Page 66 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You mean that when you say Trump talked about adoption, he talked about Russian response to Magnitsky act? This is a strange way to admit that they were discussing sanctions...
    Everytime Russians talk with Americans it's about sanctions, no matter what they discuss there are sanctions (and/or laws) about that! :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Everytime Russians talk with Americans it's about sanctions, no matter what they discuss there are sanctions (and/or laws) about that! :P
    Um, no, but when they talk about adoption, they're talking about sanctions because adoption was part of the sanctions.

10+ Year Old Account
    What? Now you are going to claim that it's impossible to talk to Russia about anything, but sanctions? That's a bizarre stance to take for you... I thought you were the sort that mocked people, by saying buying vodka made you collude with Russia?

I guess I'm glad we agree, Trump jr did go to discuss sanctions in return for info on Hillary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Um, no, but when they talk about adoption, they're talking about sanctions because adoption was part of the sanctions.
    Just agree with him. He admitted that adoption is tied to Magnitsky act. If he wants to say that means all communication with Russia is like this, all power to him. It doesn't work as sarcasm, when you combine it with what he said on this page.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

What? Now you are going to claim that it's impossible to talk to Russia about anything, but sanctions? That's a bizarre stance to take for you... I thought you were the sort that mocked people, by saying buying vodka made you collude with Russia?
    Well, you're the ones saying that Russians cannot talk about adoption without talking about sanctions...

Taking it to logical conclusion, talking about food is talking about sanctions (because Russia imposed them on food), talking about tech gadgets is talking about sanctions (because US forbidden some exports), talking about free press can also be about sanctions in that regard, really, there wouldn't be much left.

I guess I'm glad we agree, Trump jr did go to discuss sanctions in return for info on Hillary.
    He didn't seem to "discuss" it as much as listen about them.

Pfftt... 'let's talk about adoptions' meeting sounds a lot fucking different when it becomes 'let's talk about illicitly obtained dirt on Clinton and lifting your sanctions'.
    Because only a fucking tool..or typical Trump zealot, believes that kind of bullshit...that Jr. was oh-so-interested in "adoptions."

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you're the ones saying that Russians cannot talk about adoption without talking about sanctions...
    Yeah, me saying it, involves copy and pasting you saying as much.

Taking it to logical conclusion, talking about food is talking about sanctions (because Russia imposed them on food), talking about tech gadgets is talking about sanctions (because US forbidden some exports), talking about free press can also be about sanctions in that regard, really, there wouldn't be much left.
    No, that's not logical at all. It's absurd on a massive scale. Just because you claim that adoption was "foremost in response to Magnitsky act. Everything else you are doing is expressing the extent of your imagination. I can make shit up if I wanted to as well, but I don't need to.

He didn't seem to "discuss" it as much as listen about them.
    Sure, let's see the FBI report in the Hillary information he "listened" to, while also listening to adoption info. Oh wait, instead of reporting Hillary to FBI, he chose to "listen" instead... not a good job "listening" either, since he forgot that the meeting happened, what was discussed and who was there.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

No, that's not logical at all. It's absurd on a massive scale. Just because you claim that adoption was "foremost in response to Magnitsky act. Everything else you are doing is expressing the extent of your imagination. I can make shit up if I wanted to as well, but I don't need to.
    Nor do i.

Sure, let's see the FBI report in the Hillary information he "listened" to, while also listening to adoption info. Oh wait, instead of reporting Hillary to FBI, he chose to "listen" instead... not a good job "listening" either, since he forgot that the meeting happened, what was discussed and who was there.
    How could he "report Hillary" if he had nothing to report? :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Pfftt... 'let's talk about adoptions' meeting sounds a lot fucking different when it becomes 'let's talk about illicitly obtained dirt on Clinton and lifting your sanctions'.
    Because only a fucking tool..or typical Trump zealot, believes that kind of bullshit...that Jr. was oh-so-interested in "adoptions."
    It's important to note that he was talking about adoption. Because it gives you what Russia wanted, in exchange for dirt on Hillary. Both parts are very important, because neither the Russians or Trump jr contacted authorities about Hillary. Meaning, the meeting was not about getting the truth on Hillary, but doing for Trump jr only. If it wasn't about getting law enforcement to review the info Russia had on Hillary, what was then the point? Which is where adoption explains it, because unlike law enforcement, Trump jr can actually promise something in return for the info. Unlike law enforcement, Trump jr, Manafort and Kushner could give Russia something if Trump won. Adoption or the Magnitsky act that even @Shalcker admits are tied to each other, was the reason why Trump jr was contacted and why neither contacted the FBI.

- - - Updated - - -

Nor do i.
    Yet, you did... talking about food, means discussing sanctions? That whole paragraph is your imagination. Since we are discussing a specific sanction you even agreed was the motivation behind adoption ban, your obfuscation of the issue by literally and explicitly making shit up, is just your imagination.

Wait a few posts before denying it, people can still see your bullshit, without being too lazy to click the previous page.

How could he "report Hillary" if he had nothing to report? :/
    How about forwarding the letter he revealed last week to FBI, before the meeting? You know, so Trump jr isn't the one evaluating if their info is legitimate. So FBI can investigate Russian government claiming to have access to incriminating evidence. So the media would now report Hillary ties to Russia are being investigated. So people like you could point to the email Trump jr sent to FBI as evidence Russia had something on Hillary, instead of wondering what Trump jr was actually discussing.

You know, Trump jr could have done both, the most logical and beneficial thing for his team, if he just released that email to the press before the meeting. There is only one reason to not do it, which is because you didn't want anyone to know about it.

5+ Year Old Account
    There needs to be a "please no feeding the Russian trolls" sign around the political forum.

besides this illegal meeting, senators are suggesting they may be aware of others. Going to interesting to see him sweat in front of congress.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvei View Post
    There needs to be a "please no feeding the Russian trolls" sign around the political forum.
    Don't feed the trolls? What would we do? This forum would die immediately.

Yet, you did... talking about food, means discussing sanctions? That whole paragraph is your imagination. Since we are discussing a specific sanction you even agreed was the motivation behind adoption ban, your obfuscation of the issue by literally and explicitly making shit up, is just your imagination.
    Which issue exactly is being "obfuscated" here? :/

Look, this particular episode was connected to Magnitsky Act directly. Because it involved lawyer working for those affected by related activity.

Adoptions were only brought up because lawyer that dealt with Magnitsky Act also brought them up.

And now we have Trump discussing very same adoptions with Putin at some point too; conspiracy theory just writes itself :P

How about forwarding the letter he revealed last week to FBI, before the meeting?
    How often does that actually happen?

From what i see pretty much never.

Once people actually receive something sometimes it gets turned to FBI.

So FBI can investigate Russian government claiming to have access to incriminating evidence.
    Trump Jr is not FBI agent to do their job, he wasn't under investigation, he wasn't contacted to help FBI, so he had no obligations to report it to FBI.

So the media would now report Hillary ties to Russia are being investigated.
    There was plenty of that with Uranium One, and that one had much bigger trail then this.

...and we all know how it went.

So people like you could point to the email Trump jr sent to FBI as evidence Russia had something on Hillary, instead of wondering what Trump jr was actually discussing.
    World isn't fair, we don't have perfect information.

You know, Trump jr could have done both, the most logical and beneficial thing for his team, if he just released that email to the press before the meeting. There is only one reason to not do it, which is because you didn't want anyone to know about it.
    How exactly it would be beneficial for him to reveal at the time "Russians supposedly contacted us to give info then didn't give any"? He isn't running for any position that would require being honest and above the board, so I see only downsides.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    *tinfoil hat mode on* Does one have to be publicly politically active to be a spy?
    If that question had anything to do with my post, I'd consider answering it.

But it doesn't, and it's a very, very, very low effort, sad attempt at continued deflection. Very sad.

1. Because Trump has ever proven to be honest in like...ever?

2. Still doesn't address his failure to adhere to National Security protocol during the meeting. Last I heard, failure to follow security protocols was seriously enough to disqualify someone from the presidency.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    1. Because Trump has ever proven to be honest in like...ever?
    What, do you think he is covering Jr by saying "btw, i also talked to Putin about adoptions"? Well, that is possible.

Are there any photos of Melania actually sitting near Putin on that event? Did it really happen?

2. Still doesn't address his failure to adhere to National Security protocol during the meeting. Last I heard, failure to follow security protocols was seriously enough to disqualify someone from the presidency.
    Wait, there is "National Security Protocol" that random billionaires at international events have to follow?

Can you link it to me?

What, do you think he is covering Jr by saying "btw, i also talked to Putin about adoptions"? Well, that is possible.
    YES

Are there any photos of Melania actually sitting near Putin on that event? Did it really

Wait, there is "National Security Protocol" that random billionaires at international events have to follow?

Can you link it to me?
    You...realize this was at the G20...right? Meaning that Trump was president and shit. Like, this was literally 2 weeks ago.

If you don't believe me, here's some video of him at the dinner - http://www.newsweek.com/watch-donald...r-table-639536

Doesn't show where Melania sat during the meeting, but if I'm recalling other reporting correctly she was not present for the discussion with Putin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Don't feed the trolls? What would we do? This forum would die immediately.
    I try to avoid 'I agree posts'... but, no shit... if everyone posted constructively, arguments wouldn't last more than a page.

- - - Updated - - -

Which issue exactly is being "obfuscated" here? :/
    The fact that unlike any discussion of food, this was a discussion of sanctions... according to you.

Look, this particular episode was connected to Magnitsky Act directly. Because it involved lawyer working for those affected by related activity.

Adoptions were only brought up because lawyer that dealt with Magnitsky Act also brought them up.
    ... yep, yep ...

And now we have Trump discussing very same adoptions with Putin at some point too; conspiracy theory just writes itself :P

How often does that actually happen?
    Uhm... because of what you claim was "only" why adoption was brought up. I think you are confusing your self...

From what i see pretty much never.
    That's the definition of bias, blind bias when you consider what you say actually happened.

Once people actually receive something sometimes it gets turned to FBI.

Trump Jr is not FBI agent to do their job, he wasn't under investigation, he wasn't contacted to help FBI, so he had no obligations to report it to FBI.
    He is under every obligation to contact FBI with reported incriminating evidence of Hillary by Russia. Most people don't send money to a Nigerian prince asking for it in email and those who do, without contacting authorities because they wanted the pay off that blindly, deserve what they get. In this case, Trump jr choosing to not report this to FBI, creating a specter of collusion.

Remember, being stupid isn't an excuse... don't send money to the Nigerian prince, don't get treated like a baboon.

There was plenty of that with Uranium One, and that one had much bigger trail then this.

...and we all know how it went.
    Yeah, reaching all the way into Canada and Hillary having no way to get it passed without 9 agencies, spanning two countries. Tell me all of the agencies that kept Trump jr from going to the meeting by his own choice?

World isn't fair, we don't have perfect information.
    We do have information that Trump jr chose to not share this with FBI. Trump jr chose to keep this meeting between Trump's team and Russia alone. You can whine about the world not being fair, but your weeping false flat when your whole stance is justifying the fact we don't have the information, because Trump jr chose to keep it to his team only.

How exactly it would be beneficial for him to reveal at the time "Russians supposedly contacted us to give info then didn't give any"? He isn't running for any position that would require being honest and above the board, so I see only downsides.
    How would Trump jr know they didn't have the info before the meeting? I said, repeatedly, that he should have revealed this to media and FBI before the meeting. So your quote would be "we reveal that Russia claims to have info to incriminate Hillary and have contacted the FBI". When did Trump jr become an expert on what is legitimate and what isn't, when it comes to Hillary pay off with Russia?

[font=comic sans ms][url=http://www.npr.org/sections/money/2017/07/14/537304186/episode-784-meeting-the-russians]Meeting the Russians...Which leads to GOP Lawmaker Following orders from Moscow

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    Ouch, objectively, some people are going to get hit by this.

I still believe that Trump himself is unrelated to this. Trump JR and Kushner, however...

I'll wait to see what comes out of this, but it seems that perhaps there's something interesting coming out of this after all.

EDIT: This oddly reminds me of Scooby-Doo.
    Over his lifetime, Trump has been the subject of hundreds of investigations and lawsuits, but it's always someone else who gets punished. One of his managers, one of his business partners, sometimes even his own lawyer. So being a free, independently thinking human being, why has Trump been the center man for so much stuff, but it's always someone else that the crime gets linked to?

We call those "fall men". If Trump is a master of anything, it's distancing himself from the crime he's orchestrated.

But remember Al Capone, he orchestrated a lot of crime, and they never could pin it on him either. Ironically, it looks like tax fraud is what might ultimately bring Trump down.

- - - Updated - - -

I try to avoid 'I agree posts'... but, no shit... if everyone posted constructively, arguments wouldn't last more than a page.
    "Democrats never criticized Obama!"

"Sure we did, it's just that whenever we agreed with the right on something about Obama, the thread dropped to page 3 within a few minutes because threads don't have 50 pages of "I agree with you" "I agree with you too!""

The issues that everyone agrees on never remain relevant threads for long. The only reason this thread is still a hot topic is because we have:

1. "TRUMP DIDN'T MEET WITH PUTIN"
    2. "TRUMP JR DIDN'T MEET WITH RUSSIAN OFFICIALS"
    3. "There's nothing wrong with meeting with Russian officials about colluding to take down your political enemy"
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    1. "TRUMP DIDN'T MEET WITH PUTIN"
    2. "TRUMP JR DIDN'T MEET WITH RUSSIAN OFFICIALS"
    3. "There's nothing wrong with meeting with Russian officials about colluding to take down your political enemy"
    4. "There's nothing wrong with getting laundered Russian money for your businesses just before you try to remove Russian sanctions and stop opposing Russian military interests in Syria, Ukraine and Iran. And North Korea maybe that one's still ongoing."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    4. "There's nothing wrong with getting laundered Russian money for your businesses just before you try to remove Russian sanctions and stop opposing Russian military interests in Syria, Ukraine and Iran. And North Korea maybe that one's still ongoing."
    The Republican cycle of enabling Trump is much like the cycle of grief. It just has 3 steps.

Denial: "FAKE NEWS!"
    Deflection: "BUTTER EMAILS!"
    Acceptance: "It's perfectly fine for Trump to do this thing that's highly illegal.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"