Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    I'm all for sub-races, but Tuskarr isn't really a sub-race of anything else...

Now that i think about it; I want tuskarr playable race!
    Orc x walrus = Tuskarr!
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    Orc x walrus = Tuskarr!
    Nah, troll (tusks and stuff) + dwarf (body and hair) = tuskarr.

What a bunch of crap.

If they introduces sub races, and they will you can bet on it but not for the next xpac, would been actually races that we already befriended or help.

Like dunno Nightfallen for BELF and NELF
    Or Highmountain - Tunaka - Yanguol for Tauren

Not that shitty list

Rofl elf centaur aka dryad

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    To be fair, the races on the list for the most part are plausible from a lore perspective. Gameplay wise, I doubt we would see a Keeper or a Dryad become playable. Any of the issues which people bring up with Naga are further complicated by them.
    Big Barbarian Humans - Vrykul? Ok
    Centaur Elves - Plz no
    Stone Dwarf - You meant Earthen
    Corrupted Dranei like Akama - No, maybe Eredar
    Buff Worgen - Doesn't make sense
    Mecha Gnomes - Plausible like Earthen
    Half Ogre Orcs - Mok'nathal like Rexxar are extinct, Rexxar is the last one.
    Buff Forest Trolls - Wut
    Bison Tauren - Plausible
    Human-like Undead - Like Nanthos?
    Undead Elves - Crapshit
    Fatty Goblins - Crapshit
    Tuskarr! - Don't drugs

Do really 4 or 5 are plausible, the rest are just crapshit or a vague customization from the barber shop

I really want sub-races, and a lot of examples out there wouldn't be to hard for Blizzard to implement, dwarf and orcs clans come to mind, as it in it's simplest form is just adding colored skin. That seems easier to do by just adding more options in character creation.

But outside of that any sub race is just a new race. And not all playable races have good substantial reasons for a subraces, worgen are a prime example.

Tauren could get Taunka, you say? Well those models are not good enough in comparison to current model for playable races and also need female models made. That issue extends to forest trolls and broken (krokul) as well. No differing female model and sub-par male models.

Another problem is Blizzard, if they decided to create all new models (which I'd love). They as a company aren't just going to plop Taunka in Mulgore, and that's it, they are going to want to give them at the 1-5 experience to explain why now they are in the horde, even though back in Wrath we had a ceremony swearing them in.

Another issue that's more likely to upset players is sub-race/class combos. Taunka lore would,have to really stretch to get them priest and Paladins; not to mention they might not have Druidism. Mag'har orcs can't be warlocks and there is no lore to support mages either.

Racial mounts are something to consider, not all subraces use same mounts culturally.

By the end of the system (which I want) your looking at about at minimum of 6 or 7 new (sub)races, in one form or another, per faction.

Let's not use wod for gathering extra lore or race plz.

We already have Yrel UA and MU plz.

Broken Draenei - I can't really see people playing them.
    Eredar - For sure.
    Keepers and Dryad ARE NOT ELVES they are sons and daughter of a demigod that is the son of 2 "gods" the fact that resemble an elf on the upper part doesn't make a proof tbh.
    Mok'nathal are gone since a while, and during wod not even once was found, otherwise there is a small village of them in blade arena (where is Rexxar father) but they are just brownie orcs, nothing amazing
    Forest Troll - are just updated model of current trolls, more bulky but then you have to make any sub races of troll.
    Undead Elves - if they are dark ranges they can't be other than hunters, so bye bye other classes

So really. We have at best 5 sub races ok the rest are just lucid dream

Humans >vrykul
    NightElves >nightborne
    Dwarves >dark iron
    Gnomes >mechagnomes
    Draenei >Man'ari Eredar

Orcs >Mag'har
    darkspear > forest troll
    Taurens > taunka
    Forsaken >Undead like nathanos
    blood elves >Different colors of eyes

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sdcomiccon2017 View Post
    Next Expansion will add a Sub Race for every Race

Saw some screen shots, I can't prove their authenticity but I trust the source - and they would be the most dedicated fakes otherwise. My wow lore isn't great but I'm sure some of you will understand the story behind these

Big Barbarian Humans
    Centaur Elves
    Stone Dwarf
    Corrupted Dranei like Akama
    Buff Worgen
    Mecha Gnomes
    Half Ogre Orcs
    Buff Forest Trolls
    Bison Tauren
    Human-like Undead
    Undead Elves
    Fatty Goblins
    Tuskarr!

In addition there is tons of customization stuff for the normal races. Lots of haircuts and beards and skin colors etc for everybody. Orcs are getting a different animation where they kind of look like Thrall
    So just regular Forsaken-undead... ok.

Additionally, how are "buff" variations of the current race considered a "sub-race" optimization?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Humans >vrykul
    NightElves >nightborne
    Dwarves >dark iron
    Gnomes >mechagnomes
    Draenei >Man'ari Eredar

Orcs >Mag'har
    darkspear > forest troll
    Taurens > taunka
    Forsaken >Undead like nathanos
    blood elves >Different colors of eyes
    Could always give High Elfs to night elves since people been begging for years tbh

No it won't.

Imagine the oceans of tears of players thinking they'd be "forced" to buy a race change. And you could really put a little more effort into your shitty fanfic.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2017-07-20 at 02:10 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    ye, and trump is prime evil diablo.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    No it won't.

Imagine the oceans of tears of players thinking they'd be "forced" to buy a race change. And you could really put a little more effort into your shitty fanfic.
    why would anyone feel forced to race change?

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    No way Blizzard would go back and redo all the older armor sets just to fit these whacky ideas for sub races. If there are sub races they'll simply have a different skin tone and minor new features but the same basic skeleton/model.

Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    Could always give High Elfs to night elves since people been begging for years tbh
    The thalassian elves are the most played race of the horde and were put in the horde to balance the factions.

Do not make this a high elves discucion who always ruin all topics

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ehuehuecopter View Post
    Let's not use wod for gathering extra lore or race plz.

We already have Yrel UA and MU plz.

Broken Draenei - I can't really see people playing them.
    Eredar - For sure.
    Keepers and Dryad ARE NOT ELVES they are sons and daughter of a demigod that is the son of 2 "gods" the fact that resemble an elf on the upper part doesn't make a proof tbh.
    Mok'nathal are gone since a while, and during wod not even once was found, otherwise there is a small village of them in blade arena (where is Rexxar father) but they are just brownie orcs, nothing amazing
    Forest Troll - are just updated model of current trolls, more bulky but then you have to make any sub races of troll.
    Undead Elves - if they are dark ranges they can't be other than hunters, so bye bye other classes

So really. We have at best 5 sub races ok the rest are just lucid dream
    Forest trolls is the only logical option because there are forest trolls inside the horde (Revantusk)

No, you didn't. Your leak is bs.

You "new expansion leaks" people aren't even trying anymore.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-07-20 at 02:40 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lol this will be hilarious if it was true... mostly Draenei wanna something cool like Eredar, but we got instead the ugly version of us

Could be a good time investment for the Art Division, spend time working on something very few would appreciate and not on something that many wanted. D
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

would be great that satyrs can also be sub race of the night elves

Guys, I just got off the horn with Blizzard execs, we had a long meeting about the next expansion and it's actually Northrentwo and we'll be fighting Bolvar. The entire zone will be redone to resemble what Dearhwing did do the rest of Azeroth. Arthas will be resurrected because ICC was merely a setback.

The first patch will be us invading Northrend as one faction, there is no more faction difference, we're all the same now. We invade we realize Sylvanas wants to be the Lich Queen so she turns on us and escapes to ICC. So we'll be seeing ICC as the first raid this time around, it'll last it's 14 months again for some nostalgia. After that the next patch will be Naxx 3.0 where we do the same fights again and again and we'll have Tier 3 redone for a second time, but this time the Monk and Demon Hunter Tier will look even worse than the Tier 6 models they were given.

Patch 8.3 we finish it off and head to Outerlands where we suspect an old threat was been hanging around. That's right, Kael'thas is back. We'll fight him again and it'll take us into 9.0 where we go to the Brokener Isles and fight what left of the Burning Legion we thought we abolished.

Northrendtwo will feature new races, and a new class. The new class is the Tinkerer. Which just means everyone is given Engineering at max level. The new races will be Pandaren/Elf hybrids and the second race will be Troggs.

There will only be 3 new zones for leveling and will scale with your level.

Upon hitting 120 everyone will be given their 2 BiS Legendaries. Logging in every day will auto complete all Emmisary quests, to make sure everyone is at their maximum potential, all items will be base stats such as Stamina, Intellect, Agility and Strength, and will be the same across the board to avoid people saying any other class is under/overpowered if they're better or worse players.

This is all true and I, some random guy on the internet can confirm all of this. You'll alll see, I'll be screen shotting this and posting it when all you haters see Blizzard announces this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Next Expansion will add a Sub Race for every Race

Saw some screen shots, I can't prove their authenticity but I trust the source - and they would be the most dedicated fakes otherwise. My wow lore isn't great but I'm sure some of you will understand the story behind these

Big Barbarian Humans
    Centaur Elves
    Stone Dwarf
    Buff Worgen
    Mecha Gnomes
    Half Ogre Orcs
    Buff Forest Trolls
    Bison Tauren
    Human-like Undead
    Undead Elves
    Fatty Goblins
    Tuskarr!

In addition there is tons of customization stuff for the normal races. Lots of haircuts and beards and skin colors etc for everybody. Orcs are getting a different animation where they kind of look like Thrall
    Lets see... new account... check
    first post... check
    'leak'... check
    fantastic claims... check
    but cant verify... check

We'll leave the folks to decide how credible you are.

I'm going to say I'd rather pet a cobra while letting Bill Cosby serve the drinks.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Lets see... new account... check
    first post... check
    'leak'... check
    fantastic claims... check
    but cant verify... check

We'll leave the folks to decide how credible you are.

I'm going to say I'd rather pet a cobra while letting Bill Cosby serve the drinks.
    You forgot the "Name that's supposed to look credible and official"