Page 93 of 98 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    That seems like an easy case to do, especially when he build a Trump Tower in Azerbaijan with a Russian developer this decade.
    To people who don't have a vested interest in finding Trump doing wrong, it's a harder sell. Insofar that I've found, the connections are "He sells real estate to Russians" and "Trump and Putin aren't overtly hostile to each other."

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    So conspiracy theories are not against the rules here?
    Pretty sure that's just highly optimistic speculation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Pretty sure that's just highly optimistic speculation.
    I'm not sure I'd use optimistic.

Delerious maybe.

Kind of outside the bounds of even that expansive mandate, but sure, go nuts. I suspect Mueller will find that, like basically every New York housing magnate, Trump has sold apartment buildings to Russians.
    Mueller is to go where the investigation leads him.

Trump just dropped a flashing neon sign telling Mueller to look at the finances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Trump just dropped a flashing neon sign
    This one?

More serious point: let's say Mueller does what every credible report does, namely, check out Trump's fiscal dealings. Let's say he finds unrelated but still illegal activity while doing so. What happens then?

Also, as a reminder, Trump owes hundreds of millions through known Russian money laundering Deutche Bank.Who is possibly ratting Trump out as we speak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This one?

More serious point: let's say Mueller does what every credible report does, namely, check out Trump's fiscal dealings. Let's say he finds unrelated but still illegal activity while doing so. What happens then?

Also, as a reminder, Trump owes hundreds of millions through known Russian money laundering Deutche Bank.Who is possibly ratting Trump out as we speak.
    Is the Buttery Male in question that fellow we keep hearing about, goes by the name of Ben Gazi?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This one?

Well, Clinton was impeached for a blow job that was unrelated to the investigation so...

To people who don't have a vested interest in finding Trump doing wrong, it's a harder sell. Insofar that I've found, the connections are "He sells real estate to Russians" and "Trump and Putin aren't overtly hostile to each other."
    You're overlooking something important to the news report:

for the decade before Trump ran for President, New York (and London) have become places wealthy and connected Russians in particular, but also Arab Royal families (which are enormous), and Chinese-government connected figures have stashed money behind the reach of their authority. Emerging markets boomed. They got rich, oftentimes by stealing from their own country. And they sought to transfer as much of that wealth to the safest place there is, which is the world's two primary financial centers: London and New York.

So they bought real estate and turned the wealth into a tangible, durable asset. But let's be clear; many of these properties sit empty and their owners have never visited them. In essence corrupt individuals outside the US and UK have used real estate to launder stolen wealth.

Trump being a major New York City real estate figure, would have been at ground zero of this as it grew since the mid 2000s, which is almost certainly why he never opened up his books. This problem goes well beyond Trump, but the fact it is being looked at indicates how closesly Mueller is looking at Trump's Russian ties.

- - - Updated - - -

If Deutsche Bank collaborated with Russia and covered it up, they need to have their licence to operate in the US pulled permanently. It would probably cause the bank to collapse, but would be well deserved.

_every_ guilty party pays for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    If Deutsche Bank collaborated with Russia and covered it up
    Aren't they already having licensing issues? I thought Brexit was another problem unrelated to them potentially being a criminal organization. Yeah, losing the US as a base would be dire, but being implicit in Russia as well would be something entirely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    If Deutsche Bank collaborated with Russia and covered it up, they need to have their licence to operate in the US pulled permanently. It would probably cause the bank to collapse, but would be well deserved.

_every_ guilty party pays for this.
    Depends what you mean by collaborated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Kind of outside the bounds of even that expansive mandate, but sure, go nuts. I suspect Mueller will find that, like basically every New York housing magnate, Trump has sold apartment buildings to Russians.
    It may well prove pertinent to the case. We'll have to wait and see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

You'd have to make a case that selling apartments to Russians is equivalent to political collusion. Like I said, go for it, but I personally think it's a dead end.
    When you sell a house like he did for 2.5 TIMES its listed value without upgrading to add value to the property, then yeah, its evidence of money laundering. Because a few years ago, Trump bought a house in Florida for $40 million, literally sat on the property for 2 fucking years, and then ended up selling it to a Russian Oligarch for $100 million, at a time when Trump needed money.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how Trump is looking to pardon people... including himself.

Fucking lols.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post

Fucking lols.
    Ya...was just reading that; Trump and his Legal Team looking into procedure for potential pardons

Gee, I wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Ya...was just reading that; Trump and his Legal Team looking into procedure for potential pardons

Gee, I wonder why?
    Pretty sure he can't pardon himself, and I doubt he's generous enough to pardon others when he's going down. More likely to blame them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure he can't pardon himself
    Actually, he can. Nixon considered doing the same thing. Clinton promised not to before being impeached.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Actually, he can. Nixon considered doing the same thing. Clinton promised not to before being impeached.
    That seems like a massive problem and the laws need to be changed immediately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    It would be awesome if he was actually reserving that tactic for when it's too late to be told he can't use it.

EDIT: Read previous posts. Well, it wouldn't save his reputation, at least. Plus I as yet still don't see that coming. Closer, at best.

- - - Updated - - -

Spokesperson for Trump's legal team resigns and nobody offers a reason.

The lack of reason given is horrible PR. It's like taking the fifth -- you can't legally force guilt, but it sounds bad.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2017-07-21 at 02:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    You know what might be interesting.....

The story the NYT is sitting on is that Mueller is done with a preliminary investigation and is going to issue 3 indictments: John Brennan and Susan Rice for illegally unmasking Americans, then add in Ben Rhodes and indict all three on felonious release of classified information (leaking to the press.)

Then - the "gargantuan one" the WaPo is sitting on - will be the indictment of Barry for authorizing the above criminality.

Wouldn't THAT be a hoot!
    And maybe I'll have sex with Scarlet Johansen.
    Putin khuliyo

Pretty sure he can't pardon himself, and I doubt he's generous enough to pardon others when he's going down. More likely to blame them.
    He's going to have other people take the fall for him, then give them pardons.