Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Kind of getting tired of people blaming 1 person for a loss. Just suck it up and admit that, more than likely, you didn't play as a team. Went against a team with a Bastion, they lost, everyone on that team started talking shit about the Bastion player. The player even put in work and got quite a few kills. Never mind I went Widow and they had a Reaper that couldn't kill me after knocking me down to 1 health, nevermind their Mercy spent more time healing just Rein or trying to power boost the Bastion while their team died. It's strictly the person who picked Bastion.
    Its allways the character you like the least, didnt you learn anything? ;P

/s

Reminds me of a game i had in the Mei-Special. Someone said to me if i do anything at all....well...i got the most enemies shot down and close to every other gold medal.
    Its so often that the player blamed is the one that really tried but the other "failed" cause they are to busy trash talking.

Sometimes i have the feeling some people will only be silences if the roster is made of exactly 6 Chars, my top favourites for this are:

Reinhardt, Mercy, Soldier, Reaper, Zenyatta, and Tracer

Its not final but it will stop the you chose the wrong char.....oh who am i kidding, it wont... XD
    Last edited by Zatachi; 2017-07-20 at 06:16 AM.

http://plays.tv/video/59706f271c50e7ac2e/bamf

When it's time to be a BAMF, you know it's 12 o'clock. FeelsGoodMan
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of getting tired of people blaming 1 person for a loss. Just suck it up and admit that, more than likely, you didn't play as a team. Went against a team with a Bastion, they lost, everyone on that team started talking shit about the Bastion player. The player even put in work and got quite a few kills. Never mind I went Widow and they had a Reaper that couldn't kill me after knocking me down to 1 health, nevermind their Mercy spent more time healing just Rein or trying to power boost the Bastion while their team died. It's strictly the person who picked Bastion.
    Sometimes it is down to one player though, if it's an otherwise close match that's all it takes. And it is actually fairly clear who that player is, and no, it's not always Hanzo or Widowmaker or Sombra or whoever else is up for hate at the time. Sometimes it's the Tracer or Genji who never show up for a team fight, or the constantly over extending McCree or 76. The overly aggressive Reinhardt. those kinds of things leave you needlessly short handed.

Sometimes it's 3 or more players though, had a match yesterday, their DPS: Bastion, Pharah, Genji. Ours: Reaper, Junkrat, Mei. Our DPS couldn't get near them to do anything, but for whatever reason they just couldn't see that, as much as I implored at least one of them to switch up. My barriers were getting shredded so I ended up going Widow and only then did we start to put the brakes on them. It wasn't enough because we now had no tank, but that was just collective stupidity. Surprisingly enough we got nowhere on attack for much the same reasons.

Yesterday was full of that. Dumped with a premade on Eichenwalde, they insist I tank, I eventually agree (solo tanking for a premade is almost always awful, this was no different). Anyhow, we get stomped off Point A because our McCree is shit and can barely get Pharah down without my Orisa doing most of the work, then as we lose it, he, our only real Pharah counter switched to Tracer. I lose it too. Go Widowmaker as planned and the payload gets no further than the bridge; my play actually gets complemented. Point A attack though is a disaster. Take out D.Va, we don't push. Take out Mercy, we don't push. Take out Lucio, still no push... It becomes apparent that no matter how many of them die, a push just isn't going to happen and it's everything I've hated about that map and assault maps in general.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You can't do both? I do.

But if you want to be thin skinned about what everyone says and let it ruin the things you enjoy, be my guest. I personally prefer not to be someone's victim of my own making.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a new overwatch motion comic, it shows what happens after Doomfist gets out of prison to consolidate power in Talon, which was moving away from terrorism to profiteering until Doomfist righted the ship again.

Of interest are new masquerade skins for the Talon crew which we will likely get in game, including a harleyquinn Sombra, a skull face reaper in a red 3 musketeer costume, and masquerade Widow and Doomfist.

Of the most import is 2 more leaders on Talon somewhat in the shadows but not completely, which could be new characters in the future and one who most likely will be a character as he was on full display, Maximilien, an Omnic in a tight expensive suit with red eyes. Seems like more of a money many.

Could be this suited guy we have been hearing about.
    The Reaper costume is the Red Death, another Edgar Allan Poe reference, like his Nevermore skin.

Grow a thicker skin and stop being so sensitive about what random people on the internet say. There is always the mute button.
    Way to jump to assumptions, buddy.

I don't care if people insult me and "hurt my feelings". I am, however, playing the game to have a good time and playing with little whiny players I have to mute -- and therefore cannot communicate with any longer -- doesn't work out for me. Another reason I like Arcade, since the rare occasion I do run across a douchebag I can mute them without fear of it costing the match.

Again, if it's not clear, communication is necessary because it improves strategy and your ability to work with teammates, and more importantly even if you mute them, one whiny player will drag the entire team down and distract them. I just don't have time for shit like that, and competitive and quick match to a lesser extent are loaded with salty tryhards, or at least have in my case.

That said, I am pretty bad at this game compared to the upper tiered players, but I still have a good time playing and I don't never play apathetically. I always play to win, but I don't lose my shit when I lose.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2017-07-20 at 10:42 AM.

D.va is strong in many situations, but don't you guys feel it's boring to play her? Yes, the absorb is awesome, and she can get around quickly, but I think her mosquito bite cannons takes all the joy out of playing her. The other tanks have some fun attacks at least.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    D.va is strong in many situations, but don't you guys feel it's boring to play her? Yes, the absorb is awesome, and she can get around quickly, but I think her mosquito bite cannons takes all the joy out of playing her. The other tanks have some fun attacks at least.
    200 hours, still not bored. Learn to finish with Rocket Boosts and melee punches.

I'm one of those weird people who find DM fun, watching enemies flounder around shooting and doing nothing.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-07-20 at 11:10 AM.

Did they nerf them again? Last time i played her i got some good damage out of her.
    True you have to know when to shoot and when not but as long as people dare to come close they pretty quick regret it.
    I like her because she dishes out a nice punch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people fail to understand the concept of countering? Seriously this is part of what this game is about! The teams I have had to deal with today I wanna go dunk myself in a river XD
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Way to jump to assumptions, buddy.

I don't care if people insult me and "hurt my feelings". I am, however, playing the game to have a good time and playing with little whiny players I have to mute -- and therefore cannot communicate with any longer -- doesn't work out for me. Another reason I like Arcade, since the rare occasion I do run across a douchebag I can mute them without fear of it costing the match.

Again, if it's not clear, communication is necessary because it improves strategy and your ability to work with teammates, and more importantly even if you mute them, one whiny player will drag the entire team down and distract them. I just don't have time for shit like that, and competitive and quick match to a lesser extent are loaded with salty tryhards, or at least have in my case.

That said, I am pretty bad at this game compared to the upper tiered players, but I still have a good time playing and I don't never play apathetically. I always play to win, but I don't lose my shit when I lose.
    I always play with voice and text turned off. You can't go two matches in competitive without getting grouped with a toxic genji main or something so I'd rather opt out of communication all together so I can enjoy the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyfluff View Post
    Why are you assuming that's what I should play comp for. It's very simple in my free time I can choose to play whatever I like the minute someone asks me to change my time is not free and may aswell be back at work.
    You are the reason that competitive is a shitfest. Please play QP or play a single player game if you don't want to adapt to the situation and win.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Why do people fail to understand the concept of countering? Seriously this is part of what this game is about! The teams I have had to deal with today I wanna go dunk myself in a river XD
    I don't know if people are too dumb to understand or just too prideful to switch when things don't work out.

I rarely ever stick with the same hero throughout an entire match.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I always play with voice and text turned off. You can't go two matches in competitive without getting grouped with a toxic genji main or something so I'd rather opt out of communication all together so I can enjoy the game.
    Let me guess...your win % is terrible in comp. You need to at least try to communicate with your team...if they are toxic turn it off but you should at least start the game with trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    You are the reason that competitive is a shitfest. Please play QP or play a single player game if you don't want to adapt to the situation and win.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know if people are too dumb to understand or just too prideful to switch when things don't work out.

I rarely ever stick with the same hero throughout an entire match.
    Why should I play qp just because you personally don't like the way I play sounds kinda selfish if you ask me. There is no rule in Overwatch that says u must change character because other players tell you to FACT. Don't hate the player hate the game.

Let me guess...your win % is terrible in comp. You need to at least try to communicate with your team...if they are toxic turn it off but you should at least start the game with trying.
    It's actually pretty decent. Nothing constructive ever gets said anyway, people don't speak when they have anything positive to say. It's usually just people telling other people to switch or a Russian guy who doesn't understand that nobody understand Russian. It's easier just to focus on my own game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else notice that Hanzo doesn't say the Ryuu ga wa...whatchacallit anymore when you're playing as him? It's weird now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Or, do the actual thing you're suppose to do and start reporting these people nonstop.

Claiming "everyone should grow a thicker skin" every single time is a bit silly, when insulting/harassing is against the ToS anyway of the game.
    Always been his answer to everything, granted the report system doesn't work all that well in OW it is about as effective as the one in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, I am usually gold in elims, damage and objective time lol.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Why should I play qp just because you personally don't like the way I play sounds kinda selfish if you ask me. There is no rule in Overwatch that says u must change character because other players tell you to FACT. Don't hate the player hate the game.
    CALling someone selfish after exhibiting selfishness is flat out hypocrisy. Someone asking you to switch to a different character to be more effective and win a team game is not selfish. Refusing to switch because you enjoy a character even though you are getting hard countered and not helping the team IS selfish. Yes, it's your time and money you invested, but you chose to invest ignorant in a game that requires team effort and the ability to adapt and play multiple characters to progress, as a team. You choosing to ignore that concept and play the game your way while hindering the other 5 people on your team is a selfish choice, whether you want to admit or or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you tell me your battletag please?

I think I might have to preemptively block you.

You are playing her wrong. If you are close and aim just below the neck you will quickly kill opponents. It's an infinite ammo spread shotgun. If you are firing from medium range you are playing her wrong. Aiming for the neckline ensures your top pellets get headshots and the rest all hit body. Aiming at heads ensures that a few hit the head me the rest do nothing. At close range aiming under the neck line you can kill a soldier before he. An remove a third of your health.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

CALling someone selfish after exhibiting selfishness is flat out hypocrisy. Someone asking you to switch to a different character to be more effective and win a team game is not selfish. Refusing to switch because you enjoy a character even though you are getting hard countered and not helping the team IS selfish. Yes, it's your time and money you invested, but you chose to invest ignorant in a game that requires team effort and the ability to adapt and play multiple characters to progress, as a team. You choosing to ignore that concept and play the game your way while hindering the other 5 people on your team is a selfish choice, whether you want to admit or or not.
    How is it selfish to play what u like in a computer game in your free time. Remember computer games were created to have fun its not a job you don't get paid to play there is no responsibility if u win or lose if I'm shit at my job I get sacked if I lose or win an overwatch game guess what nothing happens. Fun Is the only factor that has any impact in a computer game.

You cant control what your other team mates do in a match anyway you could play the absolute meta hero in the "best" comp and still lose so shud I be bored in game or have fun in game I know which one id pick. Please show me in the rules where it says I have to change heroes because some some1 in my team tells me to.

Do you not think its not selfish for the player to tell another player what to play because that's what he wants? Its often true that i get gold elims and kills as widow yet I'm told often i am the most hindrance to the group and get reported lol it always makes me chuckle. ive had over 500 reports in game and not one ban so I'm not worried one jot

- - - Updated - - -

Can you tell me your battletag please?

I think I might have to preemptively block you.
    Yeh sure its Windowmaker

Really you guys need to stop with this ridiculous "you can't play that character in competitive or you are throwing".

People can play what characters they want and there isn't jack you can do about it.

The ranking system is easier to climb if you only play one or two characters so that is what people do. It is detrimental to their rank to play the one you demand they play so your rank can go up.

If players can only play the most efficient characters in competitive there is no chance of the meta changing.

Some people are extremely good with certain characters that are not in the meta and that wild card status with skill can hand you the win. You guys see x character and automatically think you are going to lose because of them when you have no clue what the skill level of that player is with that character.

I was told on Kings Row to get off Mei on attack because she wasn't in the meta. I said, "Nah, watch me I am going to get directly behind the enemy team without them seeing me and I will kill all of their healers before anyone else gets a kill." Then I used a method of getting behind them and I killed Mercy and Zen before anyone else and when I started to take the control point the enemy turned to immiediately come at me leaving their backs to the rest of my team and they got crushed. Why? Because even if Mei isn't in the attack meta my ass is.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Really you guys need to stop with this ridiculous "you can't play that character in competitive or you are throwing".
    I agree.

Except for Hanzo or Widow. And I'd have to say Sombra too. Those are throws 99% of the time.

Torbjorn is a throw maybe 70% of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.