Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it allows me to get cool rewards exclusive to rated PvP already then sure. Would probably upset people but can't be fucked to form consistent groups for rated PvP so casual BGs is all I do now

I think it would make PvP more popular now that I think about it. One of the big walls limiting casuals is the crazy requirements people want and in general forming groups is a chore for a lot of the casual player base.
    Last edited by Dug; 2017-07-20 at 08:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MagusHenosis View Post
    Na, that's a damn lie!!!

TONS of casuals played (and had a good time) in TBC, even though it was more hardcore than Legion.

You lost the casuals versus hardcore WAR ok.

It's over, and the casual lose.

DEAL WITH IT IMO!!!!
    So why exactly does this thread exist... are you looking for people to agree with you and you'll rage like a toddler at anyone that doesn't? If that is the case you probably should have advised us of that in your OP.

what casual v hardcore 'war'?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Want to fix rated pvp? Here are some blatantly obvious ways to improve it drastically: Introduce rated solo queue with personal mmr, bring back pvp currency to BUY pvp gear not this rng loot system, eliminate the stat template bullshit, remove racials in pvp like they did with trinkets, expand upon the pvp talent system, and introduce NEW arenas/bgs much more frequently. If they did this you'd see an explosion of growth in the pvp scene.
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    You don't want to hear anything but agreement. Why the hell do your kind even post if you don't have the guts to look at counter arguments and discuss things? No, you throw a tantrum. /ignored
    All you did was slander me here lol.

How TRULY ironic.....
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Making everything ranked would reduce participation even more because not everyone wants to worry about rankings or have someone flip their shit because they lost rating due to people not knowing/caring about what to do.
    If the mood strikes and I actually queue for a BG (very rarely does it strike), I don't want any more asshattery than what currently happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracerz07 View Post
    Want to fix rated pvp? Here are some blatantly obvious ways to improve it drastically: Introduce rated solo queue with personal mmr, bring back pvp currency to BUY pvp gear not this rng loot system, eliminate the stat template bullshit, remove racials in pvp like they did with trinkets, expand upon the pvp talent system, and introduce NEW arenas/bgs much more frequently. If they did this you'd see an explosion of growth in the pvp scene.
    The solo queue rated thing is REALLY starting to grow on me, I am not even going to lie.

I am so tired of rated PvP being a "cheaters only" club.

Since I am not a cheater, I am not welcome in that club lol.

Not that I even want to be in it.

A rated solo queue could possibly do a lot for the game imo.
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-07-20 at 08:51 PM.

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

10+ Year Old Account
    All you did was slander me here lol.

How TRULY ironic.....
    Every single reply of yours is nothing but a tantrum if you disagree. Also, learn what slander means.

Anyway, reported. You don't want to have a constructive discussion so there's no reason for this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    Making everything ranked would reduce participation even more because not everyone wants to worry about rankings or have someone flip their shit because they lost rating due to people not knowing/caring about what to do.
    If the mood strikes and I actually queue for a BG (very rarely does it strike), I don't want any more asshattery than what currently happens.
    They could still do the rated solo queue idea though, even if they didn't do the all instanced PvP is rated idea....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Every single reply of yours is nothing but a tantrum if you disagree. Also, learn what slander means.

Anyway, reported. You don't want to have a constructive discussion so there's no reason for this thread.
    It is a lot of you who do it all the time, that don't know what it means lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I am like kryptonite to entitled casuals.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    So why exactly does this thread exist... are you looking for people to agree with you and you'll rage like a toddler at anyone that doesn't? If that is the case you probably should have advised us of that in your OP.

what casual v hardcore 'war'?
    This thread exists, since rated PvP is such a damn mess!!!

Any other questions there???

- - - Updated - - -

What casual vs hardcore war lol???

The one that some you were making IRL death threats to the Blizz devs over!!!

That one!!!

Really lol???
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-07-20 at 08:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am like kryptonite to entitled casuals.....
    By being entitled yourself, I see?

Some gave some good ideas and others shared their opinions, instead you swiped at them.

A solo queue would be a better solution for your dear rated PvP, though it would be as hated as in Overwatch if you aren't prepared. As for your general idea, my opinion that it wouldn't help, is because your idea would've forced the 'casuals' as many like it, in to a ranking match vs. people whom wants it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

What casual vs hardcore war lol???

The one that some you were making IRL death threats to the Blizz devs over!!!

That one!!!

Really lol???
    kryptonite? seriously? your dual affliction of aggrievement and entitlement is blinding you.

If you are trying to fix RATED PVP why are you suggesting they shit all over unrated?

some of who? the continued existence of LFR and LFD shows you who if anyone won that 'war'.

But back to the source of your rage, You claim you want to 'Fix' Rated PVP, how exactly is removing unrated pvp going to do that? Be specific, if you are unable to be such, then make your case for why we should side with you anyway and support this.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Doesn't normal queue already incorporate a hidden MMR system? If the goal is to reduce stigma, I think a more effective solution would be to do something like incorporate more visually stimulating rewards like bronze, silver, gold, diamond, and platinum ranks. Perhaps a brief highlight of the match, or even an MVP screen that tracks special accomplishments like interrupting two clutch heals, landing a good CC chain, or juking two interrupts, or countering a critical defensive ability, etc. etc. so players can get a better idea of the types of things that lead to successful matches. They could even work on a PvP ranked tutorial mode, that tries to educate new players on what ranked is like while providing a safe place to practice scenarios and how to overcome them.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    You suggestion would solve nothing and would make things even worse for many.

-- edit #1

You're basically suggesting to alienate a bigger part of PvP community for the sake of minority. I mean, even casual PvP isn't really a friendly thing, but it's manageable. Rated though, hehe...
    That is not what I am suggesting at all lol!!!

The only problem here, is people THINKING that they are good, when most of them aren't at all!!!

It's an issue with being delusional, and entitlement OK.....

- - - Updated - - -

Let's all be honest here, and admit that rated PvP is a total mess, and normal BGs are a total joke???

Something has to give OK, or things will remain this way, I ASSURE YOU.....

- - - Updated - - -

The truth is, that many of you just want to FEEL like you are close to the best players in the game skill wise, and if you actually are or not in reality isn't really important to you.

The more the game is dumbed down, the better you FEEL you are compared to the best players in the game, but in reality, you are the same player either way. The only difference is the PERCEPTION!!!

One thing is in fact true though, and it's that when you give "bad players" an unfair advantage via OP specs, they will in fact often take down good players on underpowered specs because of it.

What this has OBVIOUSLY led to though, is a community of "I want 37 birthday presents" extremely entitled players like the fat kid in Harry Potter!!! You are crazed by your lust for power, but instead of increasing your power yourself to become better (as I have done), you want Blizzard to do it for you!!!

I AM THE EXACT FUCKING OPPOSITE OF THAT JUST SO YOU KNOW!!!

/FLEX!!!

I AM HARDCORE INCARNATE!!!

I farm 1000s upon 1000s of BG wins to become better YO!!!

Prestige???

I was doing that shit anyways lol!!!

THAT is how things are in REALITY OK!!!
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-07-20 at 11:11 PM.

This would be a bad idea. Unrated is there for a reason. Unrated allows for casual play, where the atmosphere is somewhat stress-free because you aren't being held to a ridiculous standard, can try out new things, and can hop into any BG as you please.

Forcing everyone into the competitive scene that is the rated mode, would just discourage a lot of players from que'ing up for pvp at all. This is because of the inherent toxicity of the competitive scene, and stringent schedule that is comparable to a hard-core raiding guilds schedule.

- Wants everything to be rated, so he can gain rating by farming casuals anywhere;
    - Says everyone is a pleb, and he's hardcore and skilled like no other, but complains that can't getting rating is hard because everyone who's better is a cheater.

What a joke Nice bait though...
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-07-20 at 10:09 PM.

I am starting to think more and more that it would be a good idea.

What do y'all think???
    No, what would be the point?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, absolutely not, and I fail to see how it would 'fix' rated PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    - Wants everything to be rated, so he can gain rating by farming casuals anywhere;
    - Says everyone is a pleb, and he's hardcore and skilled like no other, but complains that can't getting rating is hard because everyone who's better is a cheater.

What a joke Nice bait though...
    I like how you almost totally ignored (and OBVIOUSLY intentionally misdirected) the part about there being a MASSIVE cheating problem in rated PvP as it is now!!!

You BADLY twisted my words around here, you word twisting hater!!!

I NEVER SAID that everyone who is better is a cheater, you liar!!!

By the way, I am better than EVERYONE ELSE in PvP outside of the arena, just so you know!!! I even invented a new way to play the Mage class in PvP, OUT OF NECESSITY lol!!!

This is true even though they cheat!!!

I am better than any bot out there now!!!

REALITY OK!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No, what would be the point?
    The point lol, is that rated PvP is a cesspit of cheating, and normal BGs are a TOTAL JOKE!!!

Clearly it would be nice for BOTH of these things to change!!!

I can answer them like crazy, since I am so damn intelligent now lol!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Doesn't normal queue already incorporate a hidden MMR system? If the goal is to reduce stigma, I think a more effective solution would be to do something like incorporate more visually stimulating rewards like bronze, silver, gold, diamond, and platinum ranks. Perhaps a brief highlight of the match, or even an MVP screen that tracks special accomplishments like interrupting two clutch heals, landing a good CC chain, or juking two interrupts, or countering a critical defensive ability, etc. etc. so players can get a better idea of the types of things that lead to successful matches. They could even work on a PvP ranked tutorial mode, that tries to educate new players on what ranked is like while providing a safe place to practice scenarios and how to overcome them.
    - - - Updated - - -

It may, I honestly dont even know if it does, but what I do know, is that I would LIKE to do rated PvP, but I made the choice to stop doing it, because I seen whole teams of kicbotters, and like 2-3 of my mates being ddosed out, making us lose the game. That isnt even yet mentioning dodgers, and other problems with cheating in rated PvP.

The truth is, that rated PvP was taken over by cheating delusional and in some cases even quite CASUAL players, since they were cheating so much that skill started to not be the most important factor anymore lol.

Once I learned all this, and seen just how often the "top players" were getting caught cheating, I was done with rated, at least for a while.

Well, what happened was that by not doing rated, I no kidding became the VERY BEST player for PvP outside of the arena. Mind blowing I know, yet it happened nonetheless.

So now I am doing lots of normal BGs, and having a good time AT TIMES (which is the only reason I still do it), but most of the time, they are just a total noobish disaster, with people scattering all over the map, and NOT focusing, and NOT helping their mates.

I am in such a tight spot right now, since I don't want to do rated really AT ALL currently, but at the same time, I am VERY displeased with the EXTREME lack of skill that I USUALLY see in normal BGs.

Is it not reasonable for me to voice these concerns???

I am only doing it here, and not on the offical boards, since those were HARDCORE taken over by the haters, and I just have no interest to post there at the moment.

What happened was that the casuals won the BATTLE there for a while, but then in the long term, us hardcore players won the WAR!!!

How in the holy hell could the casuals win a war against the hardcore lol???

Anyone???

And get this, Blizzard even had the class to try it the casual's way, which ended up proving 100% without a doubt, that the game is MUCH better off being hardcore instead of casual (overall).

TBC>WOD OK, and it's just as simple as that!!!

Take that casuals!!!
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-07-20 at 10:57 PM.

The solo queue rated thing is REALLY starting to grow on me, I am not even going to lie.
    If they added a solo queue to RBGs, I would be fine with it.

I did Yolo RBGs for a while and realized that rating does essentially split people into "sports leagues" (as long as enough people are queuing) which I think is a good thing.

Also, I've had some experiences in random BGs where arena teams were practicing their CC chains in the middle...and that's unpleasant for everyone.

I am starting to think more and more that it would be a good idea.

What do y'all think???
    Why do you think that?

7+ Year Old Account
    As bad as some people are at this game a lot of people claims is "easy" hell no