Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    in the newest book thats out in japan but not in english yet (so translation could slightly change) it is said that kokiri were simply human kids who got lost and will start to age like normal if outside of the deku trees magic, after ganondorf took over and the world began to flood deku tree used his magic to turn them into koroks so they would be better able to protect themselves
    God damn all the retcons!

Real question is where do all the deku nut rings fit into this wierd tree magic?

Most Nintendo fans didn't expect voice chat at all. .
    You got some proof to this claim right?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

This is hilarious. I can only imagine the face of the engineer that had to design that. It looks soooo much like a bad workaround, I am 100% certain this whole thing went down like this:
    Exec: "So and how am I going to talk with my teammates?"
    Engineer: "Sir.....you cant. There was no microphone in the hardware specification we sent to manufacturing"
    Exec: "Why not you incompetent fool?"
    Engineer: "Because its our policy to be family friendly and people can be mean. You wanted it cheap. And never during R&D was the requirement of chat brought up. Also you greenlighted this."
    Exec: "I don't care get it done!"

Just looking at that makes my head hurt.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

yeah but last time i checked it said the game was 59.99 and i was gonna get it for 51, i guess i got some sort of preorder price cut thing? maybe they put the wrong price in at some point idk, still. 45$ is a steal.
    They always do $45 for preorders with Prime.
    It was like that when I preordered it last month.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You got some proof to this claim right?
    I mean, Nintendo hasn't bothered making voice chat a serious option until the Switch, so why would anyone expect them to suddenly?

That being said, I swear, this thread is becoming a bit over the top with the whole "It's okay when Nintendo does it" sarcasm, since you know, no one has said that here. Nor have I seen anyone anywhere. It's like, can we move onto actual discussion instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    They always do $45 for preorders with Prime.
    It was like that when I preordered it last month.

I mean, Nintendo hasn't bothered making voice chat a serious option until the Switch, so why would anyone expect them to suddenly?

That being said, I swear, this thread is becoming a bit over the top with the whole "It's okay when Nintendo does it" sarcasm, since you know, no one has said that here. Nor have I seen anyone anywhere. It's like, can we move onto actual discussion instead?
    i guess its a new thing, i know prime members get a discount if its preordered or within 2 weeks of release but ive never seen it be that low before
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

i guess its a new thing, i know prime members get a discount if its preordered or within 2 weeks of release but ive never seen it be that low before
    New? They have been doing it for awhile. It's a 20% discount for pre orders on games
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    New? They have been doing it for awhile. It's a 20% discount for pre orders on games
    i know about the 20% thing, but like i said, last time i looked at it it said i was gonna have to pay 51
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

They have been doing it for a bit over a year now..

- - - Updated - - -

Because I would expect a device to have simple basic features that all other devices on the market have, Even more so when Nintendo is pushing into online gaming more (Arms and Splatoon as examples).

That still isn't proof to his claim. The fact people are pissed about it clearly shows many wanted it.

Not surprised the app is turning out to be shit ether.

Because I would expect a device to have simple basic features that all other devices on the market have, Even more so when Nintendo is pushing into online gaming more (Arms and Splatoon as examples).

That still isn't proof to his claim. The fact people are pissed about it clearly shows many wanted it.

You'd expect the same of the Wii U and Wii, yet it was barely there.

People wanting it isn't the same as people expecting it, I don't think it's a far fetch claim to say that people gave up.

They have been doing it for a bit over a year now..

- - - Updated - - -

most people outside these forums arent pissed, more just dumbfounded at how stupid it is.

You'd expect the same of the Wii U and Wii, yet it was barely there.

People wanting it isn't the same as people expecting it, I don't think it's a far fetch claim to say that people gave up.
    So because Wii-U and Wii didn't have it that's a excuse for The Switch? This whole setup goes against the playing mobile part of it. No one is going to use this setup mobile (out in public) and look like they just stepped out of a Matrix machine.

You can't even put your phone in standbuy or accept a call without it disconnecting you.

Clearly people didn't give up since one again a vast amount of people are pissed about this.

- - - Updated - - -

most people outside these forums arent pissed, more just dumbfounded at how stupid it is.
    Then you haven't been reading anything outside of these forums. Even fanboy's over on reddit are pissed about all of this.

So because Wii-U and Wii didn't have it that's a excuse for The Switch? This whole setup goes against the playing mobile part of it. No one is going to use this setup mobile (out in public) and look like they just stepped out of a Matrix machine.

You can't even put your phone in standbuy or accept a call without it disconnecting you.

Clearly people didn't give up since one again a vast amount of people are pissed about this.

- - - Updated - - -

Then you haven't been reading anything outside of these forums. Even fanboy's over on reddit are pissed about all of this.
    thinking something is retarded doesnt make you pissed

thinking something is retarded doesnt make you pissed
    Being pissed makes you pissed. Yes there is people who are just annoyed and others who are pissed and others who may feel 100 other different way's.

Doesn't change the fact this was a stupid idea and it has 100% bombed and is being panned by a vast majority of Switch users (if not all of them).

Doesn't change the fact this was a stupid idea and it has 100% bombed and is being panned by a vast majority of Switch users (if not all of them).
    no one has ever disputed this ever. literally everyone has called it retarded.

I'd like to know what you're reading, because that's not what I said. I never said it was an excuse, I said I wouldn't be surprised if people gave up.

no one has ever disputed this ever. literally everyone has called it retarded.
    I figured it out.........

Nintendo think's everyone is a squid and think's everyone has tentacles to use to do all this shit.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd like to know what you're reading, because that's not what I said. I never said it was an excuse, I said I wouldn't be surprised if people gave up.
    Notice the ? I was asking a question. Didn't say you was saying it was excuse outright.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I...what? What does their nonsense chat "solution" have to do with the Japanese market? Literally nothing about your post implies that a single Nintendo executive has a functioning brain, if it was correct.

Not really a good defense/excuse...
    Because the Japanese dont like to use voice chat. They just dont. They think its weird. There are some exceptions with pc games, but generally on consoles they dont.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Seems Japan was an afterthought as it got significantly less launch Switches then NA.

People always use it, unless they're playing with friends in discord.

The Nintendo shills trying to come back with the "no one uses voice chat" argument again. This place is just like r/NS only you can't down vote non shills.
    Japanese dont. Other markets do.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Because the Japanese dont like to use voice chat. They just dont. They think its weird. There are some exceptions with pc games, but generally on consoles they dont.

Japanese dont. Other markets do.
    You do got some proof to back up such a claim right?

10+ Year Old Account
    You do got some proof to back up such a claim right?
    Not hard definitive proof of course, but Ive talked to Japanese people on other message boards and they think its weird and say most think its weird. Anecdotal I know, but I believe it to be true. I dont need to prove it. In the end Nintendo does know the Japanese market very well. The old crusty suits that run the show live in a bubble and either don't understand the west, or don't care to. They really should. You can see it on Reggies face every time someone asks him about a stupid decision. Hes just a PR puppet. Nintendo America/Europe have no real power. It sucks.