on topic, Meta was a iconic spell of Dh and would not make sense a Dh without then.While i do agree they didn't need to remove from Warlocks.I want to see spells that would need to be removed in order to make a necromancer.
    • Raise Dead
    • Unholy Frenzy
    At least these two, they were the core abilities of WC3 necro and got assigned to UHDK in a manner not dissimilar to how Meta got assigned to Demo. Luckily AotD was on the DK from the start.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not what buzzword means. I gave you a bunch of specific examples of spells. Priest PW/SWs and Warrior shouts do are not casted sound attacks. They don't incapacitate a single target for a long duration. They don't damage and daze a single target. They can't cast attenuation. There are no buzzwords here.
    That's rather nit-picky don't you think? Casted sound attacks versus instant sound attacks? AoE versus Single target? What does that matter if the abilities are sound abilities that do what you're essentially requesting?

There are many forms it could take, let's look at some. We'll even start with the absolute closest possible to Divine Hymn, just to make you happy

1)The bard gets 4-5 song spells, each is channeled for a long duration, say 30 seconds. And can continue to attack or heal, move, and use their other spells during the song. Perhaps particularly strong abilities end the song and put a brief cooldown on it.
    Song of Healing: Heals a single injured target within 40 yards every 2 seconds
    Song of the Wind: Increases the movement and attack/casting speed of a nearby Ally by 5%, switching every 4 seconds.
    Song of Burden: Slows enemy attack speed within 40 yards by 10%
    Song of Blades: Lightly damages all enemies within 40 yards every second.
    So make them into Auras instead of Channeled spells? I wonder how Paladins would feel about that....

This is not a priest ability. Priests cannot do all of this with Divine Hymn. Even if we look at just Divine Hymn, they are clearly different abilities both in function (light, single target smart healing vs groupwide AoE burst healing) and in thematic (praying to the light to heal your allies, vs playing a soothing song to heal them). Divine Hymn is also a 3 minute CD ability that lasts 8 seconds. One of the earliest arguments you yourself made to defend Tinkers is that the Cooldown on Engineering items means that they are not a significant part of combat. The same is true of Divine Hymn, you MAY use it 2-3 times in a fight, it is not a main ability, but as we can clearly see, even if it were, it is nothing like the above Song.
    Well they can't do all of that with Divine Hymn because Divine Hymn is a balanced ability. And yeah, Divine Hymn is a main Priest ability. It is considered one of their essential cooldowns because its powerful as hell. Not only does it heal, it also boosts the healing of your raid. Every Holy Priest uses Divine Hymn. Saying its not a main ability is like saying Tranquility isn't a main Druid ability.

Also I wouldn't compare a viable raid CD to Engineering items being largely useless in combat.

2)Like Lucio if you play Overwatch, or Sona, who did it first. This bard flows back and forth between various songs using active abilities, using the abilities for active healing or damage and then the ensuing song as filler.
    For a healing bard (because why not, let's try and push as close to Holy Priest as we can) this might look like...
    It honestly sounds like the old Paladin auras or the old Shaman totems where you would switch between auras to get various effects. Blizzard largely did away with that play-style, and its down to only a few talents within the Paladin class. I'm not sure Blizzard would be up to reintroduce that back into the game, but who knows?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bas Prime View Post
    They dont have to. The Blademaster would be a class only for Orcs. If they would give both classes abilities and utility that would fit on both sides, like Bloodlust, something like Darkness/Commanding Shout the classes could have a unique way of beeing played, but still wont have such strong advantages as Shamans and Paladins have had in classic

Concerning a bard. I have not played a bard. But denying the possibility just because Warriors shout and Priests have a Hymn, that seems a bit harsch to me to be honest. I havent seen a Bard in Lore of Warcraft so it would be something like the Monk, coming mostly out of nothing. But then again, Demon Hunters only had Illidan as their role model and it was hinted, that he would train them. Monks came from Chen? Or even Draenai, they came out of nothing, too. So I could see Bards join our ranks if they do it in an interesting way. But for me personally I would prefer intstruments beeing added, so that we can play songs/music for ourselfs out of combat or when a wipe is beeing called. I think Lord of the Rings online has a neat system, where you even can play real songs. I dont want to burst any bubbles, I think a bard is possible as a class if they come up with a good theme
    The WoW Monk actually came out of the Pandaren Brewmaster hero:

http://classic.battle.net/war3/neutr...ewmaster.shtml

Which is why one of the Monk specs is called Brewmaster, and its sub theme is brewing drinks.

http://classic.battle.net/war3/neutr...ewmaster.shtml

Which is why one of the Monk specs is called Brewmaster, and its sub theme is brewing drinks.
    I stand corrected, thank you. But I think it underlines that they need just a theme and come up with more flavour for it. I think someone at Blizzard said once, that they have like 20 ideas for Hero Classes in a shelf. I think some of those we see in HotS but still I hope we can see a lot of more classes or specs in wow, too

Deleted
    I think there will be something Void related, like a Voidhunter, which Alleria has become, the Ethereals and her/she will be their mentors...

Every argument Teriz has issued against the Bard can all be issued against the Tinker.

Songs could be like old warrior stances, this time each spec, let's say they have two (big fan of lesser specs) healer and dps, they have a few songs for each spec. Hitting abilities in the song could change the notes/lyrics....

A lot of super cool VO and sound effects, letting Blizzard get creative with those as it pertains to a class sounds really fun.

That's rather nit-picky don't you think? Casted sound attacks versus instant sound attacks? AoE versus Single target? What does that matter if the abilities are sound abilities that do what you're essentially requesting?
    Things are only nit-picky to you when you can't figure out a way to actually argue against them. Did you really, knowingly just type that AoE and single target spells are the same? Please tell me how an instant, short range AoE slow caused by howling, is the same as a casted spell that incapacitates a single target into fits of laughter via strumming an instrument--because that is about as far away from nit-picky distinctions as you can get. A casted sound-magic spell is very different from a instant cast light spell called forth by a word.

Are we also going to pretend Shadowbolt and Shadow Word: Death are the same spell? They both have shadow in the name.

So make them into Auras instead of Channeled spells? I wonder how Paladins would feel about that....
    No, they are long-lasting channels.

Well they can't do all of that with Divine Hymn because Divine Hymn is a balanced ability. And yeah, Divine Hymn is a main Priest ability. It is considered one of their essential cooldowns because its powerful as hell. Not only does it heal, it also boosts the healing of your raid. Every Holy Priest uses Divine Hymn. Saying its not a main ability is like saying Tranquility isn't a main Druid ability.
    God you will just through any hoop to try and avoid admitting you're outright wrong. Priests can't do all of that with Divine Hymn because Divine hymn is a god damn desperate prayer to the light to heal your allies, not a set of multi purpose magical songs. It isn't a main priest ability. Something you can use, at the absolute most frequent, every 3 minutes, is not a main ability. It is an important cooldown, not part of their core rotation. Tranquility is also not a main druid ability. If you approach any Holy priest and ask them what their main abilities are, they are not going to list Divine Hymn, anything that has a CD 3 minutes long is not "main".

But at this point you're just arguing unimportant semantics and avoiding actually addressing the fact that I just showed you exactly how bards are nothing like priests or warriors at all, but you can't accept that you were wrong so instead you're trying to deflect to a non-issue. But it's okay, I'm used to this from you, you ignore the parts of posts that you can't mental gymnastic around and instead focus in on unimportant nonsense.

Also I wouldn't compare a viable raid CD to Engineering items being largely useless in combat.
    You're right. It's more like pretending that a Flash Cauldron existing means we can't have Monks.

It honestly sounds like the old Paladin auras or the old Shaman totems where you would switch between auras to get various effects. Blizzard largely did away with that play-style, and its down to only a few talents within the Paladin class. I'm not sure Blizzard would be up to reintroduce that back into the game, but who knows?
    Not really. Since Paladin auras were largely a hit once at the start of the fight and then diregard, and Shaman totems were put up 4 and forget until its time to refresh them. Neither of which is a constantly switching effect based on your active spell casts on targets or allies.

Wow monk came largely out of nowhere. Brewmaster is 4 abilities.

Storm Earth and Fire
    Breath of Fire
    Drunken Haze (Which no longer exists)
    And Drunken Brawler (which is just a passive dodge chance and chance at dealing more damage)

So the Monk class as it exists was made up entirely beyond 2 abilities. And based on a single, side mission WC3 unit with a very racial flavor.

Deleted
    Things are only nit-picky to you when you can't figure out a way to actually argue against them. Did you really, knowingly just type that AoE and single target spells are the same? Please tell me how an instant, short range AoE slow caused by howling, is the same as a casted spell that incapacitates a single target into fits of laughter via strumming an instrument--because that is about as far away from nit-picky distinctions as you can get. A casted sound-magic spell is very different from a instant cast light spell called forth by a word.

Are we also going to pretend Shadowbolt and Shadow Word: Death are the same spell? They both have shadow in the name.

God you will just through any hoop to try and avoid admitting you're outright wrong. Priests can't do all of that with Divine Hymn because Divine hymn is a god damn desperate prayer to the light to heal your allies, not a set of multi purpose magical songs. It isn't a main priest ability. Something you can use, at the absolute most frequent, every 3 minutes, is not a main ability. It is an important cooldown, not part of their core rotation. Tranquility is also not a main druid ability. If you approach any Holy priest and ask them what their main abilities are, they are not going to list Divine Hymn, anything that has a CD 3 minutes long is not "main".

But at this point you're just arguing unimportant semantics and avoiding actually addressing the fact that I just showed you exactly how bards are nothing like priests or warriors at all, but you can't accept that you were wrong so instead you're trying to deflect to a non-issue. But it's okay, I'm used to this from you, you ignore the parts of posts that you can't mental gymnastic around and instead focus in on unimportant nonsense.

You're right. It's more like pretending that a Flash Cauldron existing means we can't have Monks.

Not really. Since Paladin auras were largely a hit once at the start of the fight and then diregard, and Shaman totems were put up 4 and forget until its time to refresh them. Neither of which is a constantly switching effect based on your active spell casts on targets or allies.

Storm Earth and Fire
    Breath of Fire
    And Drunken Brawler (which is just a passive dodge chance and chance at dealing more damage)

So the Monk class as it exists was made up entirely beyond 2 abilities. And based on a single, side mission WC3 unit with a very racial flavor.
    WoW death knight came largely out of nowhere. Death knight is 4 abilities:
    • Death Coil
    • Death Pact (removed?)
    • Unholy Aura (removed?)
    • Animate Dead (renamed to Army of the Dead)

Woopsay daisay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venkel View Post
    I think there will be something Void related, like a Voidhunter, which Alleria has become, the Ethereals and her/she will be their mentors...
    Was thinking about that today, considering Blizz seems to be going the Personnal Story way, i think we could have a shadowhunter/voidhunter type of class. Story would be Sylvannas/Alleria being our personnal trainer. That would be really cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Every argument Teriz has issued against the Bard can all be issued against the Tinker.
    No it can't. The Tinker was an actual hero in WC3, and we have multiple examples of characters utilizing mechs. Also there isn't any class in the game currently utilizing Tinker abilities. As pointed out before, sonic abilities are sub themes within multiple classes.

Except such a class would need those abilities because Song/Music abilities tend to be channel abilities. You can't build an entire class around channeled abilities.
    And there you go, strawmaning again. We're not advocating for a class with nothing but channeled abilities. We're just saying that 'Word' and 'Shout' abilities are not necessarily "must-have's" for the Bard.

Except they don't have the exact same effect. Mage and Paladin shields tend to be only cartable on the caster. Priest shields can be casted on others. The Priest shields also tend to have lower cooldowns.
    So you're saying that, as long as an ability does not work exactly like another, there's no issue of overlap? Why are you even complaining, then, since we're not asking for that?

Nope. The Bard is about using sonic abilities to support itself and allies.
    No. This is you twisting the real definition. Bards use song and music in combat. And they can use it for defense, support and offense.

I don't see a Hunter fighting in a raid inside a mech, do you?
    I don't see Priests wielding a musical instrument, nor do I see Warriors singing in combat. Seriously, Teriz, your hypocrisy is so blatantly obvious it's nigh impossible to think you're not being this obtuse on purpose.

- - - Updated - - -

DnD IS where the general trope of the Bard comes from.
    ... Really? You're going to discount all the literature where the bard concept is concerned? Even the famous fairy tale of the "Pied Piper of Hamelin" is an example of a bard.

Like I said, you're not going to be able to build a class based on channeled abilities.
    We're not advocating for one. And no, we do not need 'shout'- and 'word'-named spells for the Bard. Their instant cast abilities could easily be called 'notes', for example. 'Ear-Piercing Note' could be an instant cast damage spell, 'Harmonious Note' could be an instant-cast healing spell.

Deleted
    No it can't. The Tinker was an actual hero in WC3, and we have multiple examples of characters utilizing mechs. Also there isn't any class in the game currently utilizing Tinker abilities. As pointed out before, sonic abilities are sub themes within multiple classes.
    I had to google for it, since I didn't even remember there was one. Clearly it was a major character, on par with Chen Stormstout at least. Did it have a name? Did it have a story?

Priests have Word, Hymn, Scream abilities.
    Warriors have Shout and Cry abilities.
    And they can keep all those abilities. Bard doesn't need them. Hell, considering the Priest has only one 'hymn' spell, that means the Bard could have a plethora of 'hymn' spells.

It's important to remember that the only Bard in the game
    There is more than one Bard in the game. See Hearthsinger Forresten.

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    • Raise Dead
    • Unholy Frenzy
    At least these two, they were the core abilities of WC3 necro and got assigned to UHDK in a manner not dissimilar to how Meta got assigned to Demo. Luckily AotD was on the DK from the start.
    The first one can be resolved by simply creating a spell that does the same thing with a different name like a Flash of Light and Flash Heal( or with different visual effects)

Call of the Haunted, Raise Skeleton, Raise zombie and so on.I can also argue that the "Raise Dead" theme can be expanded to multiple spells, like Demo Warlocks have Hand of Gul'dan to summon Imps and Summon felhounds.

While yes Unholy Frenzy is in the game, but as a Passive, not as the original active, i doubt people would be as upset losing a passive compared to a active.That is, if Uh actually lose that spell since you can just simply rename it and keep the effect, it would be the same passive effect but under a different name.

I had to google for it, since I didn't even remember there was one. Clearly it was a major character, on par with Chen Stormstout at least. Did it have a name? Did it have a story?
    Nope. The 'Goblin Tinker' WC3 hero never appeared in any official WC3 campaign. It was restricted purely to multi-player matches.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm saying they're both sonic-based attacks. So you desiring a single target sonic attack instead of an AoE sonic attack, or for a sonic attack to do a certain thing to a target is nit-picking.

Where did I say that any of those sonic abilities are the same? I'm simply saying that they're coming from the same school of magic. Since we don't have a verifiable Bard hero to point towards, saying you want your Bard a certain way when we have multiple classes already utilizing sonic abilities is pretty silly.

Channels don't allow you to do other actions while you're channeling the ability. If you're able to attack or use other abilities, then you're no longer channeling, you're utilizing an aura.

Any spell that a class is using in every fight is a main ability. Are you really going to argue that Healing classes don't use cooldowns in boss fights? Any guide will tell you that Divine Hymn is a pretty major part of your toolkit as a Holy Priest. Further, any healing class entering WoW is going to have a AoE heal on a moderate cooldown. Shaman have Healing Tide, Druids have Tranquility, Discipline Priests have Holy Word Barrier, Holy Priests have Divine Hymn, Monks have Revival, and Paladin have Aura Mastery.

If Blizzard ever bought a Bard into the game, they would also have such an ability. It would probably be similar to Divine Hymn.

What?

If you say so.

Storm Earth and Fire
    Breath of Fire

You're forgetting that Drunken Haze was caused by smashing a keg on enemy units. Hence, the root of the Keg smash ability. Also the entire concept of brewing drinks came out of the Brewmaster concept, since that's the lore behind Chen Stormstout. Brewing is a major sub-theme within the class. A lot is pulled from those old WC3 units.

- - - Updated - - -

Clearly it was Gazlowe. The original model for Gazlowe was the sapper, and they brought in the Tinker late in WC3's development, and simply never updated the model. This is why when Blizzard created Heroes of the Storm, Gazlowe was the Tinker hero;

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And there you go, strawmaning again. We're not advocating for a class with nothing but channeled abilities.
    Hitei is.

So you're saying that, as long as an ability does not work exactly like another, there's no issue of overlap? Why are you even complaining, then, since we're not asking for that?
    Where was I complaining? I was answering your question.

No. This is you twisting the real definition. Bards use song and music in combat. And they can use it for defense, support and offense.
    Song and music isn't the only thing they can use. Bards also use shouts, screams, and other abilities.

I don't see Priests wielding a musical instrument, nor do I see Warriors singing in combat. Seriously, Teriz, your hypocrisy is so blatantly obvious it's nigh impossible to think you're not being this obtuse on purpose.
    Priests do sing in combat. A Hymn is a song. The only Bard in the game with an ability just happens to also possess a Hymn.

I think HotS is a pretty good source for hero classes. Just a little tweaking and some of those heroes could be classes or specs in wow.