Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    What's this then

Murder in Port Orchard, Washington
    According to court documents filed on November 5, 2014, there were images posted to 4chan that appeared to be of a murder victim. The body was discovered in Port Orchard, Washington, after the images were posted.[185] The posts were accompanied by the text: "Turns out it's way harder to strangle someone to death than it looks on the movies." A later post said: "Check the news for Port Orchard, Washington, in a few hours. Her son will be home from school soon. He'll find her, then call the cops. I just wanted to share the pics before they find me."[185] The victim was Amber Lynn Coplin, aged 30. The suspect, 33-year-old David Michael Kalac, surrendered to police in Oregon later the same day; he was charged with second-degree murder involving domestic violence.[186] Kalac was convicted in April 2017 and was sentenced to 82 years in prison the following month.[187]

I am not making this up, it's on Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4chan#....2C_Washington
    So reddit should also be shutdown due to one incident among millions of users over years?
    http://www.news.com.au/technology/on...1be2ae727ed014

What's this then

Murder in Port Orchard, Washington
    According to court documents filed on November 5, 2014, there were images posted to 4chan that appeared to be of a murder victim. The body was discovered in Port Orchard, Washington, after the images were posted.[185] The posts were accompanied by the text: "Turns out it's way harder to strangle someone to death than it looks on the movies." A later post said: "Check the news for Port Orchard, Washington, in a few hours. Her son will be home from school soon. He'll find her, then call the cops. I just wanted to share the pics before they find me."[185] The victim was Amber Lynn Coplin, aged 30. The suspect, 33-year-old David Michael Kalac, surrendered to police in Oregon later the same day; he was charged with second-degree murder involving domestic violence.[186] Kalac was convicted in April 2017 and was sentenced to 82 years in prison the following month.[187]

I am not making this up, it's on Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4chan#....2C_Washington
    I believe this is quite different, the guy was crazy, murdered someone and posted the pictures there. It was not a "team" effort from 4chan users.

PS: I updated former my post, with several other examples of 4chan team actions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Who is this "four chan"?

I live in /co and /pol and /a among others.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Apparently, the total opposite of what you just said. Murders, discrimination against human rights, and so on.
    the one time reddit tried to help, durring the boston bombing they fucked shit up and got a inocent dude accused, meanwhile 4chan actually helped further the investigation. Countless times 4chan has alerted the authorities and tracked down people posting or doing illegal shit. Maby you should visit the site and not listen to boogeman bullshit. Its clear your almost a child in terms of experience on the internet. Go experience. And fyi discrimination happens on every single site, including this one.

4chan is just a message board full of assholes in general. the worst they do is group up to go to another site and make mean posts and call it "raiding".

what you are thinking of is the deep/dark web and there are sites there that are illegal just to visit. its not something you can access by accident.

I used to be extremely active (read as: shitpost constantly) on /v/ and /vg/.

Now I rarely post, mostly just browse those same boards and usually have a /mu/ and /tv/ tab open at any given time. I went to /b/ for the first time in over a decade the other day, it's like a time capsule of mid-2000's internet culture but with updated image macros and thread games.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I live in /co and /pol and /a among others.
    But pol is boring. At least v is funny when a and u spill over.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    the one time reddit tried to help, durring the boston bombing they fucked shit up and got a inocent dude accused, meanwhile 4chan actually helped further the investigation. Countless times 4chan has alerted the authorities and tracked down people posting or doing illegal shit. Maby you should visit the site and not listen to boogeman bullshit. Its clear your almost a child in terms of experience on the internet. Go experience. And fyi discrimination happens on every single site, including this one.
    do you think you could provide proof of this or no. It's up to you but just asking since it really boggles my mind, I'd figure 4chan would be the one to intentionally mislead authorities in a situation like this

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I've never been interested in visiting it, but seeing some examples from that place, it seems to be a place full of mean people and trolls. Not sure why anyone would want to be a part of that.
    Because only the mean and troll posts leave the site and get exposure on other sites (other than the memes, of course).

Ask anyone that actually uses the site and they can tell you they have had literally a decade or more of good times on the site and pleasant discourse with other users.

- - - Updated - - -

do you think you could provide proof of this or no. It's up to you but just asking since it really boggles my mind, I'd figure 4chan would be the one to intentionally mislead authorities in a situation like this
    This doesn't have the 4chan bit but it cover's Reddit's side of the botched investigation.
    http://www.slate.com/articles/techno...h_its_own.html

They pinned the bombing on a student that had committed suicide

10+ Year Old Account
    doesn't 4chan discriminate and even attempt to murder women, homosexuality and such? This is the last thing I'll say since I'm out of what I've heard, most of anything else seemed to have been clarified.
    You're way to gullible if you actually believe any of that.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh shit guys. Someone used 4chan.

Call the cyber police!

Consequences will never be the same.

People always have a ton of misconceptions about 4chan, always hearing horror stories that come from the site.

The truth is that 4chan 99% of the time is just a normal image board. Every now and then you will find someone posting fucked up shit there but that is generally cleaned up quick by their moderators, which 4chan does have and they have a crap load of em, it isn't a website where anything goes. The primary suspect board for weird shit is /b/, and once again you may find something disturbing posted there once in a blue moon that only stays up for a couple of minutes before its taken down, the rest of the time its just a constant spamming of tits, dicks and random shit. The rest of the site is perfectly fine, you have the different boards with their different topics that each have their own different moderators.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Oh shit guys. Someone used 4chan.

Call the cyber police!

Consequences will never be the same.
    That poor child abusing wife beating dead man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I've never been interested in visiting it, but seeing some examples from that place, it seems to be full of mean people and trolls. Not sure why anyone would want to be a part of that.
    That is like 3/60 sub-forums. Many of the Sub-chans are actually really helpful. I made a lot of friends in SWTOR in the /swgg/ threads of Videogames General

7+ Year Old Account
    I find it really stomach churning to believe it's allowed to exist as is then.
    Hate speech is not free speech!

= + =

Seriously though, get a grip. Quite aside from the fact that it's not all /pol/ and /b/ , if you don't like it just steer clear of it. But given that (a) the First Amendment exists, and (b) info on the site's owner is publically known last I checked, it's clearly not illegal in the USA. Or anywhere you can get onto it without proxies, VPNs and the like - sites banned in the UK are actually blocked for example.
    Still not tired of winning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    But pol is boring. At least v is funny when a and u spill over.
    /wsg/ is always good for a laugh as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle View Post
    People always have a ton of misconceptions about 4chan, always hearing horror stories that come from the site.

The truth is that 4chan 99% of the time is just a normal image board. Every now and then you will find someone posting fucked up shit there but that is generally cleaned up quick by their moderators, which 4chan does have and they have a crap load of em, it isn't a website where anything goes. The primary suspect board for weird shit is /b/, and once again you may find something disturbing posted there once in a blue moon that only stays up for a couple of minutes before its taken down, the rest of the time its just a constant spamming of tits, dicks and random shit. The rest of the site is perfectly fine, you have the different boards with their different topics that each have their own different moderators.
    so does this imply not all boards are cozy with each other? i.e, the video game general does not have positive opinions of this /b/

Its just a website?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I visit 4chan daily mostly /int/ and /o/.

/pol/ is awful as it's full of shills and the same Australian posting the blacked threads.