Poll: Who Do You Give Your Guild's First Mythic Mount To?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Question Who Do You Give Your Guild's First Mythic Mount To?

So, with the abomination (in an awesome way) of a mount that the Shackled Ur'zul is, a question popped up.

Who do you give your guild's first mythic mount to?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a 100% drop on Mythic for everyone who participates in the kill while it's still current content, IIRC.

It's been that way for a long time, ever since Wrath, I think.

But, if it were up to me, I'd have everyone fight in the pit.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not mythic raider but giving it to any one person seems like recipe for butt hurt. Random imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    So, with the abomination (in an awesome way) of a mount that the Shackled Ur'zul is, a question popped up.

Who do you give your guild's first mythic mount to?
    To be fair for all, roll for it. Of course, guildies should have first dibs.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

RL or strat guy, if it's a different person, gets the first one. Others should roll for theirs.

For the few tiers that I ran a guild that was capable of farming those rare mounts, we worked out a system of "levels" of loyalty to the guild. The top level was those who had been in the guild since the beginning of that current expansion. Those folks were guaranteed the first mounts and /rolled for each one until they all got one. After that we had 3 more levels of how long people had been in the raid group, people who joined during the previous tier, those who joined during the current tier and then those who had been in less than 2 months. We'd do /roll and if you were in one of those more veteran groups, you got a bonus to your roll (+30 or +15) to give you a better shot at your roll winning. So it was possible that a newbie to the guild would get a mount if they got lucky and everyone else rolled shitty. But more likely the veterans would get it over time and eventually everyone got one that was around during the kill.

The key was coming up with that system ahead of time to let people know how it was going to go down, instead of coming up with that decision on your first kill. In the end, for something like HFC, we had 6 folks in that "top level" including myself as GM/RL. I think I ended up being the last of those 6 folks to get one but overall no one got butthurt and every one that wanted a mount got one. Sometimes it can be tough to accomplish that depending on how long you get to farm the mount. I joined the guild that I eventually took over when they were working towards killing Heroic Garrosh. I killed it with them and didn't expect a mount as we only had about 15 weeks of farming weeks before WoD was due out. But I ended up getting one because the leadership took a more casual "we'll give it to people who we think deserve it" approach that caused many chapped fannies when it was all said and done.
    Git Er Raid
    GM and RL for life

I've always given the drops to those who have been there the longest.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    RL or strat guy, if it's a different person, gets the first one. Others should roll for theirs.
    Sadly it usually goes to the guild leaders wife =/ ie Ashes of A'lar

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Sadly it usually goes to the guild leaders wife =/ ie Ashes of A'lar
    I tend to stay away from such guilds. There's no future in there.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    I tend to stay away from such guilds. There's no future in there.
    most people dont know its going to happen until it does.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They all contribute to the fight, so a random roll. If not letting the RNGods decide your fate, then make them all fight in the Gurubashi arena to the death.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Random roll, only core raiders can roll, no trials.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pet0r-the-Pan View Post
    i would only buy a flying potato

If it doesn't go up for a random roll you're in a shit guild.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    It's a 100% drop on Mythic for everyone who participates in the kill while it's still current content, IIRC.

It's been that way for a long time, ever since Wrath, I think.

But, if it were up to me, I'd have everyone fight in the pit.
    It's 100% drop on kill but the boss only drops 2 of them, high end guilds just kill it enough times to get everyone in the guild one.

The officers get it last (their choice, much to the guild's protest), but it's a random roll among the members (if you became a member after the first kill, you're put in the officer's pool).
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post

It's 100% drop on kill but the boss only drops 2 of them, high end guilds just kill it enough times to get everyone in the guild one.
    Oh, right. Some people still use Master Loot... I won't get into the argument here, not the topic of the thread, but wouldn't it being on Personal Loot mean everyone gets the mount?

Oh, right. Some people still use Master Loot... I won't get into the argument here, not the topic of the thread, but wouldn't it being on Personal Loot mean everyone gets the mount?
    some people DON'T use masterloot? also in that scenario one random person would get the mount and none else (just like how the kara NB run used to work)

Nah it would mean one random person in the raid will get one and if the person the system selected already has one then it's lost to the nether.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    some people DON'T use masterloot? also in that scenario one random person would get the mount and none else (just like how the kara NB run used to work)
    Yes, and I'll have you know, I like it a whole lot better. It takes up less raid time, and does the same exact goddamn thing Master Loot does in a fraction of the time it would take a human to divvy up the gear evenly. Plus, unwanted gear can always be traded to people who actually need it inside the raid group. Which means you can have the best of both worlds.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and I'll have you know, I like it a whole lot better. It takes up less raid time, and does the same exact goddamn thing Master Loot does in a fraction of the time it would take a human to divvy up the gear evenly. Plus, unwanted gear can always be traded to people who actually need it inside the raid group. Which means you can have the best of both worlds.
    Tier doesn't drop as tokens on personal loot though, so you'd only be trading between individual classes, not token classes. Also, in decent guilds loot is given to people based on how much it is an upgrade for each individual, because that will mean the overall raid will become stronger. In very top end it means you can funnel gear to certain specs that may scale better than another, for example. It's not about unwanted gear, it's about what is the biggest upgrade.

Also not to mention role priority for gear, which is basically always DPS > Healers > Tanks, because as soon as a tank can survive, extra gear gives them a lot less benefit than it does for DPS.

No then it's just 1/2 random people

Master loot is better for anything with tier tokens, granted KJ doesn't have tier but still most guilds use similar loot methods.