Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Play stupid games, gain stupid prizes.

People, even these days will never truly heed that ELECTRICITY uses WATER as a CONDUCTOR.

Stupidity kills sometimes.

Shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    A typical DC charger does not have enough volts and amps to kill you, it was common sense but you had to try to sound smart and made yourself sound stupid.

It would be like if I said "a bullet alone won't kill you"

Then you would say "herpa derp what are you talking about about a bullet fired from a gun will kill you"

Then I would say "no shit sherlock"

I mean for fuck sake you can drop a car battery in a bath and not die, lord stop spouting stupid shit, not everything needs to be spelled out, use some god damn common sense.

Your vulgarity and use of words shows that you stumble through life with a very low IQ. I'm sorry that you're obviously incapable of understanding most things.
    Have a good life, goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by Souflikar View Post
    Your vulgarity and use of words shows that you stumble through life with a very low IQ. I'm sorry that you're obviously incapable of understanding most things.
    Have a good life, goodbye.
    That's the best you have? Childish insults?

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Bathtubs normally aren't made from ceramic, they are made from enamel and do conduct electricity, they are usually grounded too, which makes them saver when you drop in something that carries voltage. The problem here was that he went out of his way to get an extension to connect to some plug outside the bathroom and then placed it on his chest. It is like he tried very, very hard to make it lethal.
    Emanel is an insulator, the conductive variant is usually laced with metals and more an industrial thing. The only time your run of the mill bath tub is conductive is if it is either a rustic one, the coating is broken or the at least the drain is metallic and grounded. That was alot easier back in the day when everyone was using metallic piping. Today though with PVC or PE piping being more common it is far from guaranteed that a system like that would actually work. Especially in renovated places I wouldn't bet on someone having bothered to somehow ground the drain by drilling a couple of holes into your wall to get a decent PE connection there, if that is even possible (they aren't all metal either these days).

The point I was trying to make is that people should not trust blindly in RCDs (because some here sound like that it alone would have saved his sorry ass), there are a lot of factors to consider and while RCDs have helped to reduce death by electrecution by 50% and then some, it requires certain conditions to actually protect you. Even with protective devices, electronic appliances connected to mains have no place anywhere near your bath tub. Especially something as dumb and useless as charging your phone inside the filled bathtub.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something because of a different nomenclauture, but the only difference I could find between a normal RCD and a GFCI was lower reaction time and threshold, sense type should still be A. I don't see how a "high" impedence load would trip it if there is no PE path, unless you guys use conductive ceramic or have the bathtub's drain grounded.
    You are missing the fact they work and in some cases, a GFI is mandatory by code in bathrooms with a bathtub or shower. And water will conduct electricity and act as a ground. You can not have a good ground connection outside a house if the grounding rod is in sand with no water present. Which is why the rods are driven fairly deep to make sure there is contact with the moist soil.

Quote Originally Posted by Beardless Man View Post
    Play stupid games, gain stupid prizes.

People, even these days will never truly heed that ELECTRICITY uses WATER as a CONDUCTOR.
    Eh, water is actually pretty bad conductor. It's all the stuff that's dissolved in the water that carries the current.