Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    So what? It's still pretty sad to be glad about someone suffering from cancer - or even worse, wish it upon them. We are talking about a life-threatening illness here, not about giving someone a slap on the wrist because we don't like what they are doing.
    Sorry but if you as a senator have been pushing for more wars and more bombings that would and have killed ton of civilians then that person getting cancer isn't even close to evening the karma scale.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...ack-map-syria/

You should never celebrate somebody's dead/ilness but then at the same time you shouldn't be mourning him either when they have allot of blood on their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    more tweets about the Arnold.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Arguably an even more childish statement than the last.
    It's still a step up from what you normally post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    You should never celebrate somebody's dead/ilness but then at the same time you shouldn't be mourning him either when they have allot of blood on their hands.
    I mean, if someone doesn't like him, that's their prerogative. But then there is always the option to be tactful about it and just not say anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    I mean, if someone doesn't like him, that's their prerogative. But then there is always the option to be tactful about it and just not say anything.
    This is the internet, what is tact?

But also I think people are incapable of separating the politics from the man. A lot of the "karma" people seem to think they're the same when they aren't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Typical liberal responses..."herp derp cancer sucks but we still fucking hate you!"
    I'm sure you'd be singing the praises of Pelosi if its announced she has cancer tomorrow

10+ Year Old Account
    Do make-a-wish accept wishes that involve invading Iran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    I would have the decency to not proclaim my distaste for her views in a thread about her cancer, so there's that.
    Oh how virtuous of you. All the venom and bullshit you'd spit any other day but you stopped for one minute to show faux respect. Give me a break.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    My only concern is why this was presented just a couple days ago as "just a blood clot, nothing more serious". That seems like a really weird thing to do when there's a strong possibility of cancer being involved.

Cancer's a bitch, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Hopefully McCain retires, not because I want him out (I doubt I'll like his replacement any better, and I had some respect for the guy, back before the Palin debacle at least), but because he's had an illustrious-enough career as it is, and his health is more important than his job.
    He is 80, he should have retired after what happened 2008 for sure (if only we had known how Bush would have behaved... I'd say he could have won the 2000 elections using a time machine)

War hero and whatnot I never liked him nor his political ideas, however, I agree 100% not wishing this to my worse enemy comments. Terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    This is the internet, what is tact?

But also I think people are incapable of separating the politics from the man. A lot of the "karma" people seem to think they're the same when they aren't.
    Dharma and Karma police should be lurking the interwebs for sure.

http://www.differencebetween.net/mis...rma-and-karma/
    Last edited by mmoc3b4b68ecda; 2017-07-20 at 02:06 PM.

He had a good run, he's 80 after all. But the type of cancer he had has a pretty bad prognosis. He should have retired a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I am more of since they have no term limits most of the time the only way to get a fresh face in there is for them to move on.

- - - Updated - - -

Childish maybe, a jest for sure, get over it.
    Then make a push to vote that in. You saying them dying is good is just as bad as people wishing Trump died because they don't like the electoral college.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Oh how virtuous of you. All the venom and bullshit you'd spit any other day but you stopped for one minute to show faux respect. Give me a break.
    He's right though. You can spew all that you want about a person's stances although she's been winning points with me lately, but it isn't faux bullshit to cross a line like people are in this thread. Your personal life is not your political life and should be respected as such.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    He would have one without being a senator
    I mean assuming you mean Tricare for life rather than VA which is at times worse than some medicaid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    He's right though. You can spew all that you want about a person's stances although she's been winning points with me lately, but it isn't faux bullshit to cross a line like people are in this thread. Your personal life is not your political life and should be respected as such.
    Well I'm not wishing death upon the guy I simply want him to retire and if this is whats finally going to do it, as awful as it is, then that's the way its going to be. Politicians are not regular people or some random celebrity, their choices and actions affect thousands if not millions of peoples lives in serious ways so I'm not going to overlook that because he got a very shitty form of cancer.

Then make a push to vote that in. You saying them dying is good is just as bad as people wishing Trump died because they don't like the electoral college.

- - - Updated - - -

No, just pointing out the flaw with political parties. For instance, if a Whig congressman was in a heavy Whig voting district they would never get beaten by a Republican or Democrat even though they could be more qualified, even if the Whiger was an idiot. No other Whig would ever run against them so we're stuck with them until they decide to retire or die.

So why my comment was in jest, as I actually don't wish cancer on anyone (except for Nancy Pelosi), it was more to show it's the only way we will ever get rid of some congressmen.

Well I'm not wishing death upon the guy I simply want him to retire and if this is whats finally going to do it, as awful as it is, then that's the way its going to be. Politicians are not regular people or some random celebrity, their choices and actions affect thousands if not millions of peoples lives in serious ways so I'm not going to overlook that because he got a very shitty form of cancer.
    I actually think they need better monitoring in terms of healthcare rather than the rest of us considering the fact that brain tumors can in fact cause erratic behavior as well as a plethora of other diseases that can do similar. Most of them can be controlled via monitoring, but if you have someone in government such as a senator or SCJ that has something as simple as a vitamin deficiency which can cause unusual behavior that hasn't been to the doctor to find out about it, it can be a problem. You can be old and healthy and still work fine as a Senator. It's just you need your health monitored.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    No, just pointing out the flaw with political parties. For instance, if a Whig congressman was in a heavy Whig voting district they would never get beaten by a Republican or Democrat even though they could be more qualified, even if the Whiger was an idiot. No other Whig would ever run against them so we're stuck with them until they decide to retire or die.

So why my comment was in jest, as I actually don't wish cancer on anyone (except for Nancy Pelosi), it was more to show it's the only way we will ever get rid of some congressmen.
    Shouldn't even be wishing cancer upon her.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually think they need better monitoring in terms of healthcare rather than the rest of us considering the fact that brain tumors can in fact cause erratic behavior as well as a plethora of other diseases that can do similar. Most of them can be controlled via monitoring, but if you have someone in government such as a senator or SCJ that has something as simple as a vitamin deficiency which can cause unusual behavior that hasn't been to the doctor to find out about it, it can be a problem. You can be old and healthy and still work fine as a Senator. It's just you need your health monitored.
    No argument there. If we're not going to put age limits then at the very least make sure they're all actually healthy and of sound mind.

No argument there. If we're not going to put age limits then at the very least make sure they're all actually healthy and of sound mind.
    At least in this case, this cancer doesn't seem to be the type that could have already been causing any sort of mental problems. My grandmother had a brain tumor when my mom was 18 and there were really no signs before it was too late. Luckily for McCain he's been having intermittent health issues so they probably caught this at a reasonable time to allow some room for treatment. Much less you know damn well as a senator he's going to get some of the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least in this case, this cancer doesn't seem to be the type that could have already been causing any sort of mental problems. My grandmother had a brain tumor when my mom was 18 and there were really no signs before it was too late. Luckily for McCain he's been having intermittent health issues so they probably caught this at a reasonable time to allow some room for treatment. Much less you know damn well as a senator he's going to get some of the best.
    Idk he was acting really weird during the Comey hearing so that could have been a sign but they said it was exhaustion or something which could also explain it.

Idk he was acting really weird during the Comey hearing so that could have been a sign but they said it was exhaustion or something which could also explain it.
    Can't seem to find where it was located exactly since the other thing is certain lobes are for certain things. One area you could have a tumor and simply have memory or motor function hindered instead of actual thought processes that control emotion and rationale.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Reasonable?

Please mention a single war that Senator McCain was against, calling him reasonable is a bit to much
    I meant reasonable for a republican.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't seem to find where it was located exactly since the other thing is certain lobes are for certain things. One area you could have a tumor and simply have memory or motor function hindered instead of actual thought processes that control emotion and rationale.
    He had a blood clot removed above his left eye and that's near the frontal lobes and those are pretty important but I'd be lying if I said I knew what they do exactly.