Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    lol. This is way simpler than you're making it out to be.

Are you running current tier Mythic raids? No, you're not. So it DOES NOT MATTER if you have your BiS legendary. Nobody is going to decline you for any other content. And if you were running Mythic raids, you'd likely already have your BiS and a lot more legendaries than six. Non. Issue.
    Thank you for this summary. OP clearly refuse to read a whole post, he takes what he needs and twist what he said.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengokuq View Post
    Ok, let's start from the beginning. I've played Legion the day it started. As my rogue, nothing else. I took a 3 month break earlier and came back 2 months ago. So far, I have 31 days played on this level(Might not seem much to some, but it is to me) and I've gotten 6 legendary items so far; Sephuz, Prydaz,Will of Valeera,Kings Crown(or whatevers it's called)Dreadlocks and Duskboots. As you can see, I literally have the worst legendary items. The only half good item is the Dusk and Dreadlord. Ok, you might be asking, what's your point here? Okay, my friend just came back to WoW and started leveling a druid. He has 2 days played on this character(level 110) and he literally has his 3 BiS. Is this fair to you? Does that seem fair? a month of playtime vs 2 days and he has a better thhan what I have? I am not crying about it. It's just annoying and seems unfair to me. I've been doing raids weekly, all mythic 0, Mythic +, daily world quests. The only thhing he does is a couple of mythic + here and there. Now, does that seem fair to you? Legion sucks. Legendary items wise.
    Exactly, and that's Legion's randomness for you, that epitome of randomness you might say, legendaries were a mistake to be In legion, at least In the diablo 3 style, but wait... don't we have Artifacts? Why do we need the legendary belt of the swashbuckling bastard or the sandals of the gnome kicker? (Made up ofc) They're making us too powerful this time around, If you felt too powerful In WoD being some kind of "Commander" Instead of adventurer you feel like a god now, you might as well be the next Titan Pantheon with all the powerful weapons we got.

It's hilariously bad, also side not make some space betwenn sentances, bloody hell man. But I still agree with you. Really legendaries shouldn't be that Important, but If you pretty much fail at getting a legendary which doesn't even depend on you, It's just luck based, well you can't come raid mythic with us, mate. What kinda system Is that? Legendaries are an objective must for high end raiding for hardcore raiding guilds. And even for PvPers, really - and that should not be the bloody case. You get normal gear, you go heroic, you get heroic gear, you go mythic, the end.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Really legendaries shouldn't be that Important, but If you pretty much fail at getting a legendary which doesn't even depend on you, It's just luck based, well you can't come raid mythic with us, mate. What kinda system Is that? Legendaries are an objective must for high end raiding for hardcore raiding guilds. And even for PvPers, really - and that should not be the bloody case. You get normal gear, you go heroic, you get heroic gear, you go mythic, the end.
    You have a weird idea of how end-game works. You don't jump to higher difficulties like that. A lot of people raid normal and then they're done with no desire or attempts to do heroic, the vast majority of players running Heroic don't ever raid Mythic. Less than 5% of the players in WoW ever raid Mythic. So at worst the amount of people negatively impacted by legendaries is 5%. It's really not the glaring issues, or even an issue at all, like it's made out to be.

Someone with a brain. Finally.
    Likely another person that did not get their legendary yet and cries himself to sleep at night. Their is an easy way to fix it, don't play the game and you won't be disappointed or play more and you will get what you want. My DH last and second last Lego's pre 7.2.5 were AotHG and Delusions. And at that time AotHG was 20+% dps upgrade at times. Guess what I did one the invasions started, ground out shards and got my ring......There are ways to get what you want but you are not willing to do it.

Are you running current tier Mythic raids? No, you're not. So it DOES NOT MATTER if you have your BiS legendary. Nobody is going to decline you for any other content. And if you were running Mythic raids, you'd likely already have your BiS and a lot more legendaries than six. Non. Issue.
    Not that I agree with the OP, in fact I don't, but I do disagree with you in saying it does not matter because he isn't doing current tier Mythic raids. Hate to break it to you but the number of people raiding in other difficulties vastly outnumbers those in Mythic raiding and many of those people DO care what their character has and can do. They may not get declined for content but they are in a sense competing with their guildies and friends on meters and doing your best is helped when you have the proper legendaries.

- - - Updated - - -

You have a weird idea of how end-game works. You don't jump to higher difficulties like that. A lot of people raid normal and then they're done with no desire or attempts to do heroic, the vast majority of players running Heroic don't ever raid Mythic. Less than 5% of the players in WoW ever raid Mythic. So at worst the amount of people negatively impacted by legendaries is 5%. It's really not the glaring issues, or even an issue at all, like it's made out to be.
    You have nothing to back up these magical 5% stats either. You think the only people negatively impacted are Mythic raiders and that is total bullshit. If you think some people aren't frustrated at a lack of proper legendaries or even quit because of getting horrible luck or the worst legendaries you are nuts. It could even be said it is worse for more casual players because they get less chances to get these items and can really get screwed over in what they DO get. Nothing feels worse than getting some poor legendaries when some of your guildies are hitting the RNG lottery.

Just think how many legendaries you'd have if you hadn't tapped out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, let's start from the beginning. I've played Legion the day it started. As my rogue, nothing else. I took a 3 month break earlier and came back 2 months ago. So far, I have 31 days played on this level(Might not seem much to some, but it is to me) and I've gotten 6 legendary items so far; Sephuz, Prydaz,Will of Valeera,Kings Crown(or whatevers it's called)Dreadlocks and Duskboots. As you can see, I literally have the worst legendary items. The only half good item is the Dusk and Dreadlord. Ok, you might be asking, what's your point here? Okay, my friend just came back to WoW and started leveling a druid. He has 2 days played on this character(level 110) and he literally has his 3 BiS. Is this fair to you? Does that seem fair? a month of playtime vs 2 days and he has a better thhan what I have? I am not crying about it. It's just annoying and seems unfair to me. I've been doing raids weekly, all mythic 0, Mythic +, daily world quests. The only thhing he does is a couple of mythic + here and there. Now, does that seem fair to you? Legion sucks. Legendary items wise.
    I was frost thought start EN/nighthold mythic progression, wanna know when i got the bis ring? On the day we started on Guldan, did fine without my bis, did i go on forums crying? no i didt.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

1- Means I've played from the start have have a decent amount of played time
    2- Six trash legendary items arent worth crap
    3- I am not crying, complaining more or less about the crappy legendary system
    4- Remove the RNG factor and make it just like MoP where you had a 100% chance to get it instead of grinding and then getting slammed by bad rng with the worst legendary

- - - Updated - - -

That's the thing, why won't they just remove the whole RNG factor? Make it more grindy but for fuck sake remove the RNG and let us enjoy the game. It really really pisses me off whenever I am in a mythic+/raid and see a freaking 880 something rogue with 2 bis and I am here be like, yea.. What I am saying is, my grinding isnt rewarding as I am hoping.
    You keep calling the boots trash -- that couldn't be less true. They are half of your BIS combo until you have T20 four piece... and even then, they are very strong. So yeah, you're crying and a bit clueless regarding the value of at least one of your legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    31 days played is like nothing. And stop blaming your poor dps on legendaries, they only make a few percent difference anyway. Most things are rng in wow, including ordinary loot and bonus rolls etc. You just have to play more to make up for your bad luck like everyone else. Since you already got so many bad legendaries your next ones are more likely to be good.
    Some classes legendaries can add up to 10% damage which is a considerable amount. Stop with the bullshit that legendaries are balanced and fine and it's only a couple percent. Because it's not for some specs.

i play regularly (doing hc clears, normal clears most weeks, and slow mythic raiding with instance 3/4 cleared on average , a high m+ per week and most of the daily emission stuff) and get a legendary every 2-3 weeks. now at 15 total. the place they require in bank is getting a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Some classes legendaries can add up to 10% damage which is a considerable amount. Stop with the bullshit that legendaries are balanced and fine and it's only a couple percent. Because it's not for some specs.
    Some specs (like arms warriors with the execute ring) don't really have a functional rotation without specific legendarys.

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    Some specs (like arms warriors with the execute ring) don't really have a functional rotation without specific legendarys.
    That's also a huge point as well. The rng element of them is atrocious.

7+ Year Old Account
    One of the most rant to me about leggendary is, when you collect the leggendary the you want for your main spec... its a problem to start collecting Leggendary for a second spec. You have to change your loot preference but at the same time you dont want miss the opportunity to find sometyhing bettar for you main spec.

As a hybrid class, I'd like to have same Leggendary for my resto spec, but at the same time I dont wanna risk to loose something good for my main spec. Also, every time you have to remember to change your loot spec...

So, basically I stop using my Resto spec...
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

RNG is RNG.
    Got my Shaman to 110 a few days ago. Went on a LFR Nighthold. Got a legendary on Skorp (Smoldering Heart) and another one on Krosus (Soul of the Farseer). Managed to equip both today. On my Hunter it took me like 3 months for my second legendary to drop.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    Gloves are still pretty good.

- - - Updated - - -

But then if you are hardcore and need that extra 10% to down Mythic KJ or w/e, then you probably already have most legendaries(its not that hard to get close to all if you played through start of legion). For the rest of us everything but unprocced sephuz will yield good enough dps if you itemize the rest of your gear properly. It's a fact that the worst legendaries got buffed and the best ones were nerfed. I dont find any good sims now, but lets say you play fury warrior then best legendary combo gives 12% damage increase compared to no legendaries and 915 bis. Prydaz + Rethus courage(crafed belt) gives 4% dmg increase each. so you lose 4% dmg compared to the best combo (Helm + legs).
    Last edited by barackohmama; 2017-07-20 at 07:36 PM.

Legendaries keep people logging in each day, the system isn't going to change (though it should) because for many its a carrot on a stick. Once everyone has their bis, daily logons go down, and people only log in for raids. Blizzard doesn't want that.

My biggest gripe is the spec system where generics count as 1 for all specs. That means if player a gets 2 generics as his first / second, player b can swap specs and get 6 before player a gets his 3rd.

I got my BIS for Arms and Fury on my Warrior fast; I could care less about legendaries on him now. On my Shaman, I have 10 of 12 and both are bis. That's about 4% dps I'm leaving out there. Doesn't matter if its Mythic (which I've done) or Normal, 4% is the same in any mode.

After getting the bracers for Prot, I don't know how Warrior tanks that don't have them sleep. They put that spec on the next level.

Following that logic... I've been raiding ToS since it opened and I still don't have the 4p bonus that would help me and that I really really want.
    Fuck Blizzard and their Personal Loot shit style of looting that doesn't help me because there's only 1 warlock in my raiding group.
    ... seriously, it's RNG and you've known that since day 1. If you don't like it... I don't know, stop trying to start a pity party here and go complain on the WoW forums and fight against it with your wallet?
    What's the point of this thread, really? Just a rant that you wanted to make and now sass your way to get this discussion closed?

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Gloves are still pretty good.

- - - Updated - - -

But then if you are hardcore and need that extra 10% to down Mythic KJ or w/e, then you probably already have most legendaries(its not that hard to get close to all if you played through start of legion). For the rest of us everything but unprocced sephuz will yield good enough dps if you itemize the rest of your gear properly. It's a fact that the worst legendaries got buffed and the best ones were nerfed. I dont find any good sims now, but lets say you play fury warrior then best legendary combo gives 12% damage increase compared to no legendaries and 915 bis. Prydaz + Rethus courage(crafed belt) gives 4% dmg increase each. so you lose 4% dmg compared to the best combo (Helm + legs).
    Funny, I've played since the start of legion...I have 8 of the 25 legendaries for the entire DK class. I've done my fair share of grinding and it's still taking a while to get them. I stopped grinding hard a few weeks ago because of burnout...so no I wouldn't say at all that if you've played since launch you should have most of them. RNG is RNG at the end of the day....and tying bis to rng is just complete shit.

Look on the bright side. Once you've got all the legendaries that you don't want it's only the good 1s that are left for you to get.

You could also try and target the legendaries you are actually interested in too (wont work for the 1s added in 7.25 but it does for the others). I normally seem to get a legendary every 2 weeks or so. Occasionally i've had them much faster (after only 3 or 4 days of the previous) but it's generally about 2 weeks. So when I get to about 12 days from when I last got a legendary I spend all my nethershards on a reilinquished token for the slot that the legendary I want goes into. TLDR (if you want a legendary belt, buy relinquished belt tokens and use em when you think you are due a legendary). I have successfully got the legendary I wanted 2 or 3 times by doing this.

Btw played time is irrelevant unless something has changed. It's about what you do in that play time. Only some content awards legendaries and builds bad luck protection. Raids + dungeons (higher difficulty possibly having a better chance), emissary caches, legionfall recompense bags (one of the best way is to join a portal farming group and you can get about 10 in under 2 hours), mythic plus chests and weekly cache etc.

The more legendary eligible stuff you do the more legendaries you are going to get. It's why my main has 15 legendaries while my alt who has been max level for a similar ammount of time but does far less legendary eligible content "only" has 8.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny, I've played since the start of legion...I have 8 of the 25 legendaries for the entire DK class. I've done my fair share of grinding and it's still taking a while to get them. I stopped grinding hard a few weeks ago because of burnout...so no I wouldn't say at all that if you've played since launch you should have most of them. RNG is RNG at the end of the day....and tying bis to rng is just complete shit.
    It's not THAT rng though... I get 1 almost like clockwork around every 2 weeks since they made the changes 6 months ago or whenever it was. Just do your emissaries, the broken shore dailies and clear the latest raid every week and you generally aren't going to be waiting more than 2-3 weeks. When you know approximately when you are likely to get 1 you can target the 1 you want with relinquished tokens which further removes part of the RNG... A couple of times i've got 1 after only 3 or 4 days of the previous but it's generally 12-15 days. I don't grind anything... I don't do mythic plus beyond what I need to get a 15 for the weekly cache, I don't do daily heroic, I rarely bother with LFR and i've never portal farmed.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2017-07-20 at 10:15 PM.

tying bis to rng is just complete shit
    Welcome to MMO's bro. I haven't raided every expansion, but if there was a time that you were ever guaranteed BiS for doing something completely under your control, that was the exception. I really wanted the Hand of Ragnoros (and it would have made a bigger percentage difference than the legendaries you're crying about not getting) and I saved up my DKP to guarantee I was always first in line but the Eye of Sulfuras never dropped a single time for my raid. Boo hoo.