Page 93 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahela View Post
    This brings up a continuing problem though. I don't, and I imagine many don't, want raid gear that's designed in a way that it's most useful in Mythic+. That's the current situation we're already looking at with the vast majority of tank trinkets in Tomb. I want raid benefit from my raid gear, not pick up stuff to go do other content. We already have a big enough of an issue with the fact that you can pull better Mythic gear out of M+ than you can Mythic Raids.
    That's just the monster blizzard created. Don't expect that to change until next xpac, if that even.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by daiceman View Post
    Sure, like mythic plus packs on 15+ fortified weeks.
    Mythic+ is not balanced and blizzard has made no effort to balance it. That's why certain affixes are brutal for certain comps meanwhile other comps can faceroll pretty much everything. I highly doubt they even consider the effect a raid pve effect will have on mythic+ when making it. They don't even consider it when balancing classes that's for damn sure. People complain about raid balance being out of whack mythic+ laughs at that. It's almost as bad as vanilla balance.

I don't think it's that it's not being considered, but that it's just not possible (or at least, not worth the enormous amount of effort it would take). I remember all the shenanigans that went into 5 man arena balancing (or lack thereof) in BC and Wrath and am actually quite happy that that isn't being repeated here.

Now the trinket issue, I don't know what they're thinking there. You're right, there's not a lot to be done until the current content becomes irrelevant. At the same time, that paranoid part of my brain thinks that it's an incentive to keep role balance between the two PvE end games (Mythic+ needs more tanks than end game raiding, by ratio). If that's the case, than it probably serves its purpose and won't ever be fixed.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

They haven't even bothered balancing kara/cathedral on m+, I don't know why people would expect them to balance classes for m+.

Just be happy you're not a feral druid, virtually the worst class for m+ by far. The one melee with no aoe stun or long duration CC (roots are useless on casters/pelters), they have no spec specific utility since tons of specs have brez and guardian druid has a flat out better version of stampeding roar.

And most importantly, feral has dumpster tier aoe/cleave with mediocre single target for how much it takes to play optimally.

I'd still take my DH over a feral any day, and feral has been like that since the expansion launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    They haven't even bothered balancing kara/cathedral on m+, I don't know why people would expect them to balance classes for m+.

Just be happy you're not a feral druid, virtually the worst class for m+ by far. The one melee with no aoe stun or long duration CC (roots are useless on casters/pelters), they have no spec specific utility since tons of specs have brez and guardian druid has a flat out better version of stampeding roar.

And most importantly, feral has dumpster tier aoe/cleave with mediocre single target for how much it takes to play optimally.

I'd still take my DH over a feral any day, and feral has been like that since the expansion launched.
    From my experience(and mostly stories) feral hasnt been good since cata and i dont expect that to change. I honestly feel like blizz doesnt know what they are doing when they design classes sometimes cause hell look at DH it came out THIS expansion and its gotten how many changes?

I started playing on MoP and I've seen classes get redesigned or majorly changed what seems like a dozen times in just 2 1/2 expansions, I look forward to more puning and DH becoming a 1 button spec in the next one along with the soul mechanic getting removed and whatever stupid crap they do.

Quote Originally Posted by daiceman View Post

At 5 parries per minute, after 2 minutes, that would be 50 seconds of reduction off of the CD, so your meta would be around a 2 minute CD with the 4pc.

As gear gets better, our parry will increase, and there's also the 5% bump that 2pc would give as well.
    but 5 parrys a minute is a bit low no? i am at 48 parry with spikes

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    but 5 parrys a minute is a bit low no? i am at 48 parry with spikes
    Not really, I'm at 47/37% parry with spikes up. Remember most fights you're not tanking a boss 100% of the time, you're usually taunt swapping so you're down to a 50% 'uptime' on tanking which is further lowered as most bosses use an ability which stops them from swinging at you. That's why I chose my logs from goroth, both of those happen on that fight.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    I got a 930 M Goroth trinket on Wednesday. Are there any specific situations where it outperforms the Darkmoon trinket or is it outright better? I'm using either Archi or Sliver in the other slot and I mostly run high m+.

Quote Originally Posted by Azszora View Post
    I got a 930 M Goroth trinket on Wednesday. Are there any specific situations where it outperforms the Darkmoon trinket or is it outright better? I'm using either Archi or Sliver in the other slot and I mostly run high m+.
    It might not be terrible in mythic+, it's mostly shit in raids because it can proc off raid damage while you're not actively tanking. Try it out when starting at lower keys, track it with a WA and see if you like it. It's not going to be consistent DR, if you want that keep darkmoon on.

Quote Originally Posted by Azszora View Post
    Not for overall mitigation. Sure, rng might work in your favor and it helps more when you really need it, but what are the odds? If you do the math, it does not offer more armor on average despite the item level.

What it does offer, is more agility. So take that for what it's worth. Think of it as an agi stat stick with an extra Mark of the Heavy Hide tossed in.

- - - Updated - - -

Used my 930 Carapace for M+ tonight. The fire proc added 1.7% to my total dps over two runs (15 Eoa and 16 VoW). So there is that. Also made WAs to show when Carapace and/or Heavy Hide were proc'd, so I could factor that into whether to use other CDs.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2017-07-16 at 06:15 AM.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Used my 930 Carapace for M+ tonight. The fire proc added 1.7% to my total dps over two runs (15 Eoa and 16 VoW). So there is that. Also made WAs to show when Carapace and/or Heavy Hide were proc'd, so I could factor that into whether to use other CDs.
    I can't remember if I mentioned it on this thread or another, but I'm so underwhelmed by that trinket... I almost wonder if it's undertuned, or something since relative to ilvl drop, it's pretty horrible.

The damage on it is mostly just a flavor bonus, but it does an okay amount for what it is. Why they changed it to proc from everything vs. only melee is absolutely beyond me. Still useful in M+, but completely garbage in raids.

The damage on it is mostly just a flavor bonus, but it does an okay amount for what it is. Why they changed it to proc from everything vs. only melee is absolutely beyond me. Still useful in M+, but completely garbage in raids.
    Wouldn't that be a good thing? Most physical damage is from melee, so it procs only when you're tanking increases its effective uptime in swaps. Sure there is some physical soaking but surely you won't rely on procs to soak.

Quote Originally Posted by worcester View Post
    Wouldn't that be a good thing? Most physical damage is from melee, so it procs only when you're tanking increases its effective uptime in swaps. Sure there is some physical soaking but surely you won't rely on procs to soak.
    Sorry, my wording there wasn't particularly clear. It used to only proc from melee, it now procs from everything, making it completely worthless in a raid scenario.

Sorry, my wording there wasn't particularly clear. It used to only proc from melee, it now procs from everything, making it completely worthless in a raid scenario.
    I see, thanks for the clarification. weird change indeed.

Deleted
    In case anyone wants to see some Mistress action and guide/walkthrough/me rambling for 8 minutes, I finished this for you: Mythic Mistress VDH PoV. If it was to any enjoymeny at all, let me know if I should keep making this kind of stuff for the rest of the upcoming bosses.

Yeah I don't raid with it currently, at least not anything serious, but might if I get legs to replace AHR. I agree that a melee proc would be much better (since that's when armor helps), but it's still lots of Agi at 930, plus an extra neck enchant, plus 2% extra dps all in one package. Or maybe I'll get something better between now and then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    I can't remember if I mentioned it on this thread or another, but I'm so underwhelmed by that trinket... I almost wonder if it's undertuned, or something since relative to ilvl drop, it's pretty horrible.
    What tanking trinkets (other than DM and the legendaries) are really impressive? They're all sort of meh imho.

Other than the legendary, the only tank trinkets I've really felt any significant benefit with are the Stam/Shield trinkets. The rest are so situational or flat out geared purely for M+ despite dropping the raid. It's hard to go wrong with more health in raiding though, especially given the absurd scaling due to the artifact/spec passives and the absorbs are decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post

What tanking trinkets (other than DM and the legendaries) are really impressive? They're all sort of meh imho.
    You're right, they're all sort of meh. For now, I just use Archimonde's and Darkmoon... with not much else for defensive trinkets that look appealing. Outside of that, I look for fun dps trinkets, or maybe on the offchance, I might luck out with a Titanforged Bloodthirsty or something. I'm just so irritated with that Carapace because I think 3/4 of my tanks all got it around 900+ and it's just crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    You're right, they're all sort of meh. For now, I just use Archimonde's and Darkmoon... with not much else for defensive trinkets that look appealing. Outside of that, I look for fun dps trinkets, or maybe on the offchance, I might luck out with a Titanforged Bloodthirsty or something. I'm just so irritated with that Carapace because I think 3/4 of my tanks all got it around 900+ and it's just crap.
    I don't think it's amazing, but "just crap"... That has to be relative, doesn't it? I mean, crap compared to what? Crap compared to a 970 legendary trinket? Crap compared to what is probably an over-tuned crafted? Sure I'd rather have a 930 DM:I, but that won't happen until (maybe) Argus.

I got my legs into the lego legs today! So I am going to try using the two armor trinkets when I want defense, possibly switching back to one of the legendary trinkets when I want more dps. Even then, I will have to think about which to swap for which. I mean, 930 Carapace does damage roughly equal to AHR in my experience, while KJBW might do more than either. Meanwhile DM does no damage and has less agi than any of the above. So if I want more defense, I'll use double armor trinkets; if I want more offense I may sub out DM and keep the Carapace.

I do have a 910 Sliver, but that feels like a toy even if I get it at higher level. I don't know though. Main reason I even share opinions in these forums is so others can give me reasons to re-consider if they see it differently.

TL,DR: I'll use it till I get something better.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2017-07-24 at 09:33 AM.

The reason why I'd deem the carapace as crap is because you have zero control over when it procs.

DM trinket is always active. It just shifts up and down in effectiveness. AHR is something you control.

Carapace can (last I checked) proc from random AE while you're offtanking, thereby wasting effectiveness.

edit:
    I mean, simply for lack of anything better (since I got my two DK tanks up to 910ish ilvl in 3 weeks), One of them runs both the DM and Carapace, so it gets used. Doesn't change my mind that it's a crap trinket.