Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    I think this is a great idea.

Do some of you think this a "class' thing ? To stop the criminal element from breeding.

And does criminality run thru families?. eg Dad was a Bank Robber / Son becomes a bank robber.
    If it does, then the birth control option cannot be a bad thing.
    Great idea, they should also stop the treatment of chlamydia too.

Honestly there needs to be something like this for the welfare system. Once you have X amount of kids and are on welfare you should have to be on mandatory or permanent birth control to qualify for assistance.

Dont think its fair? Work and support your damn kids yourself and have all you want.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a good idea. It's an option for them, so it isn't forced sterilization.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Lets pretend there isn't a racial undertone.
    I mean, that is assuming you aren't implying certain races are more likely to be criminals. But that'd just make you racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I think it's a good idea. It's an option for them, so it isn't forced sterilization.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, that is assuming you aren't implying certain races are more likely to be criminals. But that'd just make you racist.
    But he wouldn't be wrong

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    i don't get Alimony why should some one pay for there ex? unless im just miss understanding it comply.

There's a reason why this is unethical - it's just one step short of "we don't like you, so we will pay your family $x to kill yourself".
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Honestly there needs to be something like this for the welfare system. Once you have X amount of kids and are on welfare you should have to be on mandatory or permanent birth control to qualify for assistance.

Dont think its fair? Work and support your damn kids yourself and have all you want.
    so say some one who already has kids and losers there job or has to pay a crap on of medical bills for what ever reason and has to go on welfare should have to be made unable to have kids? that doesn't seem reasonable at all.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    so say some one who already has kids and losers there job or has to pay a crap on of medical bills for what ever reason and has to go on welfare should have to be made unable to have kids? that doesn't seem reasonable at all.
    Absolutely, not all birth controls are permanent. If you lose your job and or have a crap ton of medical bills you should not be having more kids. Get on the BC, get your welfare but once you can get caught up, come off the BC and go back to having kids.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Absolutely, not all birth controls are permanent. If you lose your job and or have a crap ton of medical bills you should not be having more kids. Get on the BC, get your welfare but once you can get caught up, come off the BC and go back to having kids.
    so who's gonna pay for what ever form of birth control? if there on welfare they most likely cant afford it them self.

Deleted
    I too like my oppression through freedom.

I support it. They aren't being forced, it's an option. Not to mention, with how over populated our species is... We could really do with some people getting vasectomies/tube tying.

Tennessee jails shorten sentances for inmates who get Vasectomies

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    How is this even viewed as unethical? What kind of moron even views this as coercion? They aren't taking away anyone's ability to reproduce. They are just giving them the option to with an incentive.
    This is sick. And could lead down a dark road to more government control over human lives. What happens when you take this step. The next step is if you commit certain crimes you get one involuntarily. And so on and so on. This is a slippery slope I say we do not go down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People shouldn't be jailed over alimony or child support.... Considering that wage garnishment is a thing by would you jail people over that? How are they suppose to pay when behind bars and then get a job?

Deleted
    What a profoundly stupid, misandrists idea. Not only doesn't it help against females getting pregnant (you know, the sex that can actually get children) it can rob these males of starting a family for life.
    I really can not understand that people from "the land of the free" can support this in any way. Always bitching about the "large government" and "muh freedoms" while at the same time supporting Chinese levels of population control.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    What a profoundly stupid, misandrists idea. Not only doesn't it help against females getting pregnant (you know, the sex that can actually get children) it can rob these males of starting a family for life.
    I really can not understand that people from "the land of the free" can support this in any way. Always bitching about the "large government" and "muh freedoms" while at the same time supporting Chinese levels of population control.
    These guys are in jail for NOT paying child support, they have already started families and are not taking care of them.

Idiotic on all counts. 30 days is rather trivial, and offering this isn't going to reduce the criminals capacity to get out and continue doing illegal things. Complete waste of taxpayer money, and a huge target for lawsuits.

Deleted
    To those who think this is moral.. would you also be ok with offering poor people food or housing if they get sterilized?

I think this is disgusting at least. I mean ok, do that to serious sex offenders, like pedophiles and rapists but this... nope, just nope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanyemuhammad View Post
    This is sick. And could lead down a dark road to more government control over human lives. What happens when you take this step. The next step is if you commit certain crimes you get one involuntarily. And so on and so on. This is a slippery slope I say we do not go down.
    Frankly, there are certain sexual crimes where it SHOULD be involuntary: crimes against minors, rape and so on.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    i don't get Alimony why should some one pay for there ex? unless im just miss understanding it comply.
    The idea of alimony is basically twofold.

One, in the stereotypical nuclear family unit (y'know, the one that conservatives are always holding up as the ideal) the husband works and the wife takes care of the kids, so the woman is not in a position to take care of themselves should they be suddenly left to their own devices. Were it not for alimony, in that situation, women would be forced to stay with a husband that beats or otherwise abuses them, for fear of being homeless should they leave.

Two, again in the stereotypical nuclear family unit, the wife is providing critical services to the family. Cooking, cleaning, taking care of the house and children, are all things that have to be done. Having all that stuff be handled by someone else frees the husband up to focus on their career, allowing him to be more successful and make more money. Alimony is a recognition of the wife's contribution to the husband's career.

Realistically, at this point in time the basic premise that this is founded upon is becoming less common, so the idea of alimony is becoming more and more outdated as time goes on. But in a legal sense, it's probably going to stick around until the majority of the population finally accepts that the nuclear family from the 50s isn't going to be coming back as the standard in the foreseeable future. So likely when the baby boomers die off and are replaced with lawmakers that were never alive for that environment to begin with.

This is an obviously good idea that's probably unconstitutional. Despite the straightforward appeal of mitigating criminal tendencies in the long run and decreasing welfare spending in the short run, maintaining a consistent pro-liberty deontology is generally more important to me, so I'd err on the side of not allowing a government to enact such a policy.