Thread: Been forever...

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Been forever...

Got a legendary crusader shield that dropped in my public party, was just a DH and I left, a wizard.

Tried giving it to a real life friend whose game I joined and he said he couldn't pick it up. Is this no longer possible? Does it need to be in town? (It was in a regular rift.)
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

He needs to be in party when you got it originally

Diablo 3 not having trade is absolutely absurd.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play on both PS4 and PC, and the oddity is that on PS4 you can trade whatever, whenever with whoever you want. Yet PC doesn't allow that.

Could it be that because of botting / black market trading they decided to not allow it on PC?

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    I play on both PS4 and PC, and the oddity is that on PS4 you can trade whatever, whenever with whoever you want. Yet PC doesn't allow that.

Could it be that because of botting / black market trading they decided to not allow it on PC?
    Because on PS4 everything is local, hence online is full of cheaters/hackers. On PC everything is on erver side and they can block trading. Different structures. However on PS4 you can trade only in normal mode, in seasons loot sharing is disabled.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Because on PS4 everything is local, hence online is full of cheaters/hackers. On PC everything is on erver side and they can block trading. Different structures. However on PS4 you can trade only in normal mode, in seasons loot sharing is disabled.
    Very true. should have mention non-season only.
    If I'm correct most of the duping/cheating came from transferring and editing PS3/360 savegame files to PS4/XBone right?

Makes you think why they didn't add a max value to a certain item ID for the server to check when the game made online connection. But I'm no programmer so it might be more difficult than just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Very true. should have mention non-season only.
    If I'm correct most of the duping/cheating came from transferring and editing PS3/360 savegame files to PS4/XBone right?

Makes you think why they didn't add a max value to a certain item ID for the server to check when the game made online connection. But I'm no programmer so it might be more difficult than just that.
    Not really the best guy to ask to, but i just suppose that since files/saves are stored locally, and can be "easily" extracted, editing them won't be that difficult. Whole D2 modding scene was about decompressing the game files and editing .csv with excel (plus adding the entries in tables).

The max value thing you propose cannot work simply because how the server recognize an item copy different from an item of the same type dropped? All items should have unique IDs with a proper db structure to check/mantain and so on....so probably not worth it.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.