10+ Year Old Account
    Making a heal proc only on targets that already have an absorb shield.

Blizzard MW development team: http://imgur.com/FmYjcHV

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    Making a heal proc only on targets that already have an absorb shield.

Blizzard MW development team: http://imgur.com/FmYjcHV
    They are not retarded. They know everything about MW. They just intended mw to be bad, so they can earn lots of money.

I encourage everyone to blame them for this reason on their forums. People should understand blizzard doesn't care their game balance. They just care lowest common denominator so they can earn more money. This is also exactly why WoW has lost so many subscribers.

WoW should die now.
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2017-07-19 at 11:12 AM.

The 4p could be useful if either Tranquil Mist has a minimum absorb ala DH's Soul Barrier, or if Vivify/Revive change to apply Gust of Mists to all targets.

I'm doubt either of those will happen, so the 4p is pretty much dead on arrival. There's no meaningful scenario where you'll have Tranquil Mist up on a lot of people that need healing (either the absorbs will have been broken and thus no healing, or they won't and those people won't need healing anyway).

For reference the 4p heal is "Chi Bolt", and its tooltip disagrees with the datamined 4p tooltip. The bonus design is probably far from done. http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=253581/chi-bolt

You people disagree with what cqwrteur says but yet complain so much of the state of mistweaver, is it not apparent there is something wrong here?
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Deleted
    I honestly don't see mistweaver as being that bad at the moment. It would be nice if vivify would apply 1/3rd of a mastery to each target healed, same with revival procing 5 gusts which are then divided to the amount of people healed making it scale a bit with mastery and useful in dungeons.

Other than that i don't really understand the complaints about mw at the moment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLove View Post
    I honestly don't see mistweaver as being that bad at the moment. It would be nice if vivify would apply 1/3rd of a mastery to each target healed, same with revival procing 5 gusts which are then divided to the amount of people healed making it scale a bit with mastery and useful in dungeons.

Other than that i don't really understand the complaints about mw at the moment.
    If I don't have wisdom I feel compelte aids at the moment the longer the fight goes on, thats my only real complaint with MW in mythic at the moment, Revival+Bracers has felt great on every fight in mythic so far

Quote Originally Posted by ThaNinja View Post
    If I don't have wisdom I feel compelte aids at the moment the longer the fight goes on, thats my only real complaint with MW in mythic at the moment, Revival+Bracers has felt great on every fight in mythic so far
    Agreed. After blizz got rid of raid buffs, I'm not sure why they re-introduced Wisdom. I wish they'd just give every healer re-gen including the Wisdom effect and be done with it. Most healers notice a significant difference when they don't have it; I certainly notice it on Mistweaver.

Should I drop T20 4 set to wear Shelter of Rin and have T19 4 set with T20 2 set? Or stick with T20 4 set and wear Ovyd's Winter Wrap?

Ovyd's isn't that great in a raid context unless your raid group is really small (e.g. 10-12) and/or you're one of two healers. Otherwise the bonuses are too unpredictable and too often fall on targets someone else is healing.

The T20 4-set is boring but it's also powerful unless you're literally not using Essence Font ever, so I wouldn't drop it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It takes a certain level of stupidity to think of a T21 4pce that counteracts the 2pce.

Now Blizzards solution is to nerf to 2pce so it's just as pathetically horrible as the 4pce while still making zero sense for the spec? Only for MW do Blizzard reach this level of retardation.

Deleted
    Monk T21 Mistweaver 2P Bonus - have a 101% chance to gain Tranquil Mist which heals them for [ 4 + 40% of Spell Power ] health over 8 sec.
    Monk T21 Mistweaver 4P Bonus - Renewing Mist Casts Heal Gust of Mist Targets When you cast Renewing Mist, you have a 15% chance to send a bolt of healing Chi at all targets affected by Tranquil Mist.healing them for [ 25% of Spell Power ].

So now they removed the 2p scaling from mastery and give it a 40%sp hot over 8 seconds, which is complete trash. 8 seconds means its not gonna be up long enough to have mutliple of em when 4p procs. Removing scaling with mastery makes mastery weaker in comparison again.

4p however is utter fucking trash. 15% chance to proc a 25%sp heal? You will never have a situation where you actually want to try to fish these at 15% proc chance. Even if you have 5 tranquil mists up you are gonna cast anything else when you need ae healing. Even at 100% proc chance its shit.
    So in short this whole set just adds some passive random healing which makes your healing meters look marginally better but doesn't actually help you at all or heal damage that wouldn't get healed anyway.

I would take the shielding 2p over this 2p+4p.

Edit: For reference essence font bolts heal 135%sp per bolt.
    Last edited by mmoc029e10d7f3; 2017-07-25 at 09:30 PM.

2P is 160% SP, but yea, it's still laughably weak

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard noticed how much people enjoyed the Extend Life mechanic and asked themselves "how can we do this again but shit?"

Well, they figured out how by making it pathetically weak, attaching it to a clunky mechanic and giving it horrible RNG.

lol it doesn't even add "passive random healing." 25% SP is frankly absurd. Soothing Mist heals for about 75% of SP every half second.

The 4pc is a 15% chance on RM cast, or about 1 out of every 7 casts. If you use TFT on your RMs it's about 1.5 procs per minute, or a proc every 40 seconds. Let's also assume we chain cast effuse the whole fight purely for the 2pc hots, and that you have some haste. Every time you're about to cast RM, you have 6 whole 2pc hots spread around the raid. Every 40 seconds, you will heal 6 people for an extra like 25% SP. In 920 gear that's about 30k. 180k total healing (not counting overhealing), every 40 seconds, for a whopping total of 4500 HPS.

4,500 HPS, in a situation where you intentionally try to game the 2pc and there's no overhealing. Less than 1% of total HPS in basically any scenario that matters (and if you're doing less than 450k HPS an extra tickle every 40 seconds isn't going to matter).

It's clearly still got balancing to go, but like, it's really nice of them to troll us like that. As is, the set is basically worthless.

10+ Year Old Account
    i actually don't understand why this set bonus even procs on gust of mist spells anyway. It has literally no synergy with it.

It's a vestigial remnant of its original version, where it was an absorb based on your Gust of Mists healing. That was a bad design but it's why the new 2p is what it is.

The 4p's numbers clearly haven't been tuned. Even if you assume a 100% chance (which isn't unthinkable since the tooltip for the Chi Bolt it fires says 101%), you're still only healing for 25% healing per target every 9 seconds, while the 2p is by definition yielding 6.4 times that
    in the same period with its 160% over 8 seconds of healing. The core design of the bonus is fine, it just needs the numbers to make it worthwhile.

Deleted
    Don't forget that SG does proc gust of the mist. A heavy SG/Effuse with cc/haste gear can make the 2p extra strong. I am not sure that it would be healthy for our beloved MW.

Some buffs are coming for the set, i'm not sure if it makes it that much better but ehh it's better than nothing I guess

For the unaware, what was said on the forums:

- The HoT from the 2p bonus was not benefitting from haste, that will be fixed in the next PTR build. I also doubled the healing of this HoT.
    - The 4p healing/proc rate was just low. I bumped the heal up from .25 to 0.5, and the proc rate from 15 to 50%.

Deleted
    Personally i hate the idea of putting more power into renewing mist. It already interacts with wrists, procs vivify empower (so interacts with boots), has a chance to copy itself on cast/jump and it procs mastery. As it stands you want to cast it on cooldown every time. Adding another <100% chance proc to it feels very meh. You don't play differently, the set just happens if it does. Thunder focus tea also limits how good procs from RM can be, a situation where you have to use every tea for RM isn't fun either.

10+ Year Old Account
    why is the concern renewing mist when this set bonus simply makes effuse the best non-ef/rjw spell to cast?

it's highly likely if mana is a concern, you don't cast renewing mist at all over effuse, because the hpm gap between rem and effuse is so large.