Poll: Nerf T19 and compensate with overall dmg buffs?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Well, OP is right. But the issue is, that its more of a symptom of the issues, moreso than the core issue.
    As a frostmage, chances are, ill be running 4set 2set til KJ dies on mythic. Even with 940+ items on both my 2set spot with optimal stats, they arent upgrades over 905 NH tier. And even if they were, lets say equal, wich they arent, i still wouldnt use it, due to how the 2set just makes the whole rotation much smoother and more interactive. Atleast for frost-mages, theres no direct interaction to our procs from any stats other than haste, due to more casts. But that means any such thing that increases the chance of us NOT casting fucking shit frostbolt, will be insanely inflated in value to a point where it isnt even funny. The issue isnt that the 2 set is good. The issue is that stats are so god damn awful for some specs. Most specs with high scaling arent running 2set.. But those without any, will continue to do so.

Fix the scaling, add interaction between the spec and the stats you get. And youll not see any run around in shit ilevel 2set from previous tiers.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dredglol View Post
    Soo I just wanted to make an alt but I realized that I'll never get into Mythic Nighthold to farm T19 since:
    a) my guild doesn't run it anymore
    b) pugging it won't be an option on my lowpop server

It basically means that my alt will never be on par with others since I'll be lacking Mythic T19 set pieces. (unless you get a high procc from HC..)

Should Blizzard nerf T19 and compensate the damage loss with %overall dmg buffs?

Try to answer from a new players standpoint. (many of us have mythic T19 gear and don't care)
    So Blizzard should nerf tier sets because you're incompetent and can't pug M Nh? Ok
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Gum View Post
    Well, OP is right. But the issue is, that its more of a symptom of the issues, moreso than the core issue.
    As a frostmage, chances are, ill be running 4set 2set til KJ dies on mythic. Even with 940+ items on both my 2set spot with optimal stats, they arent upgrades over 905 NH tier. And even if they were, lets say equal, wich they arent, i still wouldnt use it, due to how the 2set just makes the whole rotation much smoother and more interactive. Atleast for frost-mages, theres no direct interaction to our procs from any stats other than haste, due to more casts. But that means any such thing that increases the chance of us NOT casting fucking shit frostbolt, will be insanely inflated in value to a point where it isnt even funny. The issue isnt that the 2 set is good. The issue is that stats are so god damn awful for some specs. Most specs with high scaling arent running 2set.. But those without any, will continue to do so.

Fix the scaling, add interaction between the spec and the stats you get. And youll not see any run around in shit ilevel 2set from previous tiers.

Eh it just really depends. For frost for example it's more because t20 set is already insanely strong so giving it more uptime is crazy good since ice lance scales so hard. That on top of the fact the optimal lego setup is bracers shard means we're not penalized in any meaningful way for taking 4pc 2pc (not to mention you can't really quantify the added bonus of having orb just line up with add spawns/mechanics better). We're definitely one of the outlier specs in that regard along with havoc who just gets straight up 8% raw crit on their highest dmg ability (nice 2% nerf blizz xd).

Yes. I hate that 4t20+2t19 is BiS for boomies, and I really just have no desire to run NH again.

Nerf because you don't have it? lol k

What they should do when they release a new tier is incorporate previous set bonuses into the artifact with additional traits.

That way nobody ever loses anything they've gotten used to playing with, and they can balance based on the assumption that everyone has it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    What they should do when they release a new tier is incorporate previous set bonuses into the artifact with additional traits.

That way nobody ever loses anything they've gotten used to playing with, and they can balance based on the assumption that everyone has it.
    that would be good idea/change imo.

Deleted
    The Gul'dan trinket is also very problematic for many caster specs. And CoF of course but at least it and Arcanocrystal do not benefit as much from a high ilvl roll.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Oh. I was always under the assumption it was (A) a young feminine male or (B) someone that turns off XP and gets BIS for that bracket.
    Twink doesn't have to be feminine. It's a young hairless thin/toned gay man.

Having gone from 4-set T19 to T20 4-set on my hunter, rather large ilvl difference as well, and I barely see an upgrade to my dps, I'd say that T19 was in some cases way too good, or the new tier bonuses are just that shite.

Quote Originally Posted by Dredglol View Post
    b) pugging it won't be an option on my lowpop server
    You realize it's cross-realm now, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    You realize it's cross-realm now, right?
    I just did

Deleted
    Can't be done. Nerfing T19 2p for BM by buffing abilities inherently means that Dire Frenzy builds will become OP, unless you only buff Stomp, which would make it OP again.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The whole titanforge system is just shit.

We shifted away from 10m/25m raids because Blizzard said it made people feel like they have to do both.

Now with rng titanforge, I know too many people who run heroic and normal in hopes something titanforge into what they need.

Sure, they plow it really fast but there's no reason at all we shifted from set gear in the past to an "oh boy, I hope my bis item drops, titanforge and has a socket!" Then it drops, doesn't titanforge and isn't better than your titanforge nighthold gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Flazian View Post
    Eh it just really depends. For frost for example it's more because t20 set is already insanely strong so giving it more uptime is crazy good since ice lance scales so hard. That on top of the fact the optimal lego setup is bracers shard means we're not penalized in any meaningful way for taking 4pc 2pc (not to mention you can't really quantify the added bonus of having orb just line up with add spawns/mechanics better). We're definitely one of the outlier specs in that regard along with havoc who just gets straight up 8% raw crit on their highest dmg ability (nice 2% nerf blizz xd).
    If Shard and Bracers are BIS depends on your current gear and what ilvl your T19 is at. For me Helm+Shard does about 20k more dps than T19 2pc + 4pc with shard/bracers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    Yes. I hate that 4t20+2t19 is BiS for boomies, and I really just have no desire to run NH again.
    T19 should be nerfed for Balance without any compensation because its one of the strongest ranged specs for progression currently.