Page 1 of 3
LastLast

OJ Simpson granted parole after serving 9 of possible 33 years

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...arole-hearing/

After nearly nine years in prison, O.J. Simpson was granted his freedom Thursday by four members of the Nevada Board of Parole Commissioners and will leave prison on or after Oct. 1.

The Hall of Famer reacted emotionally and with a smile as each of the four delivered their votes on whether he should be freed after serving nearly nine years of a nine-to-33-year sentence for 12 convictions, including kidnapping and armed robbery, stemming from a 2007 sting operation in which he tried to recover sports memorabilia from two collectors.

-snip-
    What are your thoughts? Do you think he served an appropriate amount of time (the minimum) or do you think he should have had to serve a longer sentence?
    Only a great fool would vote for a lunatic. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the candidate on the Right.

But they must have known I was not a great fool, and would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the corrupt candidate on the Left.

Meh, 70 years old, most girls can out run him now.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Fuck OJ, that's what I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    9 years for armed robbery is pretty appropriate... but that whole murder thing on the other hand...

I didn't realize he was 70. According to this A.P. article he accidentally told them his age was 90.
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/...cid=spartanntp

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    I didn't realize he was 70. According to this A.P. article he accidentally told them his age was 90.
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/...cid=spartanntp
    The article says the chairwoman of the parole board accidentally stated his age as 90.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

15+ Year Old Account
    I dunno. He doesn't seem like a very productive member of society anymore. I guess we'll see if he keeps out of trouble.

Now he can continue to hunt for the real killers.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I dunno. He doesn't seem like a very productive member of society anymore. I guess we'll see if he keeps out of trouble.
    I don't know. He'll be living off his own dime instead of the government's and still paying taxes so I'd say he'll still be a more "productive member of society" than good bit of the population.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

When the whole OJ ting happen in the 90s I didn't pay much attention to the trial and figured they would find him guilty.

Recently I watched the "People vs OJ". I knew it would be dramatized but what was crazy was that most of the crazy things that happened in the show I thought to myself, "naw that didn't happen" but I researched it and actually did happened! That trial was a fucking circus.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    When the whole OJ ting happen in the 90s I didn't pay much attention to the trial and figured they would find him guilty.

Recently I watched the "People vs OJ". I knew it would be dramatized but what was crazy was that most of the crazy things that happened in the show I thought to myself, "naw that didn't happen" but I researched it and actually did happened! That trial was a fucking circus.
    There's a couple documentaries out there, the one on ESPN is some of the greatest TV ever. I'd highly recommend it to anyone.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

He will always be Nordberg from The Naked Gun for me.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post

The press treated Marcia Clark horrible.

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/ri...son-net-worth/
    -snip-
    He was subsequently convicted in a civil trial and was ordered to pay $33.5 million in damages to the Goldman and Brown families. To date, he as paid approximately $500,000 of those damages.
    -snip-
    Pension money: OJ reportedly has a fully funded an NFL pension that before he went to prison in 2008 was worth $2-5 million. He has obviously not had access to that money while he has been incarcerated. He also has a pension from the NFL that pays $200-300,000 per year plus a relatively small pension from the Screen Actor's Guild. None of this money can be touched by the Goldman family.
    He has barely made a dent in the money he owes the Goldman and Brown families. He is worth millions, but likely won't pay much more than he already has. This guy truly is a piece of shit.

What gets me is the thousands of people serving life behind bars for nonviolent offenses, yet here is a man with a history of violence serving the minimum. The system really is screwed up.
    Only a great fool would vote for a lunatic. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the candidate on the Right.

But they must have known I was not a great fool, and would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the corrupt candidate on the Left.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    He will always be Nordberg from The Naked Gun for me.
    Watching those segments of the movies always hurts me. Maybe he should've gotten the role for Terminator after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    The article says the chairwoman of the parole board accidentally stated his age as 90.
    I skimmed it. I though he gave it to the chairwoman as 90. I stand corrected.

Deleted
    I thought he did well in "the naked gun". Thats actually the only publication i watched where Mr. Simpson appeared.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    I don't know. He'll be living off his own dime instead of the government's and still paying taxes so I'd say he'll still be a more "productive member of society" than good bit of the population.
    I meant that I don't think criminals are productive members even if they pay taxes. As long as he stays out of trouble, it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Watching those segments of the movies always hurts me. Maybe he should've gotten the role for Terminator after all.
    Life is all about choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    As long as he stays the fuck away from Hollywood, I'm good. But according to his lawyer he's mentioned that all he wants to do is to spend time with his family and play golf now.