Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    You heard it here first folks... a no name on the internet declares it so. May it be written on his tombstone for all to see.
    Apparently I'm not entitled to an opinion on here (as I so blatantly stated).

I heard this and was immediately saddened, then found out it was Suicide and was angered. I loved their early work as Hybrid Theory came out when I was in 6th grade and I listened to the shit outta that album, Meteora was amazing and I loved every song. The remix albums were good as well. But the New stuff was just plain Awful and way too Emo for me. Sad to see that he couldn't find help with the immense financial means available to him. Thoughts go out to the Family and Band... Sadly They will never be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by LonerStoner View Post
    Damn, I really enjoyed their first few albums. Six kids and millions of adoring fans and still killed himself....wtf?
    Mental Illness does not care if you have kids or millions of fans. His brain was not thinking correctly.

I had tickets to one of their shows with Of Mice & Men a few years ago, chester broke his leg on the show right before the one i had tickets for... cancelled the rest of the tour.... totally hearthbroken for weeks after that... waited and waited... here they come again on tour to Hershey,PA with blink 182 and machine gun kelly, bought my tickets 4-5 months ago... 10 days till the show and... this.... ugh...

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I heard this and was immediately saddened, then found out it was Suicide and was angered. I loved their early work as Hybrid Theory came out when I was in 6th grade and I listened to the shit outta that album, Meteora was amazing and I loved every song. The remix albums were good as well. But the New stuff was just plain Awful and way too Emo for me. Sad to see that he couldn't find help with the immense financial means available to him. Thoughts go out to the Family and Band... Sadly They will never be the same.
    Money does not fix mental health issues or make the things he has had to deal with in life hurt less. You have no idea what was going on in his head or what he has dealt with in life. You have no idea how he felt on the inside. Who is was in public as Linkin Park is very different than who is as a person.

Deleted
    Apparently he was abused from age 7-13 by an older guy. Not sure how much impact that have but it can't be healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, money does not magically fix mental health problems. The people who are feigning outrage at this mans suicide need to take a long hard look at themselves and how easy their lives must be to so harshly judge a total stranger

Devil's Advocate! YAY!

Thats the problem the DO. Many people that go "wtf man, your rich have kids, and a good life, why kill yourself" are acting that way because they DO compare that life to theirs, working 9-5, or more likely part time to make ends meet, where this guy had millions of dollars and all the fame prestige that they will never have. It is VERY VERY difficult to understand depression if you never had it, even if you try to, without actually being depressed (like seriously) at some point in your life, people generally won't understand.

All they have to go off of is what they see. They see a rich/famous person, with a life they can only dream of, sad and depressed enough to kill themselves. Where they have a shittier life, but still trudge on day in and day out to provide for themselves.

-side note-

At the end of this month, I am going to Texas to help take care of my sister who is also going through suicidal depression due to her job. I don't understand what she is going through, just that she needs her family. She is far better off than I am as well, but to me that doesn't matter, she is my sister and shee needs us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caralhoPT View Post
    Apparently I'm not entitled to an opinion on here (as I so blatantly stated).
    When you start listing off successful artists and why they suck... one would hope its at the very least a qualified opinion, otherwise who cares? What a waste of breath... err finger movement...

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    What a shame. Suicide is never the answer.
    sometimes it is. If you know anything about his private live you know better. addiction, rape, bad childhood, divorce witnessed at child etc...
    Not saying its THE answer. But for some people. Who are in allot of pain. its the only answer. medication and talking does not help.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    Devil's Advocate! YAY!

Thats the problem the DO. Many people that go "wtf man, your rich have kids, and a good life, why kill yourself" are acting that way because they DO compare that life to theirs, working 9-5, or more likely part time to make ends meet, where this guy had millions of dollars and all the fame prestige that they will never have. It is VERY VERY difficult to understand depression if you never had it, even if you try to, without actually being depressed (like seriously) at some point in your life, people generally won't understand.

All they have to go off of is what they see. They see a rich/famous person, with a life they can only dream of, sad and depressed enough to kill themselves. Where they have a shittier life, but still trudge on day in and day out to provide for themselves.

-side note-

At the end of this month, I am going to Texas to help take care of my sister who is also going through suicidal depression due to her job. I don't understand what she is going through, just that she needs her family. She is far better off than I am as well, but to me that doesn't matter, she is my sister and shee needs us.
    Dude.....look up his youth...that is most likely the reason for his death.!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychohamster View Post
    Apparently he was abused from age 7-13 by an older guy. Not sure how much impact that have but it can't be healthy.
    Which led to the excessive drug use... and his interesting raspy voice.

I had seen him in the news/youtube recently and appeared to be doing okay.

I think (especially given the letter to Chris) that Cornell's death just brought back some really nasty demons.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you start listing off successful artists and why they suck... one would hope its at the very least a qualified opinion, otherwise who cares? What a waste of breath... err finger movement...
    Ugh.. Your ignorance knows NO BOUNDS then! I won't indulge in your petty/weak argument.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    So money fixes addiction, rape trauma, bad childhood etc??? somethings money can not fix.

Its the same with idiots who said it about Robin williams....not even reading up what his sickness entailed...or his history was....

You have information means....why do you not use that to research before commenting!

You heard it here first folks... a no name on the internet declares it so. May it be written on his tombstone for all to see.
    You do realize what "imo" stands for yea?

Kind of like how I say "IMO A dot Ham, your reply to that poster was pretty shitty".

Guy couldn't even kill himself without copying a better artist.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    You do realize what "imo" stands for yea?

Kind of like how I say "IMO A dot Ham, your reply to that poster was pretty shitty".
    Does that contribute ANYTHING to this thread? Does anyone care? Should we care?

Here is my point... its an incredibly interesting voice (and I like Linkin Park a lot) and despite his issues with it... he had some range.

I would say he was probably a better songwriter than a singer, especially if you listen to some of their slower stuff... but who cares what I think about his voice, what does that contribute to the thread?

What does Simon Cowell think of his voice? Does anyone care? If I posted a video of Simon Cowell expressing how much he thought Linkin Park sucked... would anyone care? What does that have to do with a thread about Chester's death?
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2017-07-20 at 11:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does that contribute ANYTHING to this thread? Does anyone care? Should we care?
    You cared enough to reply. Pretty much sums up your thought process.

10+ Year Old Account
    You cared enough to reply. Pretty much sums up your thought process.
    I thought you were done?

Quote Originally Posted by Selvarion View Post
    Pretty much were I am at, everything links back to Tmz which itself doesn't provide any proof.
    I mean Mike Shinoda made a tweet about it if that isn't enough.

If only this was Chad Kroeger.
    #PutaStoptoNickleback.

Rip in peace.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cobain was the only relevant/talented one that decided to off himself. The rest were slightly average imo.
    Not that it's in any way relevant to this thread but Cobain was terribly overrated. Even in his own band he was the least talented.