Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Yes because jewish people never, ever wear heardscarv-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tichel

Whoops.

Don't claim that people are being culturally insensitive when you have zero idea of that culture. Or are you being "offended" for someone else and claiming that they need safe spaces?
    When i typed it i thought to myself: "should i include that headscarfs arent limited to islam?" And then i thought "No, it's unneeded info and its pretty obvious that this is about a muslim woman". Guess i was wrong. Thank you for checking my privilege.

Do you want to get fired? Because this is how you get fired.

I bet she's on good terms with her boss and this is an office joke and everyone in the office is excited about what she's wearing next. Well it could happen.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The boss is being a Dick.

She is standing up to her rights in the workplace. Fucking good on her.

I've managed many businesses and always had my teams welfare at the forefront.
    When I went to Uni as a mature student after a career shift, I worked for some companies as an employee that thought staff welfare and rights were a secondary consideration.
    That cost them a lot of money once I galvanised the staff to demand their rights and shone a light on their dodgy practices.

These are people for fucks sake.. treat them as such.

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The entire concept of "looking professional" needs to die out.

If it's a private company, just fire her ass. Who does she think she is to make demands on her employer? Fcuking victim mentality everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    When i typed it i thought to myself: "should i include that headscarfs arent limited to islam?" And then i thought "No, it's unneeded info and its pretty obvious that this is about a muslim woman". Guess i was wrong. Thank you for checking my privilege.
    Don't go claiming that headscarves are "unprofessional" because they could scare jewish people when there are jewish people that wear headscarves.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice year old article mate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryDude View Post
    The entire concept of "looking professional" needs to die out.
    Why?

Ot this same top: how people dress on a job interview is always a factor whenever I interview someone.

She should have been in the nude. That'll teach 'em.

If the dress code wasn't in the contract then the boss is being a dick and is in the wrong.

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Why?

Ot this same top: how people dress on a job interview is always a factor whenever I interview someone.
    Because i don't care about how people look. I care about qualifications. If some tatted up biker got 20 years of experience in the banking business, i will trust him with my money, because that's the only thing that matters, and the only thing that should matter.

Deleted
    If she was in the wrong she'd have been fired already.

Well, a headscarf (despite not being limited to one religion) could scare of potential, say Jewish, customers for example.. Seeing the historical relationship between those 2 isnt exactly peachy.
    people must not care about other people race religion etc
    I'm her customer not her husband
    you know Jewish Christians and Muslims are all Ibrahim faith peace be upon him
    maybe someday will be peace between the relegions

WUT? There is absolutely NOTHING about that woman that says Muslim to me. And you obviously didn't even bother to do more than simply skim the article you posted if that was the conclusion you came to, as there is a pretty clear picture of her in the attire her boss appearently found "unprofessional" pasted right smack at the end of it. (not to mention that 90% of those cosplay outfits would likely get her stoned to death if she was even remotely connected to a fundamentalist Muslim faith)

Nice try on the pointless redirect though.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, a headscarf (despite not being limited to one religion) could scare of potential, say Jewish, customers for example.. Seeing the historical relationship between those 2 isnt exactly peachy.
    She works in a goddamned cubicle farm. Unless her "customers" are able to see her headscarf through her telephone, I highly doubt she is going to offend anyone.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2017-07-21 at 09:11 AM.

Some people just don't value being employed.. Have a problem? Go to HR, show up in cosplay? I would fire you in a heartbeat.

You would hear "go back home" before the door had time to close behind you.

If a boss is asking you to do something out of contract there are ways to deal with it, she is being a bitch since now everyone thinks just cause they might have an audience online they can act up and get support from other anonymous brats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beckers View Post
    Some people just don't value being employed.. Have a problem? Go to HR, show up in cosplay? I would fire you in a heartbeat.

You would hear "go back home" before the door had time to close behind you.

If a boss is asking you to do something out of contract there are ways to deal with it, she is being a bitch since now everyone thinks just cause they might have an audience online they can act up and get support from other anonymous brats.
    Wearing clothing allowed in the contract guidelines isn't "being a bitch".

Quote Originally Posted by Beckers View Post
    Did you miss the part where she went to HR, and her boss retaliated by attempting to change the dress code on the spot purely to spite her? Of course you did. Because reading the fucking article is above you or something......

First picture seems pretty clean and professional.

VS what some women wear at work with skirts so high above the knee that one has to wonder if if they are working or trying to flirt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    WUT? There is absolutely NOTHING about that woman that says Muslim to me. And you obviously didn't even bother to do more than simply skim the article you posted if that was the conclusion you came to, as there is a pretty clear picture of her in the attire her boss appearently found "unprofessional" pasted right smack at the end of it.
    I did see that picture. Remind me where i said she looked like a radical? Hell, i posted one of the cosplays in the OP didnt i? Had to go trough the others. But nice rage there. The reason you can guess she's muslim (aside from the way she wears her headscarf and the fact that she looks middle eastern) is the fact that it woulnd have made the news if it was a christian or a jewish person.