Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Wait, Southrend... OF COURSE! The Old Gods and Void borrow from Lovecraft, and one of the most well known Lovecraft stories is At the Mountains of Madness, which is about an expedition to Antarctica! An unexplored Southrend would be an epic parallel to that story, with our chance to see actual Black Empire structures beneath the ice.
    Goddamnit, now you made me want my stupid joke.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I'm perfectly happy with whatever Blizz cooks up. They are talented enough that they can make most things interesting. Even WoD was somewhat interesting at the start and it's mostly the fact they abandoned the whole thing shortly after starting that kept it from being a satisfying story.

BUT,

I'd LOVE for a return of the Scourge one day. The Old Gods just seem to want to kill everything, maybe try to corrupt you, but you'd have the choice to kill yourself if you were going insane. Same holds true for pretty much every other enemy we've faced. You can fight them to your death and go down in glory.

The Scourge let's you kill yourself fighting them, then raises you into Undeath and makes you fight for them, untill your corpse falls apart. There's no escape from them. The inevitability of knowing you HAVE to beat the Scourge, cause you can't die trying. If you lose friends fighting the Scourge, you are going to end up fighting them as raised enemies. For every friend you lose, you gain an enemy. There's no end and no escape, unless you defeat the Lich King.

That always tickled me as it goes for an enemy. Scourge is a special type of enemy and I'd love to see a return to their themes, in some way, some day.
    A second expansion that focuses on the Spider Kingdom and Kel'Thuzad would be interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I'm at a loss as to how the DoT knocked over my mailbox.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    I have high hopes that we don't have to wait for expansion for a year. IMHO Blizzcon will clarify a lot of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    I'm pretty sure they'll release it around September 2019 the latest I assume? I would even bet a Spring 2019 release.
    To me will be from summer to winter 2018.
    If we got Argus patch in september, if it's scheduled like previous patches, the raid will be open after 4-11 weeks. This means that we got 6-8 months to finish the Legion content. So, the next exspansion will be avaiable between august-october 2018.

This is quite similar to Legion, in that case, the annuncement will happen at Gamescon and the Beta will be start at the beginning of 2018. If the annuncement will be at Blizzcon, the beta probably will be launch later.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

7+ Year Old Account
    I made that Fury of the Sea logo, so can confirm, IT'S LEGIT #fakenews not sure why there's some weird trailer with it lol.

http://imgur.com/ZWLMcVC

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Goddamnit, now you made me want my stupid joke.
    There's validity to this, in fact I'd almost say for certain there's another continent south of Pandaria. Look at the climates of the southern zones on Kalimdor and Eastern kingdoms. They're desert or tropical, which is what you'd find near the equator. You would expect to find a similar icy zone towards the south pole. The most southern part of Pandaria still isn't anywhere near what you'd expect.

Now with all the old gods accounted for, I don't expect there's an old God there, but there could be a Titan settlement or something cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Comfortable View Post
    There's validity to this, in fact I'd almost say for certain there's another continent south of Pandaria. Look at the climates of the southern zones on Kalimdor and Eastern kingdoms. They're desert or tropical, which is what you'd find near the equator. You would expect to find a similar icy zone towards the south pole. The most southern part of Pandaria still isn't anywhere near what you'd expect.

Now with all the old gods accounted for, I don't expect there's an old God there, but there could be a Titan settlement or something cool.
    My idea IMO they could do if needed is the Void lords send another Old God to Azeroth but somewhere unseen.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

So in lore (I've heard), all of Azeroth is getting destroyed by Legion, not just Broken Isles.

So it'd make total sense that the world would look pretty different after the invasions are over. If ever there was another ideal time to update the world, this would be it.

The period between Cata and now is longer than the period between vanilla and cata. It's due.

I think part of the expansion will be just that. An updated Azeroth.

Deleted
    I just want guild halls

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlastet View Post
    I just want guild halls
    Guild halls would be dope. Would be cooler to go into one of those to do missions and your guildiess were there. The class halls are a cool idea, I like them, but would be way cooler to run into your guildmates.

Quote Originally Posted by MabusGaming View Post
    Guild halls would be dope. Would be cooler to go into one of those to do missions and your guildiess were there. The class halls are a cool idea, I like them, but would be way cooler to run into your guildmates.
    Class halls would have been better if they were faction specific.

I doubt there will be ever guild halls in wow. This type of content sounds very tricky. The idea itself is neat, but imagine if its just an instance for your guild to hang out? Nope, not worth it. If its something that require communal approach to maintain and develop further, then how would you feel if after putting hours of work into it, you got kicked for whatever reason? Will you be willing to put those hours again in a different guild? Probably not. Also there will be hundreds if not thousands of loners who will create guilds just so they can have their own personal guild hall. Sounds like a recipe for disaster from hardware point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Is it possible that the new mounts being introduced in 7.3 are using skeletons from 8.0 mounts?
    Those are just the gryphon skeletons that have been used in the game since...vanilla? Although they may have been updated in MoP when the models got updated.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverCoin View Post
    World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Witch Queen?
    Wohl of Wahcwaf: Waf of da Whip Cweam?

Talking about mounts... Blizzard Store mounts usually hinted at next expansions.

Heart of Aspects (end of Cata) was similar to Cloud Serpents (MoP)
    During MoP, they added te Feydragon, armored rylak (forgot the names) and Grinning Reaver mounts. All of those returned as flight point mounts in WoD.
    During WoD, they added the manasaber mount, which was later added as a NPC mount for nightborne in Legion.

(Un)fortunately, they didn't add any store mounts this time. But some people have guessed that the many new water mounts from Legion (the fish one from Mardoss, the jellyfish one from the faceless boss in the island south, the ray one from Darkmoon Fairie) could be hints towards next expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkaliciouz View Post
    Those are just the gryphon skeletons that have been used in the game since...vanilla? Although they may have been updated in MoP when the models got updated.
    Precisely, it's the WotLK DK Gryphon. Uses the usual gryphon skeleton, but the wings were probably used as a base for the wing model, same as the talons.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    To me will be from summer to winter 2018.
    If we got Argus patch in september, if it's scheduled like previous patches, the raid will be open after 4-11 weeks. This means that we got 6-8 months to finish the Legion content. So, the next exspansion will be avaiable between august-october 2018.

This is quite similar to Legion, in that case, the annuncement will happen at Gamescon and the Beta will be start at the beginning of 2018. If the annuncement will be at Blizzcon, the beta probably will be launch later.
    Basically what I'm assuming happens. We get Argus in Sept/October. Raid opens Dec/Jan (along with some other content in the 7.3.5 patch to help keep us busy). Prepatch in July. Expansion launches in august, 2 years after legion launched. It matches the 7.x and 7.x.5 pacing so far.

There might always be delays but we're probably not going to get a content drought like we've had in the past. Blizzard has so far figured out a good pacing for content and they've demonstrated that they can do it with every patch for Legion so far. Could that change? possibly. But I think they're working very hard on keeping the pace up.

Quote Originally Posted by MabusGaming View Post
    Guild Halls are no good idea and will not find their way into the game (at least not as important hubs for players). Why? Many players don't have guilds (like me). You can't center something around a feature not every player can use. Class Halls on the other hand are usable for everyone.

Frozen Lich Jaina

Quote Originally Posted by ponies View Post
    Frozen Lich Jaina
    At this rate, we're going to have a GoT-like war between Bolvar, Sylvanas and Jaina for the Frozen Throne...

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    At this rate, we're going to have a GoT-like war between Bolvar, Sylvanas and Jaina for the Frozen Throne...
    Oh my god... yes.... And players could choose who they want to back in to the Scourge Civil War. Omg. Yes.