Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    To be fair, I think the reason why whites dominate gaming is purely because of average wage difference.

Also, if you're not going to count mobile gaming, can I not count MOBAs, FPS' and games like Overwatch? Since you know, I don't like those either and people who play them aren't actual gamers to me. /s
    Except they don't. You seriously think there are more white gamers than Asians?? Sorry the big bad straight white male isn't at the top here to take all blame.

Lol at comparing iPhone games to Mobas and FPS. Honesly not even worth arguing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    We're not talking about the dictionary definition of a gamer the same as it wouldn't be fair to say someone is a hunter because they once shot a dove.
    Part of the gamer definition is also they play regularily. And that is what the commonly used definition of a gamer in those statistics is about. Excuse me please of not everyone defines gamers as what you want to define them as.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla
    I'm not going to see my sister who once played Farmville down in the dumps because she didn't get in the latest beta or lining up at Gamestop for a big midnight release. You are purposely mis-defining this community to prove a false premise.
    Actually i define gamers as what they are. People who play computer games regularily.

You just want to get an argument going to limit the definition of a gamer to your political stereotype just to argument "noone changed". And for that you need to redefine words. You want to use a narrow term, while the term "gamer" is broad.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-07-20 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Actually, a gamer is someone who just plays regularily. You dont need to play 14 hours a days to be a gamer.
    I agree, but owning a console (like in the study you linked) doesn't mean you play regularly. Furthermore people likely answer yes if anyone in their household has one sitting in the living room.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scmpoe View Post
    I agree, but owning a console (like in the study you linked) doesn't mean you play regularly. Furthermore people likely answer yes if anyone in their household has one sitting in the living room.
    It also doesnt mean you do not play regularily. So your complete argumentation is void. Also, how do you get the idea "people likely answer yes", when you infact dont have any statistic backing that up?

- - - Updated - - -

No it is NOT. For the most part even the people you are calling gamers would not call themselves the same because of the COMMON FUCKING KNOWLEDGE definition of the term that we all have been talking about in this thread and it's associated characteristics and for better or worse stigmas.
    It's quite amusing how hard you want to get an argument going, and even need to use caps to ACT AS IF IT BECOMES true doing so and even insults as you are out of arguments.

Set you on ignore.

It also doesnt mean you do not play regularily. So your complete argumentation is void. Also, how do you get the idea "people likely answer yes", when you infact dont have any statistic backing that up?

- - - Updated - - -

It's called common sense, which people on your side of the argument seem to desperately lack.
    You also just admitted your study ultimately says nothing about how many people play games

A person that occasionally plays jetpack joyride while waiting in the doctor's office is as much a gamer as I am an author because I once played a game of ad-libs.
    Maybe, but judging what gamers are just by the people who go at conventions is pretty fallacious in and of itself, I find. Maybe the hardcore people who identify themselves purely by being gamers haven't changed a lot, but there's no denying video games have only continued to become more widespread and are played by diverse groups of people. The basement dwelling nerd cannot be called the only true gamer anymore.

Wasn't this thread about Steve Bannon anyway? Even if I do have to admit almost anything is more interesting to talk about than Steve Bannon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Except they don't. You seriously think there are more white gamers than Asians?? Sorry the big bad straight white male isn't at the top here to take all blame.

Lol at comparing iPhone games to Mobas and FPS. Honesly not even worth arguing.
    I'm saying there is no credible evidence for or against the majority of people that are infact gamers, but the difference in wage would allow white people a lot more time and money to afford a gaming lifestyle/addiction.

I can compare FPS' to DOS RPGs, if you want? Games are games, bro. Stop trying to pretend games on a platform you don't like aren't games, it's about as sad as your assumptions.

Edit: Though wondering why you brought sexual orientation and gender into this. I could give a shit whom is the majority of anything, as I never blamed white cis male scum for being the majority, just sort of stated white people have the lifestyle that easily accommodates gaming. Shit, it was an opinion sir. Plus, I think there are more Asians tilling rice fields in China than there are Asian gamers. Not even remotely trying to be racist, as this can probably be statistically proven/disproven and add the fact of how shitty China is to its own people.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2017-07-20 at 06:52 PM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Deleted
    It's called common sense, which people on your side of the argument seem to desperately lack.
    You also just admitted your study ultimately says nothing about how many people play games
    With common sense you likely mean something i call "anecdotal evidence based on bias".

Lets take a look onto other studies which are about gamers.

There are a lot of studies which show the growing diversity among gamers.

As like this:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/201...-what-and-why/

Quote Originally Posted by Big Fish Games about Video game trends and statistics
    Overview: Who is Playing?

The average age of gamers: 35
    The average age of game purchasers: 38
    Households that own a device used for playing video games: 65%
    Households that own a device exclusively for playing video games: 48%
    The average number of years gamers have been playing: 13

The average age of gamers held steady this year, indicating that more up and coming gamers are joining in as us older gamers gained another year on our birthdays. The average number of years gamers have been playing also held steady this year. Is this an indication that some gamers are aging out just a bit?
    What are people playing?

Gamers who play social games: 48%
    Devices the most frequent gamers are playing on:
    PC: 56%, dedicated game console: 53%, smartphone: 36%, wireless device: 31%, dedicated handheld system: 17%
    Playing Video Games as a social outlet

54% of the most frequent gamers play with others
    53% of the most frequent game players feel video games help them connect with friends
    42% of the most frequent game players feel video games help them spend time with family
    Hours per week spent playing with others online: 6.5
    Hours per week spent playing with others in person: 4.5
    Who are they playing with?
    40% friend
    21% Family members
    17% Parent(s)
    15% Spouse/Partner

Gender in Gaming

Male gamers: 59%
    Female gamers: 41%

However, once again the number of women gamers over 18 years old tops the number of male gamers under 18.
    Women over 18: 31%
    Males under 18: 17%

These numbers can certainly vary per study, but it does look like the number of female serious gamers are on a downward trend. The last time we checked in females were closer to 45%-48% of gamers.
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...-video-gamers/

Quote Originally Posted by Statista
    Today, 27 percent of U.S. video gamers are between the ages of 18 and 35, so roughly every third game enthusiast is a Millennial, with figures skewing more and more towards the younger generation with recent years. However, 26 percent of surveyed Americans who admitted to playing video games were at least 50 years old. Those who play console games, do so for an average of 29 hours per month as per calculations from the second quarter of 2016. Regardless of age or gender, U.S. video gamers seem mostly interested in action and shooter games, as those were the two most popular video game genres in 2016 based on share of sales.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Wasn't this thread about Steve Bannon anyway? Even if I do have to admit almost anything is more interesting to talk about than Steve Bannon.
    It was. The Bannon supporters on this thread argued that the gamer community didnt change in answer to my statement that Bannon actually failed to influence the gamer community, and that the gamer community changed to the complete opposite of what Bannon aimed to get them to.

The good news is that the nowadays audience of computer games is a broad audience, and not the "white males" alone anymore which bannon and Yiannopulous hyped to burn feminism in Gamergate.

At the end, the gamergate story completely created the opposite of what the fascist Bannon and the pedophile supporter Yiannopulous tried to achieve.

They lost the battle. They just dont know it yet. The gamer scene isnt dominated by "white right males" nowadays, but by all kind of people, a colorful mix of genders and ages, a mix of cultures and ideas.
    hello reddit
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Deleted
    I dont really care what you believe is a video game or not. At the end we talk about a hobby which is mainstream nowadays. No matter if people own consoles, computers, or just a mobile they use to play games.

Bannon and Pedophilopulous lost that game. The typical gamer nowadays is black and female.
    What world are you living in where this is true?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    What world are you living in where this is true?
    I made that statement based on the console sales statistic i posted. Well, other statistics see other numbers, but only slightly. At the end most meet at 45% female gamers and 55% male gamers.

Deleted
    I made that statement based on the console sales statistic i posted. Well, other statistics see other numbers, but only slightly. At the end most meet at 45% female gamers and 55% male gamers.
    So the average is male.

You just disproved your own statement.

Deleted
    So the average is male.

You just disproved your own statement.
    Well, lets say that the conclusion of that single statement wasnt validated by other statistics. Still literally gamers are half female half male nowadays. And that is what my argumentation was about. The argument was about the fact the gaming community changed from a nerd-vana male dominated niche activity into being mainstream , and the statistics i posted actually supported that claim.

The console sales i referred to, arent also invalidated, it was just limited to the studies current take on numbers from console sales, and in that statistic they had more female player buying consoles than males, and more black players playing console than white players.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-07-20 at 07:59 PM.

Deleted
    Well, lets say that the conclusion of that single statement wasnt validated by other statistics. Still literally gamers are half female half male nowadays. And that is what my argumentation was about. The argument was about the fact the gaming community changed from a nerf-vana into a mainstream media, and the statistics i posted actually supported that claim.
    Certain aspects of gaming are becoming mainstream, Mobile Games/Facebook Games etc are considered socially acceptable now, but among older generations, consoles are still looked down on, and PC Gaming is still looked on as incredibly nerdy by the majority of people.

There's a vast difference between someone who plays a few hours of Candy Crush or Clash of Clans a week, and someone who plays World of Warcraft every day.

That is what people are trying to tell you.

"Gamers" aren't one group, they never have been, and they never will be.
    Last edited by mmoc8116b97f51; 2017-07-20 at 08:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    hey guys let's have a fucking huge strawman of semantics about what gamer identity is herp a derp a derp. What the fuck is this thread even?

Deleted
    "Gamers" aren't one group, they never have been, and they never will be.
    Actually they are one group. A group of people who play games regularily.

Do i have to quote Mary Ann Webster again?

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont really care what you believe is a video game or not. At the end we talk about a hobby which is mainstream nowadays. No matter if people own consoles, computers, or just a mobile they use to play games.

Bannon and Pedophilopulous lost that game. The typical gamer nowadays is black and female.
    Wait a minute... I thought we were being taught that race and gender are oppressive constructs and that our genders and racial identities were fluid and we could be whomever we wanted to be?
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2017-07-20 at 08:11 PM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    hey guys let's have a fucking huge strawman of semantics about what gamer identity is herp a derp a derp. What the fuck is this thread even?
    It's about the fact Bannon and his propagandists tried to influence the gaming community to rebuild in their shape.

Which fortunately didnt happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's about the fact Bannon and his propagandists tried to influence the gaming community to rebuild in their shape.

Which fortunately didnt happen.
    Yes god forbid a certain group of people play video games. How horrible. The OP was less than 10 words about how Bannon is the owner of a gold farming company. You had to go ahead and bring up Gamergate because you couldn't resist virtue signalling for some reason.

Deleted
    Actually they are one group. A group of people who play games regularily.

Do i have to quote Mary Ann Webster again?
    You can quote whoever you want, but you know i'm right.

Video Gaming has always been a divided hobby, it's too wide and varied to be anything else.