Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    It will upgrade you to pro, and yes I have tested it.
    I still feel that using that thing to cheat a free upgrade will come back to bite one's ass.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe you can upgrade still at no cost by selecting 'Assistive Technologies'. I saw it as an opportunity to get something legit for free on my *cough* 'legit' *cough* version of win 7 ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by flam View Post
    I believe you can upgrade still at no cost by selecting 'Assistive Technologies'. I saw it as an opportunity to get something legit for free on my *cough* 'legit' *cough* version of win 7 ultimate
    I thought non legitimate copies are upgraded to a non legitimate copy of 10? Or did they scrap that?

Deleted
    What do you mean, Breath of the Wild won't run on my Nintendo 64?!

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    People saying Windows 10 is the best are making me laugh so hard my sides hurt.

You think forced updates in the middle of online gaming are better ?
    You think half the hardware not working due to lack of drivers is better ?
    You think PC waking up from hibernation in the middle of the night to install updates and not go into hibernation again is better ?

I got burned by Windows 10. Hard. Especially when half the programs including Windows Edge VANISHED after one update. Together with bottom toolbar not working at all. All I did before that happened was browse through the same web pages I did previously on Win7 and play WoW.

I will stay on Windows 7 as long as it will be supported by majority of software, hardware and games.
    1. Forced updates in the middle of gaming is easily fixable by setting up the update proces correctly, this is more a user issue that a Windows issue (use the active hours and restart options settings) i've never encountered this issue on a correctly setup system.
    2. Thats not a MS or Windows Problem. Hardware manufacturers are responsible to support hardware in newer OS versions, not Microsoft. If those manufacturers are slacking and not providing the correct drivers, vote with your wallet and don't buy their kit if they aren't standing behind their product and actively support it for the time you plan to use the hardware.
    3. This is the one issue i have with Windows 10, and yes its quite annoying at times, only happens like once a month though.
    Last edited by chronia; 2017-07-21 at 09:02 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I thought non legitimate copies are upgraded to a non legitimate copy of 10? Or did they scrap that?
    Pretty sure it wouldn't let you upgrade at all if it was scanned as non legitimate
    Last edited by flam; 2017-07-21 at 09:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    win 10 boots significantly faster than 7? especially on low spec machines? what are u talking about?
    Most likely it's the case of "i had on PC with windows 7 on it and HDD, now i have new PC with windows 10 and SSD and it loads so fast now! must be OS upgrade definitely"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Ahh but Microsoft are forcing the issue early, if you have a Ryzen based system or a new Intel Kabylake or higher based system.. And want to keep Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 as Microsoft has blocked all update support if you have one of the mentioned CPU's as they want everyone on Windows 10..
    Yeah, throw in here how much personal information MS leeches off windows 10 users... it's not worth it IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    considering that XP and Vista are 15 and 10 years old, this is no surprise. and you don't have to upgrade to Windows 10, you can always use Windows 7 or 8
    Reading the article I thought "Wait what? Three major Windows releases?" I totally forgot Windows 8 even existed till you brought it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Most likely it's the case of "i had on PC with windows 7 on it and HDD, now i have new PC with windows 10 and SSD and it loads so fast now! must be OS upgrade definitely"

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, throw in here how much personal information MS leeches off windows 10 users... it's not worth it IMO
    You realise Apple and Google have been doing that long before Microsoft yes?

Why are MS suddenly getting dumped on for deciding to do data collection?

Maybe because Google and Apple don't have full access to user folders. Unless those 2 have full access to folders on users' PCs aswell, which I am unaware of.

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    My gaming laptop runs Windows 10. It's 'aight.
    I always giggle when hear stuff like this
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Maybe because Google and Apple don't have full access to user folders. Unless those 2 have full access to folders on users' PCs aswell, which I am unaware of.
    Evidence that MS do with Windows 10? Also hate to tell you but even if MS do they aren't selling your damn info. And they don't care if you are playing WoW either.

- - - Updated - - -

I always giggle when hear stuff like this
    Why? Because some people need the portability?

Also there are very good gaming laptops.

http://www.ebuyer.com/770451-msi-gl6...s7-16j562-1672

That one is mine which I got at £499 and it runs games quite well.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-21 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    1. Forced updates in the middle of gaming is easily fixable by setting up the update proces correctly, this is more a user issue that a Windows issue (use the active hours and restart options settings) i've never encountered this issue on a correctly setup system.
    2. Thats not a MS or Windows Problem. Hardware manufacturers are responsible to support hardware in newer OS versions, not Microsoft. If those manufacturers are slacking and not providing the correct drivers, vote with your wallet and don't buy their kit if they aren't standing behind their product and actively support it for the time you plan to use the hardware.
    3. This is the one issue i have with Windows 10, and yes its quite annoying at times, only happens like once a month though.
    I'm not saying Windows 10 is completely bad. I was talking about people saying Windows 10 is the best there ever was. It isn't.

10+ Year Old Account

Apple already had its fair share of shit, and google already became as clear as it is possible about shit they gather up about you. Now it's microsoft time, and you realy compare google to a OS? I can understand ads on a youtube or some bullshit website, but i don't want ads running through my OS.

Apple already had its fair share of shit, and google already became as clear as it is possible about shit they gather up about you. Now it's microsoft time, and you realy compare google to a OS? I can understand ads on a youtube or some bullshit website, but i don't want ads running through my OS.
    I don't have any ads on Windows 10 right now. Start menu consists of a calendar, mail app and a few things I pinned. Not once have I had an ad pop up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    The main reason to do this is that old versions of Windows don't have certain newer system APIs available, and in many cases use of these APIs can significantly improve security, stability, performance, etc. Sometimes this affects basic functionality in systems shared across, e.g., an entire game engine, and maintaining two separate code paths indefinitely (or even briefly) may be untenable. So you just rip the bandage off and make the switch to unblock some other important work.
    I still have windows xp installed to use some old software that wasn't updated for modern OS...

Evidence that MS do with Windows 10? Also hate to tell you but even if MS do they aren't selling your damn info.
    Where did I say they do ? I just pointed out, that unlike Apple and Google, they can have access to way more stuff than those 2.

I'm not saying Windows 10 is completely bad. I was talking about people saying Windows 10 is the best there ever was. It isn't.
    And I agree. People pushing it on others running 7 and throwing dirt at people at people who say they are fine on 7 is just petulant.

- - - Updated - - -

Where did I say they do ? I just pointed out, that unlike Apple and Google, they can have access to way more stuff than those 2.
    So key word here is can yet they don't? Ok then. Also last I checked Apple were in the OS industry as well. You think they couldn't do that either?

And I agree. People pushing it on others running 7 and throwing dirt at people at people who say they are fine on 7 is just petulant.

- - - Updated - - -

So key word here is can yet they don't? Ok then. Also last I checked Apple were in the OS industry as well. You think they couldn't do that either?
    How many Apple OS PCs are there vs PCs with Windows ? Which would be the bigger problem ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Evidence that MS do with Windows 10? Also hate to tell you but even if MS do they aren't selling your damn info. And they don't care if you are playing WoW either.
    They do, that's one of the reasons they gather it.

Why? Because some people need the portability?
    Because they are overpriced, underperform for their costs and are unupgradable. It's just a laugh material for gaming and thumbs up for marketing, they seriously did a great job and spreading gaming laptops.