Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Joining The Burning Legion

Hey all,

I was listening to the new sound files where Sargeras states with the new Panteon they could overcome the threat of the Void. Why are we fighting the burning legion and not joining them in a fight against the Void. I mean my enemy's enemy is my friend right?

Okay I get the fact he tried to destroy us, but I really think we shouldnt destroy everything that poses a threat.. I mean if we continue like this we become the most powerfull thing in the universe and somewere along the line someone is going to destroy us because than we will want to cleanse the universe of all coruption, thus rinse and repeat right?

What do you guys/girls think?

Deleted
    You do realize THEY are attacking US right ? I mean, we didn't start this. We didn't attack them on argus to kill their kings/masters. It is a war they began. Yes argeras wants to fight the void, but if the we befriend them, he will just group us in a big room and burn us all. They are on a crusade, they kill people, we are just defending. If Sargeras wanted our HELP, he would not have come attacked us.
    Please, think a little before making threads like that. It's been 10 years they fuck with us. We weren't the ones who attacked them, and the starting scenario of legion shows you once again that THEY want to kill US, and they have always wanted to, because Big S. is batshit insane, and he just wants to kill, that's why the legion is not on a "friendship crusade".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piertje View Post
    Hey all,

I was listening to the new sound files where Sargeras states with the new Panteon they could overcome the threat of the Void. Why are we fighting the burning legion and not joining them in a fight against the Void. I mean my enemy's enemy is my friend right?

Okay I get the fact he tried to destroy us, but I really think we shouldnt destroy everything that poses a threat.. I mean if we continue like this we become the most powerfull thing in the universe and somewere along the line someone is going to destroy us because than we will want to cleanse the universe of all coruption, thus rinse and repeat right?

What do you guys/girls think?
    Yeah, no. Ain't going nor wanting to be on the Legion side. They are already doing the worse they can.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by genbag View Post
    You do realize THEY are attacking US right ? I mean, we didn't start this. We didn't attack them on argus to kill their kings/masters. It is a war they began. Yes argeras wants to fight the void, but if the we befriend them, he will just group us in a big room and burn us all. They are on a crusade, they kill people, we are just defending. If Sargeras wanted our HELP, he would not have come attacked us.
    Please, think a little before making threads like that. It's been 10 years they fuck with us. We weren't the ones who attacked them, and the starting scenario of legion shows you once again that THEY want to kill US, and they have always wanted to, because Big S. is batshit insane, and he just wants to kill, that's why the legion is not on a "friendship crusade".
    Dont need to get agressive, I did think about this.... I know they are attacking us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by genbag View Post
    Basically this. Sargeras isn't really the kind of villain that can be reasoned with. He won't change his mind, he cannot see things any other way, and our suicide mission to Argus to make an attempt to stop him won't make him change his mind. Even IF we could convince him that there was another way, that we should fight the Void Lords head-on instead of destroying everything, Sargeras STILL wouldn't care about joining us unless we bowed down to him and listened to his every command, as a vicious, relentless Dictator. He'd basically be Garrosh, but with Demons.

Basically, it's highly doubtful that we'd ever side with the Burning Legion just to take down the Void Lords. We've proven ourselves capable of defeating every threat that comes our way. Besides... I'm pretty sure, after all this is over, I'm pretty sure there'd be TONS of people who would have major qualms in joining the Burning Legion. Namely:
    - Anduin Wrynn
    - Velen
    - Khadgar
    - Thrall
    - Illidan
    - Maiev Shadowsong
    - Malfurion
    - Basically everyone who's life was fucked by the Burning Legion
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

Quote Originally Posted by piertje View Post
    Hey all,

Maxim 29: The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. No more, no less.

Deleted
    Well if you're on board with the goal of eradicating all life on Azeroth and any other planet suspected of having a world soul (how does one prove innocence?), go on and join up. OK, you can't do that in the game. I wonder how popular such option would actually be.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Well if you're on board with the goal of eradicating all life on Azeroth and any other planet suspected of having a world soul (how does one prove innocence?), go on and join up. OK, you can't do that in the game. I wonder how popular such option would actually be.
    That depends if you're talking about forum edge-lords or actual in game lore. The former? Just look at op - even if he might be "joking", there are people who would jump on the idea immediately.

The latter? Not so much. I mean, there is Suramar, but that's largely the case of "as long it's only some low ranked civilians getting sacrificed to demons, I don't care." It's also a fairly minor case, all things considered - if Legion won, most nobles would also end up as a fuel to soul engines, with only the select few being rewarded. Ignoring the morality, it's also a coin toss in which group one would end.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Maxim 29: The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. No more, no less.
    Glad to see someone else reads Schlock Mercenary.

To answer the OP, as others have stated, Sargeras can't be reasoned with. I mean, his best friends tried, and he murdered them all. In order to deny the Void Lords their victory, he turned himself into a single-minded and evil monster. His actions, why he may have initially deemed them necessary, are also undeniably evil and destructive. He's needed to become someone that revels in that task, so that nothing can dissuade him from that path. For if anyone could convince the Destroyer not to destroy, it would leave his goal unreached, and all the horrifying actions he completed, ultimately meaningless.

He's been full End Times evil Satan to a million worlds. If there was anyone with arguments to change his path, he'd have long heard them already. The monster he's become won't be moved from its path. It won't be reasoned with. And it will never admit it is wrong.

And honestly, he is so vile we really shouldn't want to ally with him, or want to see him in any way redeemed. He has earned a horrible death, a trillion times over for his crimes.

You should also realize Azeroth doesn't really grasp that the Void might be a huge threat. We've gotten some hints, sure. But the Burning Legion has actually been much more effective in destroying worlds than the Void Lords have been so far. And there's also a case to be made that Sargeras is more evil than the Void. The Void Lords hunger and desire. That is their nature. Sargeras' path of evil however, is of his own making.

7+ Year Old Account
    "lets join the demonic space nazis that destroy or corrupt everything that comes in their path!"

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    I've always been sad there's no "bad guy" option in Warcraft, I guess the closest is choosing Horde over Alliance but it's not quite the same.

Being an outlaw/red/PKer in Ultima Online was great fun.

Unless we're demon-races, I don't have a lot of interest in joining the Legion as a character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Because burning legion is just band of failures who can't do anything right ?

Deleted
    They should call it the Bridge-Burning Legion. Better off him and let the Demo warlocks snatch some fancier pets from the remnants.

7+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard writes the story of us joining a group of guys who have consistently assaulted our planet, either directly or indirectly, for over 10,000 years, killed major figures in our society, and essentially put us in perpetual war... that would be bad writing on their part and a big "f-u" to the player base for assuming our attention spans are so limited as to forget that we've been FIGHTING the Burning Legion since WC3 (from a player standpoint)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    I've always been sad there's no "bad guy" option in Warcraft, I guess the closest is choosing Horde over Alliance but it's not quite the same.

Being an outlaw/red/PKer in Ultima Online was great fun.
    Nah. You don't sate the thug life cravings with merely picking the Horde. Tauren are literally Native Americans, nothing particularly dark about them. Trolls have the voodoo vibe but it's the sort of kid-in-a-ramonesque thing. Orcs are more thugly, but again it's mostly the "N-word" kind. My Gruntta, we good. Belves are narcissist and some of the leaders were evilish, say 7/10. Blood knights used to be proper goth metal, but then they repented and shoite.

You're literally left with the zombies and goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by signalblitzkrieg View Post
    they should call it the bridge-burning legion. Better off him and let the demo warlocks snatch some fancier pets from the remnants.
    hell. Yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Because burning legion is just band of failures who can't do anything right ?
    And what if Mudmug join the Burning Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by SignalBlitzkrieg View Post
    They should call it the Bridge-Burning Legion. Better off him and let the Demo warlocks snatch some fancier pets from the remnants.
    I call Jaraxxus.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend" only works when they both aren't your enemy.