Thread: Illidan's naga?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Illidan's naga?

Why are the naga under Illidan's command still following him? Shouldn't they be under Azshara's command? From Azsuna's events we know that they aren't on some kind of undercover mission as double agents because they directly oppose her together with the rest of the Illidari. I was expecting Vashj to abandon Illidan after TFT but she stuck with him and was loyal to the end (her dying breath being an apology to him) unlike Kael. So any thoughts on the reason that is?

we are gonna find that out in Chronicles.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they realized the queen is batshit insane and like the idea of living

Not all Nagas serve Azshara.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Not all Nagas serve Azshara.
    Source on that statement?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorze View Post
    Why are the naga under Illidan's command still following him? Shouldn't they be under Azshara's command? From Azsuna's events we know that they aren't on some kind of undercover mission as double agents because they directly oppose her together with the rest of the Illidari. I was expecting Vashj to abandon Illidan after TFT but she stuck with him and was loyal to the end (her dying breath being an apology to him) unlike Kael. So any thoughts on the reason that is?
    Though there isn't hard fact on it, I would assume that Vashj's loyalties shifted to Illidan over the course of their long cooperation in WC3: TFT and up to WoW: TBC. Perhaps an extended period well away from Azshara's aura of glamour returned her to her senses (more or less), or perhaps she had a falling out with Azshara after the Naga transformation and was easier for Illidan to sway to his side. She and the Naga under her command do some genuinely loyal to the Illidari, though; though if Lady S'theno is any indication they still feel a bit like second-class citizens among the Elven Demon Hunters and the other demons in Illidari's employ (remedied somewhat when she and Matron Mother Malevolence are granted full inclusion into the Illidari when recruited as Champions).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    if you played WC3 the sect of Naga that was saved / summoned by illidan are the one that are in service to illidan and now the Demon Hunter's Class hall

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Skar'this the Heretic serves Neptulon over any other, deriding any who have turned against him (implying both Vashj and Azshara are his enemies). He appears to be the nominal head of an order of Naga who still revere Neptulon, as revealed in the NPC dialogues during the quest "An Innocent Disguise" (occurring during the Fire Festival).
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-07-20 at 06:06 PM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Illidan's Naga were a revolting force AGAINST Azshara. They were Vashj's Naga, not Azshara's. Vashj was infatuated by Illidan and left her queen with her followers and stuck to him.

Its already pretty much confirmed that illidan's naga is the next playable race.

Naga aren't a hivemind collective and each have their own desires and ambitions? I mean that's like any other sentient species... they don't all have one way of thinking because they're that race and don't all agree with each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean Naga are sorta like the Forsaken in a way....a group of people who got turned into something else either by their free will or not and just still exist as their own being outside of the group. Like some forsaken in the crusade who hate slyvanas for example, not much of a stretch that there would be groups of Naga who don't particularly like azshara

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Its already pretty much confirmed that illidan's naga is the next playable race.
    Do you have any info on that? I've seen nothing that comes close to confirming that, or any information on the next or future expansions?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Skar'this the Heretic serves Neptulon over any other, deriding any who have turned against him (implying both Vashj and Azshara are his enemies). He appears to be the nominal head of an order of Naga who still revere Neptulon, as revealed in the NPC dialogues during the quest "An Innocent Disguise" (occurring during the Fire Festival).
    Yeah but he seems more like an exception, also he is completely mad and later killed by us. I just fail to find the missing link between Vashj serving Azshara and then switching to serving Illidan. One of her quotes and all other naga witches in TFT say "For the Empress!" so we can (probably?) assume that in WC3 she was still loyal to Azshara and decided to betray her between TFT and TBC but why? I hope Blizzard eventually release some info.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have any info on that? I've seen nothing that comes close to confirming that, or any information on the next or future expansions?
    People think a few Kul'Tiras armor skins confirmed a South Seas expansion and all the random things people want in it, including playable Naga, even if there's no actual evidence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    I mean Naga are sorta like the Forsaken in a way....a group of people who got turned into something else either by their free will or not and just still exist as their own being outside of the group. Like some forsaken in the crusade who hate slyvanas for example, not much of a stretch that there would be groups of Naga who don't particularly like azshara
    Yeah but Vashj was genuinely loyal and later switched sides with no explanation. What I am looking for is why she did so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Yeah but he seems more like an exception, also he is completely mad and later killed by us. I just fail to find the missing link between Vashj serving Azshara and then switching to serving Illidan. One of her quotes and all other naga witches in TFT say "For the Empress!" so we can (probably?) assume that in WC3 she was still loyal to Azshara and decided to betray her between TFT and TBC but why? I hope Blizzard eventually release some info.
    Well I don't think having a dual-alliance with Illidan would be a betrayal of Azshara, at least not completely. She and her forces were apparently given lease to accompany Illidan when he called to them at the beginning of WC3:TFT, though what reasons Azshara would have to do that are also unknown. The point about Skar'this and his followers were just to demonstrate that the Naga aren't necessarily a social monolith - they have their own factions and sects, some of whom may not be as loyal to Azshara or her immediate benefactor as others.

15+ Year Old Account
    Probably because 1) Vashj knew Illidan well by then already, 2) Illidan was, at that point, closer to being united with Sargeras than Azshara given his demonic conversion, 3) she was tired of being relegated to the bottom of the ocean doing nothing for 10,000 years.

Play Warcraft 3 and the expansion pack The Frozen Throne"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChunkyCheerio View Post
    Play Warcraft 3 and the expansion pack The Frozen Throne"
    Read my question instead of only the title, I have obviously played warcraft 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I don't think having a dual-alliance with Illidan would be a betrayal of Azshara, at least not completely. She and her forces were apparently given lease to accompany Illidan when he called to them at the beginning of WC3:TFT, though what reasons Azshara would have to do that are also unknown. The point about Skar'this and his followers were just to demonstrate that the Naga aren't necessarily a social monolith - they have their own factions and sects, some of whom may not be as loyal to Azshara or her immediate benefactor as others.
    Well Illidan's naga have completely betrayed Azshara, by now we can't really be talking about a dual alliance at this point. I hope if they even touch on the subject in the new Chronicle they don't simply say "Vashj joined Illidan" but explain her reasoning which is completely non-existant. Illidan was at his lowest at the end of TFT and we can assume that at this point by staying with him Vashj betrayed Azshara. Why did she do that exactly is the big question that eludes me. Ok, she isn't loyal to Azshara but why Illidan? He was the biggest loser at that point.