Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    You'd have to be pretty fucking dimwitted to be fucked by a woman with a strap-on and not notice it.
    Even dumber immediately fucking someone u've never seen before.
    What if it was actual Lebron? You'd be looking at 3 homicides.

Well this is just bizarre...
    During the retrial the victim, who gave evidence behind a curtain, told the court she was persuaded by the defendant to wear a blindfold at all times when they met.
    meeting a man from the internet and they insist you wear a blindfold at all times...yeah nothing bad is going to happen there.....

Somehow the defense that it was simple ERP and they were both gay is MUCH more reasonable than to believe she had sex 3 times with a stranger without seeing him at all. Door to bed blindfolded?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I don't know the law, but I also don't think she's much of a victim since it was consensual. Plus you'd think a blindfold would have been a huge red flag.
    Rape by deception is a crime in which the perpetrator has the victim's agreement and compliance, but gains it through deception or fraudulent statements or actions.

How is she not a victim?
    Only a great fool would vote for a lunatic. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the candidate on the Right.

But they must have known I was not a great fool, and would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the corrupt candidate on the Left.

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeCreeper View Post
    Rape by deception is a crime in which the perpetrator has the victim's agreement and compliance, but gains it through deception or fraudulent statements or actions.

How is she not a victim?
    Barney Stinson would rot in jail if they used this

15+ Year Old Account

How is she not a victim?
    Then let's lock up every guy that says I like you to get a girl into bed

Then let's lock up every guy that says I like you to get a girl into bed
    Well, we are locking up guys for having sex with a girl after giving her a few drinks...
    Only a great fool would vote for a lunatic. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the candidate on the Right.

But they must have known I was not a great fool, and would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the corrupt candidate on the Left.

7+ Year Old Account

How is she not a victim?
    Calling it "rape by deception" is a stretch. So if a guy tells a girl he's rich and she sleeps with him and turns out he's actually broke, that's "rape"? Sorry, that's fucking retarded. There has to be a degree of personal responsibility. Also, "rape" literally means "without consent". If you give consent, even under a false premise, you still gave consent, thus it's not rape. If a false premise that would otherwise prevent someone from sleeping with you changes the encounter to "rape", then that's really going to change the rape statistics. I would agree in this case that's some degree of sexual assault, but it's not rape.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, we are locking up guys for having sex with a girl after giving her a few drinks...
    Which I think is idiotic as well. If this chick would be willing to put on a blindfold for 2 years she obviously liked "him". Only feelings were hurt so who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Calling it "rape by deception" is a stretch. So if a guy tells a girl she's rich and she sleeps with him and turns out he's actually broke, that's "rape"? Sorry, that's fucking retarded. There has to be a degree of personal responsibility. Also, "rape" literally means "without consent". If you give consent, even under a false premise, you still gave consent, thus it's not rape. If a false premise that would otherwise prevent someone from sleeping with you changes the encounter to "rape", then that's really going to change the rape statistics.
    I'm not the one who coined it rape by deception. That's the legal system. Some jurisdictions call it rape-by-fraud.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not the one who coined it rape by deception. That's the legal system. Some jurisdictions call it rape-by-fraud.
    Well, wherever that's a law, they better be arresting girls who falsely claim to be on the pill, etc, for rape, too.

Which I think is idiotic as well. If this chick would be willing to put on a blindfold for 2 years she obviously liked "him". Only feelings were hurt so who cares.
    What about if a guy goes into a women's bed and pretends to be her boyfriend. Similar features, similar voice, but it is dark so she can't see him. Only later does the women realize it was not her boyfriend. Was this rape? I mean, she did consent.

In some jurisdictions this is rape, in others it is not. In the jurisdiction from the OP, it is rape.

10+ Year Old Account
    "During the retrial the victim, who gave evidence behind a curtain, told the court she was persuaded by the defendant to wear a blindfold at all times when they met."
    I find it hard to believe someone is this stupid; the defense seems far more plausible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

15+ Year Old Account
    What about if a guy goes into a women's bed and pretends to be her boyfriend. Similar features, similar voice, but it is dark so she can't see him. Only later does the women realize it was not her boyfriend. Was this rape? I mean, she did consent.

In some jurisdictions this is rape, in others it is not. In the jurisdiction from the OP, it is rape.
    It's not, but I wouldn't blame the women or boyfriend for being absolutely furious.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I find it hard to believe someone is this stupid; the defense seems far more plausible.
    I think so too, but I mean look at all the news stories coming out about even dumber stuff than this. People are funny.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2017-07-20 at 07:14 PM.

She didn't consent to have sex with that woman, she consented to have sex with a man. The man she consented to have sex with did not exist. Therefore the man she consented to have sex with was, categorically, not the woman she was having sex with. This was rape, clean and simple. Everyone arguing she consented has not taken the 2 seconds necessary to think this through.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zebreck View Post
    She didn't consent to have sex with that woman, she consented to have sex with a man. The man she consented to have sex with did not exist. Therefore the man she consented to have sex with was, categorically, not the woman she was having sex with. This was rape, clean and simple. Everyone arguing she consented has not taken the 2 seconds necessary to think this through.
    Rape refers specifically to a lack of consent. Consent under false premise is not the same thing as lack of consent. Otherwise, guys who tell girls they love them to get a piece are "raping" them. The negative implications of the term itself then becomes non-existent because a word only carries the value of its weakest connotation and lying about something to get some isn't that big a deal. Most people have done it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Rape refers specifically to a lack of consent. Consent under false premise is not the same thing as lack of consent. Otherwise, guys who tell girls they love them to get a piece are "raping" them. The negative implications of the term itself then becomes non-existent because a word only carries the value of its weakest connotation and lying about something to get some isn't that big a deal. Most people have done it.
    There's a slight difference

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    There's a slight difference
    There's a huge difference between actual rape and false-premise consent. Unless you're referring to pretending to being a guy vs a guy pretending they love a girl, in which case, yes, a slight difference, but nonetheless an equally valid comparison. You can't exactly make a list of "acceptable" false premise situations, especially when you completely discount personal responsibility. For sure, this was a case of sexual assault based on a false premise. But her agreeing to wear a blindfold inherently places part of the blame on her. She has a responsibility to make sure the person she's having sex with is, in fact, the person she thinks she's having sex with. So either all case of false-premise consent are "rape" or none of them are.

Deleted
    Six years for something like this?

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Then why it she arrested She consented for sex with a man, not a woman with a dildo. If not rape it's definitely sexual assault
    She consented to sex. She consented to a blindfold.

- - - Updated - - -

How is she not a victim?
    No it's not.