Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Sure until 2020. I imagine devs may start to drop support for that some years after Extended Support is gone. Or when the market share of 7 is extremely low.
    Ahh but Microsoft are forcing the issue early, if you have a Ryzen based system or a new Intel Kabylake or higher based system.. And want to keep Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 as Microsoft has blocked all update support if you have one of the mentioned CPU's as they want everyone on Windows 10..

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    lol who uses xp or shitttty vista in 2017?
    Well there are still Embedded versions of XP supported for things such as ATM machines.

Also MS-DOS is still used in some places to run native legacy programs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Ahh but Microsoft are forcing the issue early, if you have a Ryzen based system or a new Intel Kabylake or higher based system.. And want to keep Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 as Microsoft has blocked all update support if you have one of the mentioned CPU's as they want everyone on Windows 10..
    Meh I can sort of understand it. Forcing it isn't the best solution though.

Vista was never worth running in the first place. And that is being kind.
    When Microsoft built Vista, they built it around the correct model for memory, but they didn't think about the bigger picture in play. Not every end user had lots of memory in their system. In 2006, many end users had x86 (or 32-bit) architecture in their systems. Most end users are operating under an x64 (or 64-bit) architecture nowadays.

The intent of Vista was to preemptively use memory for what it thought you might be doing next. It was the right idea, but poor execution.
    "Hope can turn into despair in a heartbeat."
    R.I.P Chester Bennington 1976-2017

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    win 10 boots significantly faster than 7? especially on low spec machines? what are u talking about?
    My computer is no where near low spec and takes Next to no time to start up not that I count. which I do once a day when getting ready for work takes less then 5 sec to come out of sleep when I get home. Once again what reason do I have to possible upgrade.

I use Win7, works like a charm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Indeed, Windows 8+ gets a tick on both columns. That's just measurable fact.

Anyway - my point is, old OS users should look at why they are avoiding better, before criticising others for doing the same.
    Crappy ui, but pain in the butt to upgrade every thing, you have to buy if you can't do the free upgrade, thwre are tons of reasons to be upgrade same could be said if you like vista or any other os as well.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well, if we talk Windows 10 v Windows 7 - and we are sticking to game type stuff. How about 3-D and voice APIs. Full use of fast drives M-2 etc. Ability to better manage memory in apps.
    Dude you are wasting your breath. These guys that think their stuff is fast have no clue what fast really is. Its like the people you see that have old busted BMWs and Mercedes still trying to floss them as if they have something when all they have is busted ass old cars. At the end of the day for most of them its not about not wanting to upgrade past 7, its that their hardware is so shit that 10 would crush it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Dude you are wasting your breath. These guys that think their stuff is fast have no clue what fast really is. Its like the people you see that have old busted BMWs and Mercedes still trying to floss them as if they have something when all they have is busted ass old cars. At the end of the day for most of them its not about not wanting to upgrade past 7, its that their hardware is so shit that 10 would crush it.
    Or you know because people are happy on 7?

I'm on 10. Should I go around trying to force everyone to upgrade to 10?

If people are fine on 7 then why should they upgrade? Who are you to tell them they should? Especially if it may cost them £100.

If anything it's more sad watching people on 10 try to act high and mighty towards those on 7 and attacking them for using 7.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-20 at 05:11 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can easily run Windows 10 just no positive to upgrading and a few negatives.

10+ Year Old Account
    ITT: People have no idea why or how OS run or boot faster, so they insist newer versions are better "because".

I bet the majority of users don't even know what bloatware is, or that Windows 10 Home is vastly inferior to 10 Pro unlike Windows Vista or 7 Home/Pro where there's absolutely no difference besides pre-installed/unlocked (aka in-OS DLC) software on Pro.

There is absolutely no reason to upgrade to Windows 10 (especially Home) right now because DirectX12/Vulkan has no games that require it or use it because Microsoft didn't even release full OS support for features. If you got Windows 10 for free, great. Don't waste money on it.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2017-07-20 at 05:15 PM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

If people are fine on 7 then why should they upgrade? Who are you to tell them they should? Especially if it may cost them £100.
    Because in this day and age £100 is nothing. Inflation has made that number a joke compared to what £100 was 10-20 years ago

Not only that but in a business sense if people were not so stubborn staying behind it would incentivize companies like Microsoft to keep pushing, upgrading and (hopefully) improving the system which they bring out. In turn that means 3rd party hardware and software devs also find themselves incentivized to keep on making sure that the games/software/hardware are not being held back by people who are generally running on potatoes.

TL;DR. People using old outdated software/hardware are slowing down progress because businesses dont' have the incentive to go faster. Slowing us down when progress needs to be at a speed of a rocket, not a slow snail.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Because in this day and age £100 is nothing. Inflation has made that number a joke compared to what £100 was 10-20 years ago

Not only that but in a business sense if people were not so stubborn staying behind it would incentivize companies like Microsoft to keep pushing, upgrading and (hopefully) improving the system which they bring out. In turn that means 3rd party hardware and software devs also find themselves incentivized to keep on making sure that the games/software/hardware are not being held back by people who are generally running on potatoes.

TL;DR. People using old outdated software/hardware are slowing down progress because businesses dont' have the incentive to go faster. Slowing us down when progress needs to be at a speed of a rocket, not a slow snail.
    And again show me that 7 is slowing it down in a huge way.

And to some people £100 is a lot of money for an upgrade. Has nothing to do with stubbornness at all.

7 is still supported until 2020. If people want to stay on it then fine. You don't get to decide what OS they use.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-20 at 05:39 PM.

There is next to nothing in actual performance difference between both OS (and there never was a real, big difference between two iterations). You're just trying to persuade yourself you're the smart one, and failing as you just show how clueless you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    ITT: People have no idea why or how OS run or boot faster, so they insist newer versions are better "because".
    Pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post

Not only that but in a business sense if people were not so stubborn staying behind it would incentivize companies like Microsoft to keep pushing, upgrading and (hopefully) improving the system which they bring out.
    If 100 bucks is nothing, give them to me.
    And what you promote here is not progress, it's just validating ripping off customers with constant pointless "upgrade".
    What an idiot.
    Last edited by Akka; 2017-07-20 at 05:43 PM.

anyone using anything older than 10 are just stubborn.. it's clearly the best windows version you can have and the only reason to not use it is if you can't afford it or something...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The best OS ever made is DOS + NC
    No SILLY the best OS ever is WinXP + TC

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    There is next to nothing in actual performance difference between both OS (and there never was a real, big difference between two iterations). You're just trying to persuade yourself you're the smart one, and failing as you just show how clueless you are.

Pretty much.

If 100 bucks is nothing, give them to me.
    And what you promote here is not progress, it's just validating ripping off customers with constant pointless "upgrade".
    What an idiot.
    What you don't buy every new iPhone becUzs there 1% better then the last?

Quote Originally Posted by Nico3337 View Post
    anyone using anything older than 10 are just stubborn.. it's clearly the best windows version you can have and the only reason to not use it is if you can't afford it or something...
    Well considering Windows 7 Usage share is at 49% I highly doubt it's down to just stubbornness.

Also again £100 is a lot to some people.

Deleted
    To be honest there are some computers that still run DOS for basic management stuff.
    20 years ago maybe not today.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they announced this a while ago.
    It's about time people upgraded their potato honestly.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    20 years ago maybe not today.
    Nope. Again basic management stuff that runs in native MS-DOS. Nothing super important.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...e_aircraft.jpg

As I said nothing super important.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-20 at 05:57 PM.