Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Wait a minute... I thought we were being taught that race and gender are oppressive constructs
    No, they arent. Being racist and discrediting people due to their sexual orientation actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I give you:

"Steve Bannon Saw the ‘Monster Power’ of Angry Gamers While Farming Gold in World of Warcraft"

http://nymag.com/selectall/2017/07/s...d-farming.html
    That article is nonsense, written by a crackpot who writes conjecture for a living.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    It's about the fact Bannon and his propagandists tried to influence the gaming community to rebuild in their shape.

Which fortunately didnt happen.
    The irony and lack of self awareness in this statement is staggering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    I bet he even played on Mal'ganis.
    Hey now... nothing wrong with playing there.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Yes god forbid a certain group of people play video games. How horrible. The OP was less than 10 words about how Bannon is the owner of a gold farming company. You had to go ahead and bring up Gamergate because you couldn't resist virtue signalling for some reason.
    It is no virtue signaling talking about Bannon and what he became. And what he and his puppet Milo tried to do to the gaming community. Actually even the article quoted talks about that. You would have known if you read the article.

And i am happy if as many groups or people as possible play computer games. It is a mainstream hobby, and as more people play games, as better they get and as more epic they get.

Who would have believed that video game development would turn into the industry it is nowadays 30 years ago? With AAA projects consuming billions of dollars and giving fun to a even bigger growing community of gamers?
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-07-20 at 08:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they arent. Being racist and discrediting people due to their sexual orientation actually is.
    No we're discrediting people because they're using their race/gender/sexual orientation to silence others based on the "oppressive stack".

Deleted
    No we're discrediting people because they're using their race/gender/sexual orientation to silence others based on the "oppressive stack".
    And that happens where in this thread? Do you want to derail the discussion?

10+ Year Old Account
    And that happens where in this thread? Do you want to derail the discussion?
    Are you? Why are you bringing up gamergate in a thread about Steve Bannon?

Deleted
    Are you? Why are you bringing up gamergate in a thread about Steve Bannon?
    I didnt bring it up. It was in the news the OP refered to. Do you actually read postings in threads in which you participate? In special the articles they refer to?

Quote Originally Posted by The Article about Bannon
    Bannon would go on to aggressively court this audience when brought on to help Andrew Breitbart build out his ultra-right-wing news-and-entertainment site. It was Bannon who hired Milo Yiannopoulos, recognizing him as someone who could whip up disaffected gamers. (Indeed, Yiannopoulos — who previously had no interest in gaming — rode Gamergate and its attendant rage to fame and page views.)
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-07-20 at 08:21 PM.

“introduced him to a hidden world, burrowed deep into his psyche, and provided a kind of conceptual framework that he would later draw on to build up the audience for Breitbart News, and then to help marshal the online armies of trolls and activists that overran national politicians and helped give rise to Donald Trump.”

So BASICALLY it's World of Warcrafts fault for Breitbart news success, the deteriorating social morale of our country, and Trump becoming president.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didnt bring it up. It was in the news the OP refered to. Do you actually read postings in threads in which you participate? In special the articles they refer to?
    That is MILO you are talking about. Do you read? You're trying your hardest to bring up gamergate so you can get those virtue points to bash everyone who attacks you on it. Bannon has little to do with GG. It was Yiannopoulos who was one of the faces of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    So BASICALLY it's World of Warcrafts fault for Breitbart news success, the deteriorating social morale of our country, and Trump becoming president.
    It's the fault of the people who supported Breitbart. And who believed Bannons and Milos lies.

World of Warcraft is just a computer game, made by very talented game designers.

- - - Updated - - -

Bannon has little to do with GG. It was Yiannopoulos who was one of the faces of it.
    And Milo actually worked for Bannon. Once again.. read the article.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-07-20 at 08:34 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Foolish to think of yourselves as powerless. Easy to get on the bandwagon exactly for that reason without being critical of the message you're parroting. More importantly what is the goal? Manipulating negative emotions for political gain is an old trick and exactly why you'll never be able to fully trust any media outlet. Critical thinking: the objective analysis and evaluation of an issue in order to form a judgement. READ and THINK before blindly giving in to peer pressure most of all.

It's the fault of the people who supported Breitbart. And who believed Bannons and Milos lies.

World of Warcraft is just a computer game, made by very talented game designers.
    (Announcer voice)

And there goes the comment... right over your head... looks like it never came close to it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    And there goes the comment... right over your head... looks like it never came close to it!
    Yeah. Thanks for being so smart.